5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald G

His finishing really needs to improve. He should have scored tonight and he should have done much better with that one in the first half.

His movement is great but he can't continue to waste golden opportunities.

ZDwyr

Poor finishing but was good otherwise. He scores that chance and people praise him and he is MoTM. He did fade in the 2nd half but the whole team struggled. I like him, hopefully he can improve his finishing.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His finishing really needs to improve. He should have scored tonight and he should have done much better with that one in the first half.

His movement is great but he can't continue to waste golden opportunities.
And the one against Watford that could've cost us. Can't blame him for the header but he should've buried the other one.

dogwithabone

His finishing is crap. He's too snatchy when faced with some really easy finishes. BS dug him out of the sh*t on Saturday and he was very wasteful tonight. This is top level football and you have to take your chances but I'm really doubting his composure.

m1y2

Him starting for United says more about our quality than his, unfortunately.
... neverending shit comments coming, grow up people or just think a little, lets take it from the positive perspective, he ws one of the best players again in hugely undarperforming team, he wasted his chance or two but was the only one creating something, he outplayed rooney, depay and almost everyone else bar blind. Is martial slated for missing the chance as lingard is, ask yourself, let lone hes not striker.. we should have been creating dozen of those chnces dominating the game and he missed his chance and people get on top of him, if he didnt get to tht chance people would proly say he was lively and was good... fecking hell its annoying

Americano

Make America Great Again!
It feels like he's had at least one golden chance fall to him in every match he's played. He's doing something right to get in those positions. We're all frustrated that he hasn't put those balls in the back of the net, but I'm more upset about the team. We create so few chances and have to rely on an untested academy player's finishing to advance in Europe. I think Jesse has the ability, he just needs to find the mental focus to make those scoring opportunities count.

Name Changed

weso26
I'd like him to do well, I'd like him to succeed. However if he is at the club by the start of the 2017 season I'll be amazed.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It feels like he's had at least one golden chance fall to him in every match he's played. He's doing something right to get in those positions. We're all frustrated that he hasn't put those balls in the back of the net, but I'm more upset about the team. We create so few chances and have to rely on an untested academy player's finishing to advance in Europe. I think Jesse has the ability, he just needs to find the mental focus to make those scoring opportunities count.
Difference between playing poorly and losing or winning is a team's ability to convert chances, our conversion rate last season was extremely good, which is one main reason we even made top 4. For example in the away game against Southampton we were piss poor and still won because the two half chances we had fell to one Robin Van Persie. Same with Chelsea at home when they played us off the park and we could still salvage a draw.

The chances Lingard has had are not particularly hard. He's not out there creating chances for himself or for his teammates, barely beats his man with a dribble so when he makes runs off the ball and gets into good positions, his saving grace would be to put them in the back of the net. Otherwise much better players have received far fewer chances at breaking through at United before being sold and he won't be afforded more time either.

khoazany

The chances Lingard has had are not particularly hard. He's not out there creating chances for himself or for his teammates, barely beats his man with a dribble so when he makes runs off the ball and gets into good positions, his saving grace would be to put them in the back of the net. Otherwise much better players have received far fewer chances at breaking through at United before being sold and he won't be afforded more time either.
So how he got into these chances were all lucky?Jesus people just don't appreciate the type of player he is.Wait until he's not on the pitch and we create feck all again then blame for "lack of service".Who were the better player that received far fewer chances?

mav_9me

Russell Beardsmore ..... Chris Eagles ...... Jesse Lingard ...... seen it before
He is far better than Chris Eagles.

He has consistently gotten into scoring positions and usually tested the GK. His key attribute is his intelligence. You can see that in the positions he has gotten himself with good runs. Other than Martial, few others have gotten in like he has, isn't it?

My worry as I said a day ago was that he has to take these chances when he gets them or he might slowly fade out.

Having said that I feel we can trust LVG to develop him. He has after all been getting game time ahead of Memphis and today ahead of Mata.

El Zoido

He's decent but he has to start taking his chances. Top level is cutthroat, you can start as potential but you have to become effective, and fast.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So how he got into these chances were all lucky?Jesus people just don't appreciate the type of player he is.Wait until he's not on the pitch and we create feck all again then blame for "lack of service".Who were the better player that received far fewer chances?
I said in my post that he is making the right runs which is how he's getting on the end of passes but all that would matter none if he can't convert them. Still the point remains that he is severely one dimensional going forward for a winger.

NoPace

He's decent but he has to start taking his chances. Top level is cutthroat, you can start as potential but you have to become effective, and fast.
I said in my post that he is making the right runs which is how he's getting on the end of passes but all that would matter none if he can't convert them. Still the point remains that he is severely one dimensional going forward for a winger.
I think he'll take more of his chances as he is generally a strong finisher, technically solid and composed enough. But like Stoke said, I think he's too one dimensional to be more than a very useful backup winger here.

