Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

He managed 7 goals in 35 league games last season and has 7 so far in 19 this season. He looks a far better, more confident player since Ole arrived. And some said it wasn't that utter prick of an ex-manager holding him back :lol:

Rockets Redglare

No it isn't about Mourinho, he was never a mid table or championship talent or he should've never been compared to Welbeck. He was always better than these stupid post. I'm glad that these posts are getting called out.

Most of the United fans thought that he was overrated too.

Edit: Just saw that you said he's "stealing a living at United", don't justify your stupid comments by blaming it all on Mourinho. He was never that bad.

Other club fan give their academy graduates a longer rope than foreign players, our fans are the exact opposite in calling them overrated and midtable quality at the first avaliable opportunity.
You can’t say that for a huge percentage of the matches under Mourinho he didn’t look like a complete headless chicken and an incredibly greedy one at that.
That isn’t blaming it on Mourinho, that’s stating fact and could be said about almost all of our squad under him.

At times he really was that bad, and I couldn’t care less if he’s an academy graduate or not, if you aren’t playing well enough you shouldn’t be playing almost week in week out.

youngrell

Good to see him finishing with composure, hoping that is direct involvement from Ole. One of the few criticisms you could throw at Rashford in the past was his rashness in front of goal, often going for power over precision.

Looks as rejuvenated as Pogba under the new boss.

Cockney Phil

Under Ole Marcus has become lethal. We’re now looking at a prospective modern Ruud or a Van P! His goal against Spurs was similar in moves to that of Van P against Villa. A pass from the half way line, and a great shot to finish. If Ole is using Fergie’s old playbook Marcus can only get better.

Based Adnan

Gotta say I was close to writing him off. Thought he lacked game intelligence and finishing wise was shocking. Happy to eat humble pie and be proven wrong though. Long may it continue.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Saw a great of interview of his a while back where he mentioned how he favours instinctive finishes over those where he has ample time. Something has quite obviously changed recently as we're seeing another side to Rashford which, in all honesty, I didn't think was there. Maybe it's Ole, maybe it's something else, but he looks more relaxed (and this was before Jose was sacked) and his finishing as been brilliant. The goals against Newcastle and yesterday were something you wouldn't expect from him especially given his tendencies to quite simply smash the ball. If he continues on this trajectory, you can see why many compare him to Mbappe. Marcus is a tremendous player in the making.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Saw a great of interview of his a while back where he mentioned how he favours instinctive finishes over those where he has ample time. Something has quite obviously changed recently as we're seeing another side to Rashford which, in all honesty, I didn't think was there. Maybe it's Ole, maybe it's something else, but he looks more relaxed (and this was before Jose was sacked) and his finishing as been brilliant. The goals against Newcastle and yesterday were something you wouldn't expect from him especially given his tendencies to quite simply smash the ball. If he continues on this trajectory, you can see why many compare him to Mbappe. Marcus is a tremendous player in the making.
Henry also said same thing, that it was easier to finish when he didnt have time. When he had more time, he just had so many thoughts in the head.

Sylar

Hes young but I still reckon weve wasted some of his time by not playing him up top more so than hes done. For me, his best performances come close to the box or up top. Even in his debut season, he started off up top then was moved around to get Rooney up top again.

I do think we are playing to his strengths and it helps that we have somebody like Pogba to take advantage of his pace, willingness to run in behind. But some of his hold up stuff was good too.

So much room to improve as well which is a great sign for us. But it now helps we are playing attacking football so you expect a bit of pressure comes off him (in recent regimes, it would be 1 chance and he had to score, now he may get 3 chances and really just needs to score 1 and its all good)

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think this kinda settles his position, doesn't it? He's just more effective at #9 than left-wing.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Gotta say I was close to writing him off. Thought he lacked game intelligence and finishing wise was shocking. Happy to eat humble pie and be proven wrong though. Long may it continue.
Not sure you have to eat humble pie. He seemed to have regressed after his first season and he didnt get the basics right. He seemed like a headless (or brainless) chicken too often. I assume that Ole helped him out a lot and it shows!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Those calling him “Rashford” a few months back should be ashamed of themselves. He’s a kid finding his feet in the footballing world.

He’s going to flourish under a manager like Ole.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Maybe, but in Lukakus case its pretty clear hes to heavy as well. If you see the likes of Ronaldo or even Rashford they have loads of muscle, but a much leaner frame which allows them to pack it on without adding to much weight
I dont know about rashford. I'll use the example of Messi and Aguero. Both have "bulked up" throught their careers to gain strength in lower portion of their body. You dont have to bulk up like a bodybuilder.

AR87

It's his decision making, it always has been. It's gotten better recently but still lots to be done. When he's out of form it makes him look poor because he doesn't have that superb close control and he has to resort to kick and run football. In tight games that's not going to work for him.
And as we all know it's the tight games where he's really struggled to make the difference........

And as we all know it's the tight games where he's really struggled to make the difference........
Yesterday was not a tight game. Games v the big teams rarely are. Tight games are where the opposition pack the defence and there is very little space to play in.

ChaddyP

I think this kinda settles his position, doesn't it? He's just more effective at #9 than left-wing.
I think he's effective at any front position just depends on how you ask him to play. For instance he didn't play number 9 yesterday he actually played wide.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
But his best work yesterday came in the first half when he was basically on the left wing?
What? no he played as a striker whos position was slightly wider.

Both he and Martial had the job of isolating tottenhams CB 1v1.

