5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike09

Huh? You're completely missing the point here. I didn't say having pace and power makes a 'proper footballer'. My point is that you've amassed a set of attributes that you associate with Lingard and used those attributes to describe a 'proper footballer'. That's merely your definition and someone else's definition might mean something completely different.
Yeah whatever. It's not like that's the point of your moaning from the beginning. The point now is you can finally agree that people definition might mean something completely different and that's including my definition and Rio's tweet.

Robbie Boy

Yeah whatever. It's not like that's the point of your moaning from the beginning. The point now is you can finally agree that people definition might mean something completely different and that's including my definition and Rio's tweet.
Erm ok. Still though, the phrase is null and void and wouldn't hold up in any argument.

Man Utd 1:0 Everton

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I'm warming to him, thought he was useless a few months ago. He's intelligent and tidy and he works hard, doesn't break down attacking moves and can pop up with a goal or assist. He doesn't have a very high ceiling, but you can't ask for much more from a squad player. I hope he don't sell him as I love having academy lads in the squad, helps the mentality.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's done well, and I like him, but I can't help but wonder how good we can be if we had someone like Willian in there for example. A hard worker who is also a quality player.

drdoityourself

He's a possession recycler, playing in our number 10 position. No imagination so obviously we are boring offensively. But he works hard and closes down and some people seem to get enjoyment from watching that. He's become one of the first names on the team sheet, and that worries me.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's a possession recycler, playing in our number 10 position. No imagination so obviously we are boring offensively. But he works hard and closes down and some people seem to get enjoyment from watching that. He's become one of the first names on the team sheet, and that worries me.
Feck me, what do you think of Mata then?

At least Lingards positive when he has the ball.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
because we turn into Barcelona when he isnt playing in number 10 or just when he isnt playing....

m1y2

I think he was quite impressive in the first half, linking up everything in speed, found spaces, created chances and close them down really well, best player on the pitch with Carrick, shame Mata offers next to nothing on the right and fullbacks have very little space to attack neither they have the ability, Rojo was really poor and Rashford could have done better with some of the chances.. it's a tense game but we need to do more

drdoityourself

Feck me, what do you think of Mata then?

At least Lingards positive when he has the ball.
The same, I've absolutely given up on Mata. The front four have to be positive, creative and quick. Consistantly 2 players out of our front four are timid and we suffer because of it.

m1y2

what are you on? Did you see the game? he had a great half and created two chances, needs a bit of quality from other positions..

drdoityourself

because we turn into Barcelona when he isnt playing in number 10 or just when he isnt playing....
Can't remember really, because he plays every game, every minute now. Wish we'd see someone with potential to unlock a defense, someone like Januzaj or Pereira.

drdoityourself

what are you on? Did you see the game? he had a great half and created two chances, needs a bit of quality from other positions..
Yes it's the same excuse with Rooney, just needs a bit of quality from other players...

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think it's more of a case of what are you actually smoking?

m1y2

Yes it's the same excuse with Rooney, just needs a bit of quality from other players...
its completely different situation, Lingard offers something, doesnt feck every second attempt to attack, clearly one of the best players in the first half and he's criticised :-D

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Class performance today. My MotM. Love his give a feck attitude too like with the yellow card :D

JoaquinJoaquin

I have arguably been his biggest critic on the forum this season but he has been excellent the last 3 games I feel. Playing centrally seems to suit him and his attributes much better then playing out wide. Next season I want a higher quality player in his position, but he has certainly staked a claim for a squad player berth in the last month. Long may it continue.

Raw

Been a big critic of him recently but he did very well today! Seems a lot better playing centrally.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
few of us were mentioning that he is playing out of position on the right(played good there IMO) and now when he is playing in his best position(LW or AM) he is shining and is one of the better players in the team. Joy to watch, pass and move at his finest.

drdoityourself

If you call that performance class you really can't complain about van Gaal. Closing down, minimal risk and very few chances created. The embodiment of a LvG player.
I missed the first 20 minutes, I'm shocked that he's getting rave reviews here. He must have split the atom in that opening 20 mins.

m1y2

one of his best games of the season, I actually cant remember him giving the ball away on a single occasion, maybe just once when he overrun the ball after a nice surging run from our half. Think he didnt play easy balls like someone suggested here. He kept it simple when it was needed and took a risk at the right time as well.. very clever player and unlucky not to score as well, we look much more solid with him in the side, he closes the gap between midfield and attack really well both offensively and defensively..

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
If you call that performance class you really can't complain about van Gaal. Closing down, minimal risk and very few chances created. The embodiment of a LvG player.
I missed the first 20 minutes, I'm shocked that he's getting rave reviews here. He must have split the atom in that opening 20 mins.
I'm with you on this. I don't see it either. Perfectly embodies LVG.

jem

The thing with Lingard is he plays the way you like to see football played: fast-paced, positive, hard-working, etc. (compare that with the way Cleverly used to play for us.) The problem is that his execution just isn't quite up to standard. I'm more than happy to see him as a squad player though.

Devil may care

He worked hard again and had some decent touches in the final 3rd in the first half, For me he doesn't have enough quality to be a starter in that role regularly but for now he's our best option.

m1y2

you being the only one who criticise him here, might just be something in it

mu4c_20le

Works hard which is good but he lacks quality and we need better in the most creative position on the pitch.
If he had that quality you are talking about he'd be an elite player. I used to think the same but now i've come to appreciate his work rate, his determination, it doesn't always come off for him but he's always trying to make something happen. And defensively he always puts in a shift.

Classical Mechanic

If he had that quality you are talking about he'd be an elite player. I used to think the same but now i've come to appreciate his work rate, his determination, it doesn't always come off for him but he's always trying to make something happen. And defensively he always puts in a shift.
I do appreciate him and his work ethic means that he has grown on me. Someone compared him to Park which I think is apt. Park was a great player for us but you wouldn't want him in the most creative position on the pitch.

marlowe78

I didn't really think he was that great today. He certainly did a job anchoring the wide-outs but I don't think he has the craft to play centrally. IMO he is better suited as a winger who uses his quickness to exploit space left him. I do like him, I think we should hold onto him as a squad player.

kundalini

I think Lingard has done enough to merit competing for a place in the team next season, so long as we can get rid of the slower players that are killing our creativity (Mata, Rooney, Fellaini). Not at all convinced that Lingard should own a place in the team ahead of Januzaj or Pereira.

Lingard has done ok but it's not that difficult to imagine one of the other youngsters contributing more, even if their work-rate isn't as good.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Think it's more of a case of what are you actually smoking?
:lol:

Feck, I really need to go rewatch this match. I thought he was "ok". Did very little of note. Other than Martial, they all struggled to create much, if anything.

But clearly I missed quite a bit because he seems to be getting rave reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.