Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Put in a few good crosses which I liked. Difficult to judge someone on that second half performance. We made so many changes. He did pull out of that overhead attempt so I dunno why anyone would say he was poor. It was a difficult half that will have done good for some players fitness. Someone get's on the end of his crosses and suddenly we could be talking about two assists.

Kubalionzzale

Didn't catch the game, but based on that video he didn't seem to do anything wrong. Hopefully he plays well when the season starts too, would be stupid to sell him after one year in the new league. He showed that he's capable of good performances, now he just needs to perform well against the better teams and rebuild his confidence. Or no, just sell him and buy a new shiny toy for 30 million :wenger:

dichinero

Mindless criticism. Did nothing wrong in such a dire and stale match!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This will either be his last season here, or his 'first'.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
That's a bit rich from Rooney to be honest, if we were to make a highlight reel of some of the things he attempted, such as a straight forward pass, we would have quite a bit to laugh about as well.
Rich? Even the crap Rooney of 2015 is better than anything I have seen of Depay so far..

Dinghy

I don't like him. He clearly thinks he's already made it, which to be fair to him is kind of true, but he hasn't got the ability or the mentality to be a top player here. He wears number 7 and is a winger for one of the biggest clubs in the world and he can barely go past a man. Combined with every other aspect of his game which has been crap, I don't think we'll see too much of him in the future.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Mindless criticism. Did nothing wrong in such a dire and stale match!
I'm Memphis' harshest critic and I agree that you can't criticize anything he did yesterday.
It was a meaningless testimonial where most of the players on the pitch played poorly.
I doubt anybody will play that badly again this season.

I still believe he needs to either go and play in the Championship or more preferably, he should play in an easier foreign league. The Dutch league was perfect for him.
Every season he stays at MUFC, his lack of skill will be on display and his stock will fall.
If he goes to an easier league, he can spend 1-2 seasons, getting his confidence back (and improving his skills, away from the spot light) and then join another bigger team.

I remember D.Beckham, who IMO is one of the best players I have ever seen play for MUFC (far better than Memphis), was loaned out to a lower league club (Preston N.E) for a season. And this was at the age of 20/21.
He then returned to MUFC and did rather well for himself.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Not a big fan but do think he is shown more this preseason than last years..
Hopefully, he is settled now.

Shimo

Looking better in the brief cameos - and that's in comparison to the same type of brief appearances he got at the end of last season. I do like the crosses he puts in from the left that bend in - once he get a bit precise with them, it will open up the byline even more for him or Shaw.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Looking better in the brief cameos - and that's in comparison to the same type of brief appearances he got at the end of last season. I do like the crosses he puts in from the left that bend in - once he get a bit precise with them, it will open up the byline even more for him or Shaw.
The lesser the expectation from both the fans and on himself, the better his performances will begin to look. He can then gradually build up on his confidence moving forward, by firstly stringing together a solid display base before considering stepping it up.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Just a video I bumped to, nothing too impressive and was from his 2nd PSV season, but he was so much more slim and ripped and his shooting just looked so much better. I know the keepers are of lower standard but even in the Europa League, long shots left, right and center. Very weird that he's just completely lost that ability.

hubbuh

Just a video I bumped to, nothing too impressive and was from his 2nd PSV season, but he was so much more slim and ripped and his shooting just looked so much better. I know the keepers are of lower standard but even in the Europa League, long shots left, right and center. Very weird that he's just completely lost that ability.
Was this the season before we signed him? If so, why on earth did he put so much weight on over the summer? Still, it doesn't go the whole way in explaining why he has become so utterly useless at dead ball situations.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
For those talking about his build (heavy, muscular, buff, whatever). His build is not the issue.
If his build was the single thing which would make him a World Class player, I'm sure his trainers would advise him what to do and he would do it (eg eat less, work with light weights, do more cardio, etc).

The issue is that he has never been able to play against top class defenders. Against lesser players, he is brilliant. He demonstrated this at PSV and against Shrewsbury, Midgetland, Brugge.
Since his arrival, he has shown nothing to demonstrate that he has a plan to sort this issue out. LVG gave him chance after chance and he screwed it up every time. It got to a point that by the end of the season, he could barely get any minutes on the pitch.

A move to a lesser club (loan or sale) would be the best move for him. Let him learn his trade out of the spot light, with less pressure.
Jose will expect only the highest standards and if Memphis is crap, Jose will call him out and it won't be nice for Memphis.

gerrydaly

Praying to have a guy on top of him
I'm Memphis' harshest critic and I agree that you can't criticize anything he did yesterday.
It was a meaningless testimonial where most of the players on the pitch played poorly.
I doubt anybody will play that badly again this season.