We knew they couldn't keep up with them for pace, and with their fullbacks up so high it was the ideal way to counter.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
What? no he played as a striker whos position was slightly wider.

Both he and Martial had the job of isolating tottenhams CB 1v1.

We knew they couldn't keep up with them for pace, and with their fullbacks up so high it was the ideal way to counter.
Ole himself said that the plan was to have Rashford and Marital out wide so they can exploit the space left by their full backs - and then obviously cut inside (as a winger would do).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole himself said that the plan was to have Rashford and Marital out wide so they can exploit the space left by their full backs - and then obviously cut inside (as a winger would do).
in a 4-4-2 Diamond the strikers always play wider, it's just how it works. He didn't play as a winger in this game until Martial got subbed, and then he played LW.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Even more scary to think how he was vastly over rated a few months ago and could never be a lead the line striker for United.
Attitude has always been spot on, his confidence levels have been varied, but the talent has always been obvious. Amazing what difference it makes having a coach who believes in you and confidence.
I'm not going to take back my comment. It's been 6 games. Is he capable of being our number 9 in a title winning side? No one knows the answer to that. He most certainly could play left wing in a title winning side though

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hes young but I still reckon weve wasted some of his time by not playing him up top more so than hes done. For me, his best performances come close to the box or up top. Even in his debut season, he started off up top then was moved around to get Rooney up top again.

I do think we are playing to his strengths and it helps that we have somebody like Pogba to take advantage of his pace, willingness to run in behind. But some of his hold up stuff was good too.

So much room to improve as well which is a great sign for us. But it now helps we are playing attacking football so you expect a bit of pressure comes off him (in recent regimes, it would be 1 chance and he had to score, now he may get 3 chances and really just needs to score 1 and its all good)
We have wasted time on a lot of players sadly (Herrera, Rashford, Martial)

lex talionis

The matter is settled for me: Rashford > Lukaku

That said, the Lukaku of Everton was a very decent striker and one can easily see how if Rashford goes out with an injury for a month or two how Lukaku could reclaim his status as our first choice 9 for the long run. But can Lukaku make the most of his ability under Ole? No one knows.

Stacks

He is proving me wrong and I guess I underestimate how important belief from your manager is and regular run of games. It was strange seeing him score for England and look more confident and clearly being asked to play as a target man CF isn't his bag. I am pretty proud that he is keeping Lukaku out and is a key player like he was under Van Gaal. Time will tell whether he can be relied upon to lead a title challenging team (Kane, Aguero, Salah are the levels) but I am enjoying the ride

reddaz71

Rashford is getting better and better, but wouldnt you just love it though if somehow we could grab Mbappe from PSG to play alongside him!! pipe dream I guess.

It's a matter of opinion, but I don't think he would have. Rashford's shot was right in the corner.
Rashford ALWAYS goes across the face of goal in those situations. Lloris should have known that and positioned himself better.

manunited1919

I have been too quick to criticize him fo not being clinical and for failing at those one on ones. But his finish against Spurs was indeed clinical and top class. I am sure there will still be moments where he isn’t as great, but we need to be patient and allow him the time to develop. Well done Marcus!

Last edited:

beycont

You can’t say that for a huge percentage of the matches under Mourinho he didn’t look like a complete headless chicken and an incredibly greedy one at that.
That isn’t blaming it on Mourinho, that’s stating fact and could be said about almost all of our squad under him.

At times he really was that bad, and I couldn’t care less if he’s an academy graduate or not, if you aren’t playing well enough you shouldn’t be playing almost week in week out.
That's on the manager, Rashford doesn't pick the team. Is this what you mean by "stealing a living"?

Green_Red

I'm sure a few have already seen this on skysports. Some nice stats about Rashford in there though.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-career-ahead-of-150th-manchester-united-game

Under Mourinho is average minutes per goals / assists was 191 minutes. Under Ole it's 76 minutes...

He also became the third youngest player ever to score 3 goals in a row for us. Rooney is #1 on the list, Ronaldo is #2...

I think he is finally realising his potential. Great to see.

United_We_Stand

"United are understood to be ready to open talks with the 21-year-old over a double-your-money contract worth around £150,000 a week that would reflect his progression and importance to the club."

Raven

To be absolutely fair, I wrote him off, he was shocking for at least a year under Mourinho. I'm delighted he's come around and is looking like a superstar in the making again. I'm also happy to be wrong on this, people did back him and they were right to, I just didn't see much of a player in him anymore.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
There aren't many good things you can say about Van Gaal but Rashford is one them alright. Shades of his part in introducing Muller and the likes at Bayern. So happy to see him succeed, million times better than seeing massive transfers playing well.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
There aren't many good things you can say about Van Gaal but Rashford is one them alright. Shades of his part in introducing Muller and the likes at Bayern. So happy to see him succeed, million times better than seeing massive transfers playing well.
I think LVG was the worse of the lot from Moyes, him and Mou but I admit this was something he gets credit for and introducing other jews as well.

Inter Yer Nan

I don't give LVG a lot of credit for Rashford. He only played because Martial got injured in the warm up before a Europa League game and scored two and then repeated the trick in the league a couple of days later. I guess LVG gets credit for not dropping him but who'd drop a kid that scored 4 in 2?

I think Jose wasted him though and really only used him so he could point to that "I get accused of not playing youth but he played the most games", I got the sense he really didn't coach him whereas Ole is definitely working well with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.