Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Glad he got a goal but we just cannot afford to have him screw up golden chances every game. Two I counted today. He needs to be coached into the wide right position if he is to succeed here.
Two?

He only had two shots in the game... And one of them went in?

Valencia Shin Crosses

Just because I'm criticizing a player doesn't mean I didn't enjoy that winner, but one moment doesn't undo all the bad things he did earlier. It seems to be the norm at this place, he's been stinking the place out this season yet everyone is busy ripping into Mourinho instead of blaming some shortcomings on Rashford.

He HAS to improve, he's constantly behind the play when he starts. Instead of using his pace he decides to hold onto ball, when he is in the box he doesn't have the composure to finish. Also fecks up numerous counters with his decision making. This is a player who this place compares to Mbappe, of course there is going to be criticism when he's performing like Welbeck (well he seems to be actually scoring this season for a change)
Not sure why everyone is disagreeing with you. He most definitely meant to head it in and mistimed the jump. The thing is if all we want him to be is a nice pacey sub to come on and score a goal here or there then that’s fine and there’s not much room for criticism. But you, I, and pretty much everyone here expects more from him for being a senior player for 3 years if he’s someone we want to build around for the future. But Rashford being home grown and the darling of the club, he’s gonna get more room for error than others.

I just want to see some improvement from the player he was at 18. Whether it’s decision making, finishing, technique, I don’t care. Just show me you’ve gotten better at some point (granted José hasn’t helped).

Two?

He only had two shots in the game... And one of them went in?
On one occasion he was through just about one v one but instead of taking it away from the chasing defender and cementing the chance he had a poor touch and moved the ball within reach of the defender who duly tackled him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Just because I'm criticizing a player doesn't mean I didn't enjoy that winner, but one moment doesn't undo all the bad things he did earlier. It seems to be the norm at this place, he's been stinking the place out this season yet everyone is busy ripping into Mourinho instead of blaming some shortcomings on Rashford.

He HAS to improve, he's constantly behind the play when he starts. Instead of using his pace he decides to hold onto ball, when he is in the box he doesn't have the composure to finish. Also fecks up numerous counters with his decision making. This is a player who this place compares to Mbappe, of course there is going to be criticism when he's performing like Welbeck (well he seems to be actually scoring this season for a change)
Spot on. We all want the same here. Rashford as world class player. But why to be blind on some things. Rashford has problem with finishing and decision making. Even his winner was clumsy. He must be better and work on his flaws. He is not good (currently) for first 11 spot.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Only the likes of Rashford, Lingard, etc. can be criticised after they have scored injury time winner coming on as a sub. :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
On one occasion he was through just about one v one but instead of taking it away from the chasing defender and cementing the chance he had a poor touch and moved the ball within reach of the defender who duly tackled him.
I think the same. With his pace he should be 1 on 1 with gk in that situation

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Only the likes of Rashford, Lingard, etc. can be criticised after they have scored injury time winner coming on as a sub. :lol:
It's properly mental

To be fair though, he didn't do a scissor volley it into the top corner... The idiot.

starman

The amount of hate he gets you would think hes a hyped up 21 year old Liverpool striker

No mention of Pogba's follow up miss?

Last edited:

Irrational.

Delighted for him getting the winner, and all the more ammunition for keeping Lukaku out of the side. Hope he'll take confidence from this and improve his finishing, he has a lot to work on - but if he gets it right he'll be an absolute gem. Rashford and Martial are the future of this club.

Handré1990

Very happy for him! Important goal, for the team and for him. Hope he can play with some joy again, and be a little more cool/relaxed. He is a much better player than he’s showed for us so far this season. Would be mental to write him off now. Didn’t he just turn 21?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It's properly mental

To be fair though, he didn't do a scissor volley it into the top corner... The idiot.
Come on man. You are harsh here. Rashford is not playing well lately and he had some really poor decisions and misses. You can't be pissed on people who point at that. We all want from him to be our star for which he has talent. There is no player who has much support on Caf like he has. Nobody is saying that he is trash and needs to be sold

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Does it matter, though? He scored the winner. Just be happy.
I don't know, dude. Look at Lukaku, for example. Scored 27 goals last season but I reckon his thread was filled with far more criticism than plaudits. Want more recent examples? Look at the way people have been ripping into him this season. Granted he's been shite for the past month or two, but I don't see how it's just to criticise one bad performer and excuse another. The same standards should apply throughout. It was the same with Jesse, last season.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Come on man. You are harsh here. Rashford is not playing well lately and he had some really poor decisions and misses. You can't be pissed on people who point at that. We all want from him to be our star for which he has talent. There is no player who has much support on Caf like he has. Nobody is saying that he is trash and needs to be sold
They were in the match day thread, but I digress.