I still believe he needs to either go and play in the Championship or more preferably, he should play in an easier foreign league. The Dutch league was perfect for him.
Every season he stays at MUFC, his lack of skill will be on display and his stock will fall.
If he goes to an easier league, he can spend 1-2 seasons, getting his confidence back (and improving his skills, away from the spot light) and then join another bigger team.

I remember D.Beckham, who IMO is one of the best players I have ever seen play for MUFC (far better than Memphis), was loaned out to a lower league club (Preston N.E) for a season. And this was at the age of 20/21.
He then returned to MUFC and did rather well for himself.
Beckham wasn't loaned out for a season. He joined PNE late in the '94-'95 season and played five times for them during a one month loan.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I think he makes good forward runs, was something hard for him to do under our previous style - an essential trait with Zlatan dropping deep at times. Few good crosses too.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The thought of Martial being out of form scares me.

I'd rather play Young or Lingard at this point.
Our lack of quality strength in depth is scary

devilish

Meh, just thow Rashford in there or Mkhitaryan and play Mata on the right if Depay can't be trusted to fill in.
Rashford is a striker and Mata is a no 10 (he's not very good there either)

devilish

It is.

But we cant fix it in one go.

Its worse because Depay was brought in to fix this.
He failed big time. There again there's always a risk whenever you sign a player from a Championship level of league

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He failed big time. There again there's always a risk whenever you sign a player from a Championship level of league
The Dutch league is more miss than hit over the last few years.

Full of scarecrow defenders as one poster put it. But it was a punt we had to take, I thought Van Gaal knew something we didnt. At some point we will get it right like we did with Martial for example.

JohnnyLaw

Rashford is a striker and Mata is a no 10 (he's not very good there either)
He seems just as much a striker as Martial does at the moment. Looked great in his cameos for England playing on the LW. Mata is definitely no worse on the right compared to centrally based on the last two campaigns at least.

Snafu17

Was this the season before we signed him? If so, why on earth did he put so much weight on over the summer? Still, it doesn't go the whole way in explaining why he has become so utterly useless at dead ball situations.
Nope, it is the season before. He was quite the unit already by the time we signed him. I think that the weight he put on is not even the problem. He never was a particularly brilliant dribbler. Sure he can do a flashy move every once in a while, but taking on players was never his game. It was because of his movement and link-up play that he was so highly rated.

devilish

He seems just as much a striker as Martial does at the moment. Looked great in his cameos for England playing on the LW. Mata is definitely no worse on the right compared to centrally based on the last two campaigns at least.
Rashford is doing a great job upfront. Let's keep him there. Mata is not very good on the flanks

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
The Dutch league is more miss than hit over the last few years.

Full of scarecrow defenders as one poster put it. But it was a punt we had to take, I thought Van Gaal knew something we didnt. At some point we will get it right like we did with Martial for example.
Yeah like Alderweireld, Blind, van Dijk, Pieters, Wijnaldum, Verthongen, Eriksen in recent years. Ofcourse not all of them will succesd, but even players from the PL itself dont always succeed at another club. Then again, PSV really proved themselves in Europe last season as a very strong side, Man United and Atletico Madrid couldnt beat for example.

devilish

A couple of minutes of the flanks doesn't make Rashford a winger. Also Ibra is 34. He will need rest and Rashford will be needed upfront. Mata is not good enough in both roles

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rashford is doing a great job upfront. Let's keep him there. Mata is not very good on the flanks
Agree I think we are still a wide front man short. Would have liked Mane (because his pace and willingness to run in behind) but really think if either Martial or Mkytarin have a lull in form or an injury. The drop of in class in their replacements is to big.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
A couple of minutes of the flanks doesn't make Rashford a winger. Also Ibra is 34. He will need rest and Rashford will be needed upfront. Mata is not good enough in both roles
He played left side for the u-18s a the odd time I caught their games.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How many minutes is he getting with Martial, Rooney, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan and Rashford surely all being above him in the pecking order?

Ibi Dreams

How many minutes is he getting with Martial, Rooney, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan and Rashford surely all being above him in the pecking order?
Only Martial and perhaps Rashford will play in his favoured position, so with all our cup games and potential injuries he may still get some time. I don't have high hopes that he'll make the most of what time he does get, unfortunately.

peridigm

Only Martial and perhaps Rashford will play in his favoured position, so with all our cup games and potential injuries he may still get some time. I don't have high hopes that he'll make the most of what time he does get, unfortunately.
Lingard can play on the left too can't he? Not looking good for Memphis, not even making the bench for the CS. Starting to think he could be moved on before the window shuts.

Devil81

Where does he play this season?

Rashford has his squad position and I suspect he's well down the pecking order with other players as well.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Where does he play this season?

Rashford has his squad position and I suspect he's well down the pecking order with other players as well.
u23s? I don't even see him making the matchday squad often. Martial, Miki, Lingard, Rashford, and Mata are all ahead of him and wouldn't be surprised to see Young included ahead of him too. May as well send him on loan as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.