La Liga - 2015/2016

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ronaldo has been very poor in every big game this season I've watched.

Also, James seems to have lost some form as well.

Was Carvajal injured today? Surprised he's not playing at RB. Think he's much better than Danilo.
We should be all over this

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Who is managing Villarreal?
Marcelino. He got the promotion to first division a couple of times, the second with Zaragoza. In those years was considered a very promising manager, for his style and methods. He was also in Racing before going to Sevilla where he wasn´t so lucky. He has an strong character and had several problems with players along his career. In my opinion among his virtues are the work with academy and young players and uses to defend the passing football

Last edited:

Eila

Who is managing Villarreal?
Marcelino García. Took them over in the second division, got them promoted and then to Europa League in the next season, which he managed to repeat last season. Likes playing 4-4-2.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What Simeone is doing at Atletico is absolutely immense, he's not getting enough credit.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Look for another RB, I want my profile name staying "merengue" :)
Why do you think he's been benched? Seems an odd one even for Madrid/Perez. Born in Madrid, came through the youth team, developed well in his return to the senior team and locked down that place at RB. It's not even like RB is a flashy position to improve or Danilo is a big star to add to the lineup - it didn't make sense from a commercial or a footballing perspective. Maybe they needed a big money Brazilian?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Why do you think he's been benched? Seems an odd one even for Madrid/Perez. Born in Madrid, came through the youth team, developed well in his return to the senior team and locked down that place at RB. It's not even like RB is a flashy position to improve or Danilo is a big star to add to the lineup - it didn't make sense from a commercial or a footballing perspective. Maybe they needed a big money Brazilian?
Agree that he should be first choice, and that the Danilo signing made little sense, but worth pointing out that Carvajal has had a few injuries this season. Injured at the minute too, so not strictly benched.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I've just realised that's the first time I've seen Musacchio play this season.

For people who don't remember the incident, he broke his leg and dislocated his ankle, a horrible looking injury with blood as well as some really oddly angle limbs in the photos that followed. It was a similar but uglier looking injury than the one Luke Shaw sustained. In fact it looked like the kind of injury where you hope the player is still walking normally after. He was injured April 11th, and restarted normal training at the end of September. 8 months total from injury to starting.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I do not think that is playing for commercial reasons . If they want a Brazilian to generate money they should go for Neymar ( or his father ) . I think it's a mixture of the desire of the board to justify the money spent and Benitez believing that he is more solid defensively + Carvajal with a couple of long injuries. Madrid needed a player for that position and he was the best available. I don´t want to judge him until I see him with another manager , to check if he can actually shine. Maybe he is in that thing called "adaptation process" :rolleyes:

bucky

I've just realised that's the first time I've seen Musacchio play this season.

For people who don't remember the incident, he broke his leg and dislocated his ankle, a horrible looking injury with blood as well as some really oddly angle limbs in the photos that followed. It was a similar but uglier looking injury than the one Luke Shaw sustained. In fact it looked like the kind of injury where you hope the player is still walking normally after. He was injured April 11th, and restarted normal training at the end of September. 8 months total from injury to starting.
Did well tonight, didn't he?

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
What do these guys eat? Back in business in 8 months after such a big injury. A nomal human would need a lot more for sure.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Happy for Jonathan Dos Santos. Stellar performance from him. Talented midfielder who got unlucky with injuries and little playing time with Barca.
Happy for him but happier that he was finally moved from the club - refused loans and sat on the bench for a few seasons collecting a paycheck

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It made and still makes no sense at all.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Delighted for Atletico. To be level of points with Barcelona and FIVE ahead of Madrid is a fastastic feat already. Simeone's great work there continues. Hope they challenge all the way.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Sergio,Espanyol coach has been sacked.Probably his substitute will be Galca, who played in several clubs in la liga.He was Steaua coach last year

Match 16: 19/20 Dec - ready for La Liga's Christmas holiday

Skorenzy

Cracking game at the Mestalla... 2-2 at HT between Valencia and Getafe. All of them marvellous goals, especially both of Valencia's.

prarek

Entertaining game but ultimately disappointing result. Valencia should be beating these teams at home. Gaya's injury was low point, Cancelo and Alcacer had a great game. Second half was all Valencia but Getafe had two excellent chances to win the game on counterattacks. Criminal miss from Lafita. Offensively the team is looking better now but conceding more goals. Gary continues to play 4-3-3. Tough fixtures ahead Villareal away and Real Madrid at home.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Bébé and Manucho benched :mad: No point watching Real vs Rayo then

Edit: It´s over already 1-0 Danilo

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Ups guess i jinxed it 2-1 for Rayo :lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Wonder how long Mourinho will stay unemployed

Skorenzy

Rayo never waste time self-imploding... 2-1 up and a man down after 15 minutes at the Bernabéu :lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nooooo stupid Tito. Why do that with your team 2-1 in front :(

Someone

Something
Bloody hell, if real lose there won't be any decent managers for us to sign by the end of the year.