I think Memphis will do better next season (summer off unlike much of the team, too) and if we sign a star winger, which we obviously have to, (let's call him Bareth Gale) then Gale-Memphis-Lingard-Young-Januzaj looks a solid set of wide options to me with Mata playing centrally as the 10 more (If Rooney goes, as he absolutely must) and Young hopefully getting passed by youngsters improving by the month.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Typical Lingard game for me. Had big discussions yesterday about him but this game was no different. He pops up here and there but doesnt produce much that really counts. Again he bottled two big chances

Red_Beans

I like him, hope he gets more opportunities.
IF his finishing was better, he would be a fantastic player.

Those that watched him for the reserves/age group teams: what was his finishing like previously?

arthurka

Only player out there that gave a shit. . He is so close inches here and there. He is lively full of passion and has a handfull of games under his belt, where were the big boys? Rooney,Schweini, Schneiderlin all those captains and internationals yesterday? Jesse and Martial shouldnt be the once carrying this team. Should have scored yesterday but so what he is not to be blamed for this. LVG and our big players should. Jesse should be starting all games for us, just start him and Young on the wings with Martial on top with Mata in the hole and we'll be fine.

Ole90+3

Only player out there that gave a shit. . He is so close inches here and there. He is lively full of passion and has a handfull of games under his belt, where were the big boys? Rooney,Schweini, Schneiderlin all those captains and internationals yesterday? Jesse and Martial shouldnt be the once carrying this team. Should have scored yesterday but so what he is not to be blamed for this. LVG and our big players should. Jesse should be starting all games for us, just start him and Young on the wings with Martial on top with Mata in the hole and we'll be fine.
Yeah, he's certainly got the attitude of a player you want around the club. He's always looking to do something positive. Get on the ball and run at the defence. It may not always come off, but the fact that he is trying, makes him good enough to start every game in this current state.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Surprised at people calling him one-dimensional. I would consider a player like Valencia one-dimensional as you pretty much know exactly what he is going to try when he gets the ball but Lingard seems to have a fair bit of variation to his game.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Surprised at people calling him one-dimensional. I would consider a player like Valencia one-dimensional as you pretty much know exactly what he is going to try when he gets the ball but Lingard seems to have a fair bit of variation to his game.
Yeah, when he does play well and manages to make thing happen he's usually quite a skilled, dynamic type of player. Not too bad on the ball, capable of some good passes etc. Just got to do that consistently though, of course.

Charlie Foley

Having watched the game late last night (I recorded it), I feel like he was the only player who looked like getting us the goal we needed. And why I quite like seeing him play, I feel like Jesse Lingard right now isn't good enough to be the only player looking like he's going to score. That's probably more of an indictment of the team than him, mind.

Man Utd 0:0 West Ham

m1y2

hes not getting much of the ball but everytime he got it he was threat and our most creative player, martial should have scored... brign pereira on for fellaini and let them interchange positions and watch the concert..

Jev

Yeah, our best player so far. I've been a skeptic but he's been bright today.

m1y2

Started well but faded badly, not his best game after a good run.
well one doesnt come right after hamstring injury to full throttle, I was actually surprised he wasnt subbed off because of that.. he did well overall
cant see what mata adds more than him, I am staying positive about lingard, should start every game..

kundalini

I thought he had a good first half, only Fellaini was better. 2nd half didn't notice him so much, nice pass to Martial in the move that created Fellaini's chance, then a half-chance towards the end that he put a yard wide. If he had scored a couple more goals, I'd be really pleased with his contribution but as it is, I'm not sure. His movement tends to stand out.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'm really starting to quite like Lingard. While he doesn't seem to stand out in any qualities, he is solid in most of the important areas. And more importantly seems to actually be an intelligent footballer, who makes the right runs and gets in the right places, which makes him a nice pain to the opposition. Would like him to start relaxing when he gets chances though. It feels like he is snatching at them a bit in his eagerness to impress and keep himself in the team. He really just needs to calm down, and lets his abilities take care of the shoot, because from memory of the various preseasons he has been on, his finishing has always been decent before this season.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Someone needs to give him a bollocking on his finishes. No point playing well when you're missing good chances.

Same goes for the rest to be fair but then again, he has been missing chances before this game.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Crazy thought but with our recent goal scoring record, idiots shouting attack and booing probably doesn't instill the most confidence and composure in a young player in his first year at this level.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He'll be alright, just like the rest of the team right now he's snatching at chances. He was a very solid finisher in the reserves and I remember he scored 4 playing up front for Birmingham a few years back.

dcullivanio

Well, he has taken one of these chances, and looks likely to take more. It's not as if he's aimlessly pissing opportunities away - he's hit the bar four times in as many games. He's unlucky not to have scored more goals already. Most importantly, he looks more likely to score goals at the moment than most of our other attacking players.

If you want us to just buy Robben, Reus and Ronaldo, you might be supporting the wrong club. Of course everyone wants us to be up there with the top European teams, but personally I'd like to do it like a football club not a teenager playing football manager.
Well said my man!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Our second best attacker but he needs to be a little less Hollywood IMO. He tries to be a bit too extravagant sometimes and he's not really gifted enough to pull it off.

Classical Mechanic

He could have a had us top of the league. He needs to work on finishing big time. Even though he is weak he has enough pace and guile to get by. Just find some scoring boots Jesse.

Status
Not open for further replies.