2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

A1X

The awkward moment when James Wilson has more PL goals this season than Fellaini, Kagawa and Cleverley combined...

MarcRed96

Delighted for the lad, must be a dream come true for him to score two goals on his first senior appearance at United.

He seems like a really good prospect, very composed and a lethal finisher. I thought his movement for both his goals was very impressive, he got himself in the perfect position and then took full advantage.

Based on his performances throughout the season, as well as his performance today, Wilson seems to have a really promising future ahead of him. I hope we get to see a lot more of him next season.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Better minutes per goal ratio than Suarez, Ronaldo, Aguero, Zlatan.

The stats don't lie lads! Best forward in Europe on current form.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
First things first. A loan move to a prem club.
Leicester maybe?

He will have such a limited amount of playing time for us next season that being loaned out in the prem is the ideal situation.
His debut was very good, but he is still low in the pecking order

Excited though

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Thought it was a tricky type of game for him to come into though, Hull were always going to sit a little deep and limit the space in behind that his pace could exploit as he does in the youth team. Seemed to deal with it though.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Better minutes per goal ratio than Suarez, Ronaldo, Aguero, Zlatan.

The stats don't lie lads! Best forward in Europe on current form.
:devil:

I think a move to a prem team would be good for him. Hopefully Wigan come up, Powell can stay there for longer and they can take Wilson off us for a season too.

RedRover

Looked good tonight. Worked hard and got in great positions - key to a decent forward player.

One for the future by the looks of it.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Who knows how good he will be. Pure guess work at this point. Lets just enjoy his moment.
my thoughts too, great buzz seeing him score two, but lets not get carried away and over hype the kid like we have done with so many youngsters over the years!

but still was great too see tonight! was an emotional night all round!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great game from him, showed a real strikers instinct, always got in good positions. Easy enough finishes but he had to be there to take them so well done to him. Hopefully he plays a role next season and we don't just send him on loan.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Don't wanna get carried away. But does anyone else think Wilson + Januzaj can push each other's performance to a higher level like we had with Rooney + Ronaldo in the early years ? Should be extremely healthy competition if they're up for it. :D

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He has goals in him. He's scored goals at every level he's played at.

The question now is if he can keep developing and improving.

A1X

Don't wanna get carried away. But does anyone else think Wilson + Januzaj can push each other's performance to a higher level like we had with Rooney + Ronaldo in the early years ? Should be extremely healthy competition if they're up for it. :D
Chuck in Lingard as well.

Gerald G

Dream debut for the lad. Made up for him. Hopefully he avoids any injuries so he can develop fully.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I had never heard of him before tonight, but it's fair to say he's undeniably the greatest young talent in world football today.

Eric'sCollar

Its a disgrace that a lot of "supporters" dont keep up to date with the young players at the club
While I agree, it does take some effort to watch and find out about the younger players and not everyone can. I do my best to watch as much as I can but living in Sydney makes it difficult. But yes, I agree that it's disappointing when you see comments from some people who don't know who these players are.

At a club like United, it's about the future.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
His movement in the box was excellent tonight, and he didn't show the slightest sign of nerves. That celebration looked like he feels he was born to play for us :lol:

I can't wait to see more of him in the first team. People have raved about his pace and I'm looking forward to seeing that against teams that don't sit as deep as Hull did.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Wilson has definitely shown us why he's one to look out for in the future. He looked like a proper predator against Premier League opposition, and he certainly didn't let this occasion faze him. Even with Fellaini supporting him, he did fairly well. He got more tired in the second half, but he convinced me that he'll be a great forward in the future if he keeps going at this rate.

His movement, finishing, dribbling, and hold-up play was demonstrated well against Hull. He deserved the brace, and I hope that he gets more involved in the first team, in the future.

Glanville95

Didn't see the match tonight and I've only seen the highlights, but how was his general performance. Haven't seen much of him before, but seems a very instinctive striker and his first was a decent finish and reaction to the ball in a dangerous area. Seems like he might be slightly reminiscent of Hernandez as far as predatory finishing goes. In fact, I'd be inclined to see Hernandez, purely to allow Wilson more first team opportunities. That would be a great sign of faith from van Gaal and Hernandez himself is going to find regular first team football more difficult to come by with the team playing less matches and with van Gaal's system.

Brightonian

He did what he always does: put the ball in the net. It wasn't actually a game that suited him, since his pace his runs behind defenders and his ability to always beat the keeper when put clean through are his biggest assets. As such the best games for him are against opponents that set out to attack us. Whereas Hull produced probably the least ambitious performance I've seen from the away side at Old Trafford all season.

And yet he still got a brace. And that pretty much sums up what we know about him from his academy and reserve career with us. Whatever the situation in the match, if you give him chances he'll take them.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I wish he had come to the ball a bit more, dropped deeper at times to give an extra passing option. But then someone has to stay in the box, he may well have been instructed to stay on the last man.

ricky-romeo

he has been developing nicely from the youth setup and into the u-21s this season and for those who watched him regularly i'm sure aren't surprise with his impact today. not that i have been watching the u-21 a lot but some of his goals for the u-21 are simply breathtaking. and the good thing about wilson is that he is just not about goals. his game is much more than that.

if van gaal came in, maybe, just maybe he can work things with wilson just like he did with tomas muller. i can even sense some similarities in their game. who knows..

Eric'sCollar

Fellaini in the 2nd gif :lol:
You could see him as Januzaj broke free, "I might get a chance here", has a look around "No defenders, it could happen", has another look "Shit! I'm free lets do this" then he accelerates, as the ball comes in "Goal....don't miss it...actually just make sure I hit the target".

He was drained physically and emotionally by the end of it.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Promising signs, but tuck those cocks in gents. He has a long way to go yet.

ManUtd43vr

Richard Cranium

Its a disgrace that a lot of "supporters" dont keep up to date with the young players at the club
I used to but it's not exactly easy without MUFC, which also requires an extortionate Sky subscription. Not only that, but in recent years, I'd have spent many hours and the only players to have come through would have been Cleverley and Welbeck?