Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
In the minority here but I'd like to see him given a bloody chance. Mata aside (and he's not even a legit one), our wingers have been dreadful this season and he deserves a shot at least.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Interesting. The first post in his thread after the official start of the game on Thursday night, even though it's two days later and not relevant to his performance that night, counts as a thread-mark for the Feyenoord game.

@Damien Any chance you could have some sort of expiry date on a game thread-mark on a player performance thread if the first post is, say, 48 hours after the kick-off time?
Thanks for flagging this, hadn't spotted that. I've updated the threadmark creation to only happen on posts within 36 hours of the match kick-off. As you say, in all likelihood posts after that time will not be related to the match.

@Damien

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Nowhere near good enough. Never has been, never will be. I said it before he came while everyone else was getting carried away with his highlights on youtube which were in fact also crap IMO. No idea how anyone thought he was good enough. The same goes for Schneiderlin. I wish them both the best of luck in the future but hope they are offloaded in January or in the summer.

Bwuk

Think it's over for him here now with Mkhitaryan showing how good he is.

For the 3 positions behind the striker, that's Mata, Martial, Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Rashford and Rooney all ahead of him.

Hope he manages to prove his talent elsewhere. The talent is there, maybe not the mentality.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Only when this thread gets bumped do I remember, he plays for us.

m1y2

needs to go out on loan and hat will decide wheather he's good or not, go to swansea, hull or anywhere where you play memphis and show what you got... the problem was when he got here he should be playing for lower profile team before getting here, it was a too big step forward

Sparky10Legend

A loan would be better.

We would make massive losses if we sold him now.

If he has some good perfomances there,then he might attract more attention.

Thats just it, i dont see he has those performances in him.

Anything north of 10m, take it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Watch him move to Everton, drop several pounds and become lighting quick again, retain his shooting power and get his accuracy back.

Will proceed to shoot 20 in from the wings and move to Madrid to replace Ronaldo.

Minimalist

Watch him move to Everton, drop several pounds and become lighting quick again, retain his shooting power and get his accuracy back.

Will proceed to shoot 20 in from the wings and move to Madrid to replace Ronaldo.
Wouldn't be that ridiculous given his lack of game time with us.

I'll be annoyed if the likes of Ashley Young don't get booted too.

dichinero

Haha, but in all honesty I think the move might do wonders for him. He isn't as bad fans make him out to be. His move to United was at the wrong time, wrong team, wrong manager and circumstances. These "confidence" players are very fragile and need the right environment. I still have a hope he will turn it around but maybe not a United.

Adam-Utd

Haha, but in all honesty I think the move might do wonders for him. He isn't as bad fans make him out to be. His move to United was at the wrong time, wrong team, wrong manager and circumstances. These "confidence" players are very fragile and need the right environment. I still have a hope he will turn it around but maybe not a United.
Yeah, I've always thought he wasn't that bad for us, just tried to hard at first to show what he was about rather than keep it simple. Definitely suffered from the hype.

I think we should loan him first, we've seen with De Bruyne what 1 year on loan can do, he's definitely got the talent but he needs a solid year playing every week. Players can't improve in just training and 1 match every couple months.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Thats just it, i dont see he has those performances in him.

Anything north of 10m, take it.
10m would actually be amongst the top 10 fees we have received at the club.We are notoriously bad sellers.

I'm just hoping for the best at this stage.I don't think he's United quality but worse players than him have made it in this league.

Mike09

He has to leave, that's the best for his career.

I hope at least we can get £32m from Everton. We'll get a refund from his fees and wages that we spent. He's still 22 years old, scored a lot of goals at PSV, Everton is desperate with a winger since Bolasie is injured, he still has 2.5 years in his contract, January transfer isn't an easy window to get players as well. Surely if they are willing to spend £25m on Bolasie, I expect higher on Memphis.

AndyJ1985

I hope at least we can get £32m from Everton. We'll get a refund from his fees and wages that we spent. He's still 22 years old, scored a lot of goals at PSV, Everton is desperate with a winger since Bolasie is injured, he still has 2.5 years in his contract, January transfer isn't an easy window to get players as well. Surely if they are willing to spend £25m on Bolasie, I expect higher on Memphis.
Why should Everton pay more for Depay than they paid for Bolasie? The latter has proven to be the better player in the premier league.

