4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike09

But Palace didn't want to sell while we can't wait to get rid, different circumstances.
There are many reason why I was hoping we can get £32m either it's with add on or without add on.

I picked £32m instead of £30m or £35m because £7m seems to be the amount of money we paid on his wages. The reason why Everton was willing to pay £27m on an average player because they were desperate to get a winger, and now with Bolasie is being injured, I was hoping that Koeman might spend another money to get a winger which I think we should take this as an advantage. I don't see any reason of selling him as soon as possible this January, we can still sell him in summer if there is no good offer this January. He still has 2.5 years left in his contract anyway. Although I don't expect Everton to pay that much I can see there is still a chance we can push it higher. :devil:

Minimalist

Maybe £32million in total based on clauses that he has little hope of triggering.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd bite Everton's hand off for £20m. They would probably offer that much too, if we postured for a January sale.

Classical Mechanic

There are many reason why I was hoping we can get £32m either it's with add on or without add on.

I picked £32m instead of £30m or £35m because £7m seems to be the amount of money we paid on his wages. The reason why Everton was willing to pay £27m on an average player because they were desperate to get a winger, and now with Bolasie is being injured, I was hoping that Koeman might spend another money to get a winger which I think we should take this as an advantage. I don't see any reason of selling him as soon as possible this January, we can still sell him in summer if there is no good offer this January. He still has 2.5 years left in his contract anyway. Although I don't expect Everton to pay that much I can see there is still a chance we can push it higher. :devil:
Wages are the reason we sell for such poor fees. The vast majority of players won't take a significant pay cut to move to a lesser club and our players earn a lot. Memphis is rumoured to be on £120k a week! We end up having to offer discounted fees so the buying club can afford the wages.

Mike09

Wages are the reason we sell for such poor fees. The vast majority of players won't take a significant pay cut to move to a lesser club and our players earn a lot. Memphis is rumoured to be on £120k a week! We end up having to offer discounted fees so the buying club can afford the wages.
I think he's on £90k. That's why I was hoping Everton to sign him for around £30m since his wages is less than £100k.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
We'd have to sell his kidneys if you want 32m and we'll still fall short.

MD7

We won't sell him with profit, but I think we already got the money back purely on merchandise

sunama

Baghdad Bob
A loan would be better.

We would make massive losses if we sold him now.

If he has some good perfomances there,then he might attract more attention.
What if he fails to impress for Everton?
Januzaj is not doing well at Sunderland and I think Memphis is worse than Januzaj.

Ha, £32m!

The difference between him and Bolasie is that Crystal Palace didn't want to sell Bolasie, so Everton had to pay an incentive to sell him.

It is very clear that we don't rate Memphis and want to sell him. I'd be surprised if we get any more than £12m for him.
I think £12M is reasonable (we are not good sellers and Memphis is terrible).
We just need to get this guy off our wage bill, but also for his own sake, Memphis needs to get his career back on track. The guy seems to have gone into semi-retirement and appears to be loving it.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
What if he fails to impress for Everton?
Januzaj is not doing well at Sunderland and I think Memphis is worse than Januzaj.

I think £12M is reasonable (we are not good sellers and Memphis is terrible).
We just need to get this guy off our wage bill, but also for his own sake, Memphis needs to get his career back on track. The guy seems to have gone into semi-retirement and appears to be loving it.
Sorry but why do you think he's loving it? Do you know him personally?

dichinero

gone into semi-retirement and appears to be loving it.
Wonderful! You're pals now? All reports are that he's been doing double training sessions and working hard but no, just stick a knife in him, eh?

Mike09

We'd have to sell his kidneys if you want 32m and we'll still fall short.
People are forgetting that the market has gone up nowdays. For a young player who has potential and talent and also has shown what he was capable at PSV will not leave for such a cheap price. Even we sold Welbeck for £16m. Everton are desperate for a winger to replace Bolasie. I don't expect £32m but definitely above £20m and I hope we can reach to £32m or closed.

Ole90+3

Bolasie has played every game this season, so going on that basis, you'd presume the player they are getting in to essentially replace him would get a good amount of gametime.

Either deal would suit us well. I really can't see Memphis impressing enough at Everton to convince Mourinho he is good enough considering he is finding it difficult to get into matchday squads for EL or League Cup games.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
A definite contender for PL all-time biggest waste of money.

Crap player. Simple as that.

kundalini

Memphis' contract was among those that got leaked. He earned £5.2m last season as we were in the CL + bonuses £20K per start, so getting towards £5.75m, perhaps £6m once FA cup win bonus included. This season with no CL he earns £3.9m plus almost nothing in terms of bonuses because he never gets on the pitch. And since we aren't going to be in the CL next season either, he would expect to make £3.9m again, if he stayed. So Everton might be able to afford his wages.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I find it strange how people worry about how much we sell players for. We sell players we want to get rid off, naturally we'd sell them for less.

The last big money transfer out of United was Ronaldo. I'd take small transfer fees over losing a player who we clearly didn't want to lose.

As for Memphis, get rid. He's not been up to standard.

Blomqvist+

Not that anyone was expecting him, but I would take him being at the boxing past midnight means he isn't in the squad for Spurs.

He really needs to go out on loan in January. Ideally to another Premier league club, where he can get used to working hard regularly.

Bojan11

Not that anyone was expecting him, but I would take him being at the boxing past midnight means he isn't in the squad for Spurs.

He really needs to go out on loan in January. Ideally to another Premier league club, where he can get used to working hard regularly.
Shaw and Schneiderlin were at the boxing too.

Call me old fashioned, but I rather our players were focusing on the big game tomorrow rather than going out to the boxing. We might get a injury before kick off which opens up a spot.

XdanielredX

I reckon send him on loan in Jan.

If he plays well we can either take him back or increase our asking price and get a more respectable fee.

If he doesn't play that well then... well it's no worse than him not playing at all like he is now...

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff

Call me old fashioned, but I rather our players were focusing on the big game tomorrow rather than going out to the boxing. We might get a injury before kick off which opens up a spot.
I'd imagine he's been told he's not part of the squad.

soapythecat

Shaw is still injured I believe and Jose said he won't be involved. Can't see Schneiderlin will even get in the squad and probably knows this too, so I don't have an issue. Usually, Carrick and Young go to the boxing so I guess they are in today's squad. Memphis just reiterated how much he needs to get over himself - what was he thinking with that outfit?

dichinero

I wonder who's winning when some get wound by what a footballer covers his nakedness with!

prateik

Wouldnt mind seeing him start on the left... him and Shaw cant be worse than Darmian and Martial today... Martial did track back though

Status
Not open for further replies.