Criticise him for the miss sure, but he deserves praise for the goal... Yet people are banging about mistiming his jump or not hitting it first time or some other nonsense...It's just ridiculous criticism for the sake of criticism.

Did any of his people mention his nice touch for Pogba in the build up? Nope..

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Spot on. We all want the same here. Rashford as world class player. But why to be blind on some things. Rashford has problem with finishing and decision making. Even his winner was clumsy. He must be better and work on his flaws. He is not good (currently) for first 11 spot.
yeh. He has his flaw, and if we want to get back to the very top, we need a better striker. But we don't have that top striker, and Rashford is the best of the bunch we have (imho). And there's no available top striker out there also that i feel could be a big upgrade to Rashford.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
They were in the match day thread, but I digress.

Criticise him for the miss sure, but he deserves praise for the goal... Yet people are banging about mistiming his jump or not hitting it first time or some other nonsense...It's just ridiculous criticism for the sake of criticism.

Did any of his people mention his nice touch for Pogba in the build up? Nope..
Off topic, now i realise that every player has "his people". Nice phrase.
Except Dave. He is only player here who has 100 % support.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Really good composure on the goal. Going to say something a bit weird maybe. He has an odd aura around him these days, and it doesn't fill me with confidence. It is like he waits for good moments to happen to him on the pitch, to confirm his status/class/level. He needs to learn from his mistakes and not ignore them, and he needs to get motivated by getting things right, not ignore them as if he expect it to just work every time. Needs to improve but happy he got the goal.

Web of Bissaka

After Rashford came on, Bournemouth defense line pull back deeper and deeper.
We have more spaces as a result at the hole which Herrera exploited and almost score twice. That space is too congested with Bournmouth bodies first half.

:devil:Fergie Time.

haram

After Rashford came on, Bournemouth defense line pull back deeper and deeper.
We have more spaces as a result at the hole which Herrera exploited and almost score twice. That space is too congested with Bournmouth bodies first half.

:devil:Fergie Time.
Lingard exploited that space well last year.

Ashley R1+O

Almost fecked that winner too, mistimes the jump. Doesn't put his foot through after it drops for him, thank feck for Adam Smith's shitty clearance.

Also this is the chance he missed earlier, like what the feck?

:wenger: "OMG HOW SHIT IS HE GUYZZZ" Give your head an absolute fecking wobble. Embarrasing.

Chuffed to bits for him to get a goal, you've seen what it has done for Martial's confidence and it absolutely showed in his passion in getting the game winner. Chuffed and absolutely LOVE IT.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He absolutely deserves the criticism, he has been pretty bad. A winning goal doesn't erase everything, but it at least takes away some of the pressure. If it's a catalyst for him to grow more confident and perform better then great, but to try to act like there's no gripe to have about his game whether it's his finishing, decision-making, or lack of awareness is ridiculous. He has a lot of work to do to live up to the hype he gets around here, but I respect people feeling protective of a home-grown player and I hope he does realize his potential; I just don't think it will be as a striker.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
He absolutely deserves the criticism, he has been pretty bad. A winning goal doesn't erase everything, but it at least takes away some of the pressure. If it's a catalyst for him to grow more confident and perform better then great, but to try to act like there's no gripe to have about his game whether it's his finishing, decision-making, or lack of awareness is ridiculous. He has a lot of work to do to live up to the hype he gets around here, but I respect people feeling protective of a home-grown player and I hope he does realize his potential; I just don't think it will be as a striker.
It's ok to criticise a player... But I don't think it's ok to criticise a player for the way he scored a vital goal.

If you're going to criticise a player when he's bad, you should be prepared to commend him when he does something good too

Zlatattack

Haters gonna hate. Kid scored a last minute goal but was "lucky". I reckon some of our fans would like the FA to rule it out for being "flukey".

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's ok to criticise a player... But I don't think it's ok to criticise a player for the way he scored a vital goal.

If you're going to criticise a player when he's bad, you should be prepared to commend him when he does something good too
I give him props not just for this game but other games where he tends to often show up at the right place when the ball is in a dangerous area for the opponent. I think that’s an important skill on its own. Now the problem is his finishing is really bad so far and I don’t see him getting tons of opportunities up front with Lukaku and possibly now Sanchez competing for that spot to improve that in the near future. As I said in the Martial thread, I think his development is taking a hit by being between a winger or a striker for United. Most want him to be a striker but I think he’s better off developing as a right winger because he’ll get much more playing time and I’m not sure he has what it takes to be a world class striker (but obviously the jury is still out on that, he is very young).

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I love the idea of him more than I love the reality, if that makes any sense? I love that he’s a local academy talent with a mercurial rise and a genuine chance of forging a great career, but I’m also not entirely convinced his ceiling is nearly as high as some think it is, or that he’s really good enough to command the kind of playing time the media (and some of our fans) seem to insist he is... if he was a Rooney/Owen level wunderkind with a consistent output to match, sure, but I’m confused as to why anyone thinks a club of our size and profile should be obliged to play him into form as a starting striker...