Hojoon

There's a few players (Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Rooney, Mkhi) who are ahead of him, no surprise he's on his way out.

Boycott

I reckon if a club offers north of £15m, United will bite their hands off. Forget about making a profit on someone who so far is a Premier League dud.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Said before we signed him that he wouldn't be good enough. The same with Schneiderlin. It looks like these two are on their way out and that fills me with some confidence that Jose can actually see when certain players aren't good enough and moves them on instead of hanging on to dead wood.

Adam-Utd

I hope we don't get a number 7 for a few years

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah. He can still become a good player, though I doubt ever at a level that he would be a standout player at United. He needs a move somewhere he can be an automatic choice though and can be the main man without the pressures of a club like United to properly develop.

dichinero

Yeah. He can still become a good player, though I doubt ever at a level that he would be a standout player at United. He needs a move somewhere he can be an automatic choice though and can be the main man without the pressures of a club like United to properly develop.
I agree

Mike09

Why should Everton pay more for Depay than they paid for Bolasie? The latter has proven to be the better player in the premier league.
Keep praying bruh, our wish might come true. I think Memphis will be a good player and potentially will be a better player than Bolasie in the future that's why I think we should try to go for at least £30m. Koeman probably rate him high so there is still a chance.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Not a chance Everton would pay that kind of money for Depay.

Bolasie has proven himself in the PL. Depay has only tarnished his reputation since coming to the PL. With the selling club desperate to get rid Everton won't be taken to the cleaners.

Mike09

Not a chance Everton would pay that kind of money for Depay.

Bolasie has proven himself in the PL. Depay has only tarnished his reputation since coming to the PL. With the selling club desperate to get rid Everton won't be taken to the cleaners.
Did he prove himself to be a £27m? He was an average player.

Mike09

And yet he is much more proven in the league than Depay. So how would Depay justify a higher price?
Age, stats at PSV, potential, January transfer. Zaha was worse than Memphis at United and look at now he's proven like Bolasie at Crystal Palace.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Age, stats at PSV, potential, January transfer. Zaha was worse than Memphis at United and look at now he's proven like Bolasie at Crystal Palace.
PSV form means sweet FA given it was two years ago, in a poor quality league (Kezman, Alves, etc), and that form hasn't even remotely translated to the vastly superior EPL. He's not playing and is well down the pecking order. None of this makes for a good bargaining position.

Age is on his side though.

Gopher Brown

Ha, £32m!

The difference between him and Bolasie is that Crystal Palace didn't want to sell Bolasie, so Everton had to pay an incentive to sell him.

It is very clear that we don't rate Memphis and want to sell him. I'd be surprised if we get any more than £12m for him.

Mike09

Ha, £32m!

The difference between him and Bolasie is that Crystal Palace didn't want to sell Bolasie, so Everton had to pay an incentive to sell him.

It is very clear that we don't rate Memphis and want to sell him. I'd be surprised if we get any more than £12m for him.
Keep praying mate :lol:
Never lose hope!

Mike09

PSV form means sweet FA given it was two years ago, in a poor quality league (Kezman, Alves, etc), and that form hasn't even remotely translated to the vastly superior EPL. He's not playing and is well down the pecking order. None of this makes for a good bargaining position.

Age is on his side though.
Not just one season but two seasons with good stats at PSV. If Koeman rates him surely we can try to push the price higher after all they are desperate to find Bolasie's replacement.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Mate, no one is going to pay 32m for Depay. Woody should be knighted if he can squeeze that out of Everton ffs

We'll be lucky to get 10m for him.

Mike09

Lol talks of £32m? We will be lucky to see £10m as a) he's been shit and b) we ain't good sellers.
Mate, no one is going to pay 32m for Depay. Woody should be knighted if he can squeeze that out of Everton ffs

We'll be lucky to get 10m for him.
Can't people just at least have a hope here :lol: I did say "I hope". It's not like I was expecting Everton to pay £32m. I think it's a reasonable price to happen especially knowing how stupid they paid £27m on Bolasie.

Marcelinho87

Can't people just at least have a hope here :lol: I did say "I hope". It's not like I was expecting Everton to pay £32m. I think it's a reasonable price to happen especially knowing how stupid they paid £27m on Bolasie.
But Palace didn't want to sell while we can't wait to get rid, different circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.