6.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Mourinho loaned out Lukaku after he had scored 17 goals in 35 games in the Premiership when had just turned 20 and sold De Bruyne to Wolfsburg.

Both of those players, at least at this point in Rashford's career, have probably made more impact than Rashford has at the point they were sold and loaned out and in De Bruyne's case were equally as versatile.

The one thing Rashford has is that he is a home grown prospect from the academy.

I'd be interested in Duffer's point of view on those transfers and loans. Would he have preferred Lukaku and De Bruyne to have remained as part of the squad long-term or was it worth it to ultimately sell both of them for the title win in 14/15.
Lukaku wanted to go for game time.

De Bruyne similar.

Trizy

Shows you how underrated young footballers are in English football. Its made out like the prem is some ridiculously high level of football thats borderline impossible to get thrown in and adjust immediately yet here we have a bunch of young players from the academy who are doing better than their more experienced counterparts. Im of the opinion that many potential prem careers have gone down the drain cause of managers without a clue.
Good post but I'm sure if you're destine to be a top professional nothing will get in your way, not even bad coaching. It may have affected poorer mentally players who could've made a career playing bottom/midtable.

Ole'sbodyguard

De Bruyne similar.
Rashford is also going to want game time next season after breaking into the first team so is in the same situation as both of them albeit he is younger.

LouisDanGaal

Van Gaal is gone at the end of the season and any decent manager won't take shit from Rooney so Rashford will play, between the U21s, COC, Europa and the PL he sill get enough games.
Hopefully he is. Don't forget not too long ago mourinho wanted to sign rooney for Chelsea. I really don't feel he will get enough games at any premier league team towards the top, can you imagine city for instance sticking with him, I know its what makes us unique but that was easier when we were successful, he should go somewhere guaranteeing him minutes.

RooneyLegend

Good post but I'm sure if you're destine to be a top professional nothing will get in your way, not even bad coaching. It may have affected poorer mentally players who could've made a career playing bottom/midtable.
Disagree, some really big talents have fallen by the wayside due to bad coaching.

Sweet Square

De Bruyne similar.
From what I remember at the time and just after De Bruyne was a massive pain in the arse at Chelsea and to Mourinho's credit he tried very hard to keep him. But then the Lukaku example just shows how shite Mourinho is with youngster.
And that's my biggest worry(Well actually one of many) with Mourinho getting the job. It's not just that he won't play the youngsters we have now although there's every chance that could happen, it's that future players won't get the same chances as the likes of Rashford and others have had so far under Van Gaal.

Bwuk

You cannot compare the situation of Lukaku and De Bruyne with Rashford.

Lukaku and De Bruyne came for a relatively large transfer fee for a young player, and would of been expected to be a regular part of the team.

Lukaku cost 20m, De Bruyne 7m. Rashford broke through from the academy before even he would of expected, he wasn't even a regular for he u21s I believe?

Completely different scenarios.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One of the many reasons I want Pochettino instead of Mourinho.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
You cannot compare the situation of Lukaku and De Bruyne with Rashford.

Lukaku and De Bruyne came for a relatively large transfer fee for a young player, and would of been expected to be a regular part of the team.

Lukaku cost 20m, De Bruyne 7m. Rashford broke through from the academy before even he would of expected, he wasn't even a regular for he u21s I believe?

Completely different scenarios.
This.
kDB am not too sure but Lukaku was already a first team player before his move to Chelsea.
As much as I don't want Jose I don't buy into him not giving kids a chance. He gives them a chance if and if they deliver to his standards he'll keep using them. In a results based industry it's all about standard, it's always been the responsibility of young players to progress to a point they can't be ignored.
Not directing this to the Lukakus or KDBs, you don't demand your way into games but work for it through patience and progression. We all seem to forget that the moment the manager starts including you in first team training you are in his plans, it's your responsibility as a youngster to prove in training you are ready for added responsibilities. If you can't prove in training you are better than than your established first team competition, common sense says you are unlikelier to outperform the on match day.

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
You are right. "In the pocket" generally refers to a defender, keeping an striker at bay. In this case, a defender was constantly harried by a striker, so much, that he almost went to blows with him. (Penalty call). So, the phrase has been used to describe the frustration of the defender.

:lol:

thepolice123

You are right. "In the pocket" generally refers to a defender, keeping an striker at bay. In this case, a defender was constantly harried by a striker, so much, that he almost went to blows with him. (Penalty call). So, the phrase has been used to describe the frustration of the defender.

Wtf?:lol::houllier:

van Persie

Was Rashford considered one of the next big things coming out the academy, or has he just seized the opportunity he's been given?
Definitely, there's been hype surrounding this kid for years.

arthurka

The english press needs to get a new target they can work on for the next 15 years..

Bwuk

Really can't believe I'm typing this - but I would like the club to have him watch Vardy and try to emulate his movement. If he could learn to press as well as Vardy does he'd be a hell of a player alone based off of his speed.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
An 18 year old teenager... As opposed to those 18 year old forty somethings.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Might be a controversial opinion but I don't think he's that talented. He's like Josh King with a good instinct for goals. That's valuable but he's quite poor in a lot of areas.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's still only 18, though. Plenty of time for him to develop in those areas.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His perfectly measured and in tempo backheel pass in setup for Martal's goal was quite awesome.

Bit of Totti-esque stuff right there.

Drainy

Might be a controversial opinion but I don't think he's that talented. He's like Josh King with a good instinct for goals. That's valuable but he's quite poor in a lot of areas.
Disagree, he's finding his feet at this level obviously, but he's far more technically gifted than Josh King was

Red Stone

Very pleased with what he's been able to do so far. He's only 18 and has had a trial by fire in terms of learning PL football without disappointing. I think he'll make it here. He looks like the real deal.

kundalini

I thought he played well but I'd like to see him stay central most of the time as too often we only had Lingard trying to get on the end of decent crosses. Good link up both with Martial and with TFM for our goal.

Devil may care

I thought his all round play today was good, he links well and runs the channels, the fact him and Martial are expected to do a lot of the creating and scoring themselves is an issue, but no complaints about his progression in the first team from me.

cyberman

Schmeichael is obsessed about dropping him. Yeah lets play Depay through there ffs.
Its only CL that's at risk. When City sign Pogba etc because they have CL football at least we gave Rashford a rest...

Status
Not open for further replies.