Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The issue is under Sir Alex, these sorts of players will be brought in, rotated and expected to grow into their roles. There would be an existing structure, and them some sort of transition as they develop.

Due to us having average attacking players, he's been brought in and expected to be our best player, and lead us. Hopefully by next season, him and Amrtial are ready to play a more leading role, and we could do with adding a proper go-to guy.
We bought ronaldo at the age of 18 and he was thrown straight in. He was a first choice starter in his teens. Same with Rooney although one could argue Rooney was on a different level altogether to most other teenagers.

Bwuk

Needs to get the finger out after international break. Liverpool on Saturday is a big opportunity for him.

Shark

@NotShark
I honestly thought he'd kick on after the hatrick vs Brugge, but you forget he's 21 and it'll take time for him to gain consistency of that kind of level.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Some lovely crosses from Memphis against Turkey today. Shame his teamates could do feck all with them.

I know I'm late to the part with this but what the feck did I just watch? It was like watching Will Ferrell sabotage his own team in Semi-Pro.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The issue is under Sir Alex, these sorts of players will be brought in, rotated and expected to grow into their roles. There would be an existing structure, and them some sort of transition as they develop.

Due to us having average attacking players, he's been brought in and expected to be our best player, and lead us. Hopefully by next season, him and Amrtial are ready to play a more leading role, and we could do with adding a proper go-to guy.
Ronaldo's competition was Quinton Fortune, Kieran Richardson, Darren Fletcher and the invisible man. Rooney's competition was Alan Smith and Diego Forlan. They were playing in a team that really weren't of the standard to challenge for the title which is partly what gave them the breathing room to develop rapidly and establish themselves in the team as teenagers. The situation Depay, Martial, Shaw and co. are in is not too dissimilar.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Personally, I'd start Young. Don't think we can afford another one of his PL performances so far. Give him 30 mins.

Swaters16

Ronaldo's competition was Quinton Fortune, Kieran Richardson, Darren Fletcher and the invisible man. Rooney's competition was Alan Smith and Diego Forlan. They were playing in a team that really weren't of the standard to challenge for the title which is partly what gave them the breathing room to develop rapidly and establish themselves in the team as teenagers. The situation Depay, Martial, Shaw and co. are in is not too dissimilar.
Nope, can't you see that by playing young players (no matter how experienced) Van Gaal is destroying the club. Again.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Basically it's like watching Nani in his bad form but also with much less talent in his legs. Another thing to drop on comparision is that Nani would be dropped long time ago in this kind of form.

But I think he'll come good, I have high hopes for him, even though it's quite clear that people overrated him a lot before the season started.

NinjaFletch

I have seen nothing from him in the PL whatsoever to say that he should be in our team over Young.

Minimalist

Disappointing so far today. Looks short on confidence. Clyne is a good right-back but he's not testing him enough.

m1y2

he'll come good, hopefully he won't be dominated by Clyne like this in a few years time, shit defender like Clyne..

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Ok Nani, you have had your usual display, now for the bit of magic, just once please.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's dangerous in that he's always trying to go forward when he gets the ball and has plenty of pace and dribbling ability, but he really needs to work on his close control. He loses it way too easily once he gets near the box.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He's going to Nani the hell out of us this season, isn't he?

I still have full confidence he will come good, but my god he has blown hot and cold so far.

IhabX7

He's supposed to be very good at going past players, but he seems heavy and not quick over the first 5 yards. I hope it's just the fact that he's not trusting his instincts and thinking too much. He has, without doubt, huge amounts of raw talent.

Luminous Lizard

Feeling a little underwhelmed with him, I still feel he has match winning quality though and it's hardly like he's keeping world class players on the bench so might as well stay on and hope he can play similar to the games against Brugge.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why does he not run with the ball? He's built like a brickhouse. Assert yourself a little more.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
His close control really is disappointing in tight spaces. Brugge will give you the time to control the ball but it's likely that it will not happen in the PL.

Minimalist

Why does he not run with the ball? He's built like a brickhouse. Assert yourself a little more.
That's why I think it's down to low confidence. He should be driving at Clyne but he's constantly avoiding the confrontation.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Not sure if starting him every game is a good idea, I expected Young to play in most games.
He seems surprised he has so little time on the ball. Add to that he isn't a very good dribbler like some on here expected him to be and you get this kind of performance. Long way to go for him, just like I expected.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We're paying a bit for relying so heavily on a kid from the Dutch league. I expected him to struggle albiet not this much.

As for his abilities, I'm surprised he's so lacking in mobility. Doesn't seem to have that much pace on the ball nor a really quick burst. All I'm seeing is muscle and power, and trickery. Hopefully he improves this.

Status
Not open for further replies.