My biggest disappointment with him as a wide player is that he’s failed to capitalise on just how good of a crosser he can be.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I love the idea of him more than I love the reality, if that makes any sense? I love that he’s a local academy talent with a mercurial rise and a genuine chance of forging a great career, but I’m also not entirely convinced his ceiling is nearly as high as some think it is, or that he’s really good enough to command the kind of playing time the media (and some of our fans) seem to insist he is... if he was a Rooney/Owen level wunderkind with a consistent output to match, sure, but I’m confused as to why anyone thinks a club of our size and profile should be obliged to play him into form as a starting striker...

My biggest disappointment with him as a wide player is that he’s failed to capitalise on just how good of a crosser he can be.
Who should be our striker then, Mock? None truly world class striker is available out there in the class of Rooney/Owen. I'm not saying that we should stick with Rashford. I think we should spend the money on other positions where obvious (world class) players available, instead of wasting money with a little upgrade on striker.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Who should be our striker then, Mock? None truly world class striker is available out there in the class of Rooney/Owen. I'm not saying that we should stick with Rashford. I think we should spend the money on other positions where obvious (world class) players available, instead of wasting money with a little upgrade on striker.
Right now? Sanchez or Martial, in all honestly. Both are more accomplished and matured as finishers than Rash at present. Which isn’t to say Rash can’t one day fill that role, but thinking it’s our obligation to indulge him until he’s ready seems like a massive step down in expectations of us as a club. Paul Scholes wasn’t played into form. And he was similarly passed around forward positions in his early years. Rooney and Ronaldo too, and both had way more talent. If he can’t progress at all playing more minutes than anyone else of his age in a slightly more right of centre role than he’d ideally prefer, then he frankly isn’t good enough to be indulged as a first teamer at Manchester United.

Web of Bissaka

Cool expression, yeah I get you, fair concerns shared by many other fans. You're not alone.

I wouldn't rate him as high as that wonderkid Rooney/Owen level though. Both of them peaked early and Rooney is managed better by SAF imo so he lasts that much more. I don't see Rashford being in similar level, but rather a different level, a different spectrum in other words -- more lasting and more wider so to speak. I don't think Rash's best game is as striking and goal scoring, but more overall on attacking, if that make sense.

Also, not sure what you meant by the club is obliged to play him as striker.
Isn't it more to do with the consequences of our other striker options becoming a problem? and with that Rashford given and grab-took his chances.
  • Debut - Rooney and who else? are misfiring. Rashford brought in and he grab the chance alright.
  • 1st full season - Zlatan mainly, and when he's misfiring and injured, Rashford came on and took his chances.
  • 2nd - not so much, Lukaku is in good scoring form, a chance at the end when Rom is not fit.
  • 3rd - opportunity presented himself again. Lukaku is misfiring and injured, Sanchez not convincing enough, and Rashford is taking his chances well.

IAmAWinner

Really happy for the kid, should be a big confidence boost for him, to score a last-minute winner. Should start against Juventus.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Right now? Sanchez or Martial, in all honestly. Both are more accomplished and matured as finishers than Rash at present. Which isn’t to say Rash can’t one day fill that role, but thinking it’s our obligation to indulge him until he’s ready seems like a massive step down in expectations of us as a club. Paul Scholes wasn’t played into form. And he was similarly passed around forward positions in his early years. Rooney and Ronaldo too, and both had way more talent. If he can’t progress at all playing more minutes than anyone else of his age in a slightly more right of centre role than he’d ideally prefer, then he frankly isn’t good enough to be indulged as a first teamer at Manchester United.
I'm not sure Martial enjoys being a center forward. I see him as a second striker type who like to lurk around finding space behind another player.

I can see it in Sanchez, and I think that also the best scenario of him as our main CF with Rashford as second choice. And yeh, the team is not Rashford FC but more like we're embracing a young player who took his chances.

An Irish Red

And yeh, the team is not Rashford FC but more like we're embracing a young player who took his chances.
He got the winner the other day but he certainly hasn't been taking his chances.

I don't think he's had an all-round good performance this season. The other day was about his best performance and I still think he was poor (goal aside) and outperformed by Sanchez and Martial.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He got the winner the other day but he certainly hasn't been taking his chances.

I don't think he's had an all-round good performance this season. The other day was about his best performance and I still think he was poor (goal aside) and outperformed by Sanchez and Martial.
Overall it was a good performance to build up for as a center forward. Martial and Rashford played in different positions. Pogba outperformed Martial. They still can co-exist.

el3mel

TBF if he hadn't scored that winner I would have slaughtered him to almost no end but he redeemed himself with that winner so no problem, just improve your finishing lad. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.