Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
As a relatively young United fan (compared to most on this forum, anyway), I can't remember seeing many midfielders like him in our team. A joy to watch, specifically in the 2nd half.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Wow, that was impressive. Was worried about him fitting into a two man-midfield, but tonight's these fears have basically been evaporated.

How many times did he win the ball back for us along with Fellaini?

Those driving runs, the swagger, the way he's forcing us forward... He's gonna be worth every penny isn't it?
He just nipped in ahead of Southampton players time and time again when it didn't look possible.

Jacob

Missed the game since I was on a flight. In brief - how did he play?

sokol11

Ladies and gentlemen this was Paul Pogba. What a player we have on our hands. :drool: He oozes quality.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Damn, I have to admit I didn't expect him to look that special. No goal or assist but it just goes to show how much kore there is to football than that, despite the recent obsession withbpure numbers. Some of his skills to open up space/retain possession/set up a chance, was just fantastic. Excellent debut.

At the same time I think he has to be given more licence to bomb on. He seemed to have a much more defensive role than Rooney which, given the cast diffeeent in abilities, is odd.

MDFC Manager

Wow, that was impressive. Was worried about him fitting into a two man-midfield, but tonight's these fears have basically been evaporated.

How many times did he win the ball back for us along with Fellaini?

Those driving runs, the swagger, the way he's forcing us forward... He's gonna be worth every penny isn't it?
It was a monster box to box performance, and probably should have scored in the end to highlight that!

I'm actually wondering if Mourinho has actually got his position right, for this league. There's some proper oafs in premier league central midfields and Pogba will run rings around them all season long.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Started slow. His first touch almost lead to a Southampton goal. Got better as the game went on. Played some good balls over their defence into Ibra and Rooney. Some very impressive dribbles in tight areas when doubled up on.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It was like he had created himself in game with 99 stats across the board and set the opposition difficulty to amateur.

Ban

Complete midfielder. He makes good passes, long and short ones, he guards the ball brilliantly, he makes runs, takes the ball of the opposition, shoots. Everything.

amolbhatia50k

Phil Neville said on commentary that when Valencia was bombing forward into space on the right, Mourinho was screaming at Fellaini and Pogba to sit deep and not get forward. That, to me, sounds like a bit of a waste.

Firsly I don't agree with your two CMs sitting deep when you have the ball but fine, its Jose, hes a cautious manager.

But secondly and more importantly, make the likes of Herrera/Schneiderlin/Fellaini/Rooney do that, not Paul Pogba.

pseudo_canadian

He's a fecking tank combined with sublime skill and technique.

It's practically cheating to a have a midfield player with those traits.

He was nonchalantly running through them time after time :lol:

Ban

From BBC:
"Paul Pogba's first game for United since his return for an £89m world-record fee sees him make more touches (103), play more passes (71) and win more duels (20) than any United player."

AndyJ1985

From the BBC:
Paul Pogba's first game for United since his return for an £89m world-record fee sees him make more touches (103), play more passes (71) and win more duels (20) than any United player (Southampton's Pierre Hojbjerg played the most passes of anyone on the pitch, with 85).
What a player he's going to be for us. He's physically imposing and technically superb.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Tremendous player in transition. Just ghosting past players for fun.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Phil Neville said on commentary that when Valencia was bombing forward into space on the right, Mourinho was screaming at Fellaini and Pogba to sit deep and not get forward. That, to me, sounds like a bit of a waste.

Firsly I don't agree with your two CMs sitting deep when you have the ball but fine, its Jose, hes a cautious manager.

But secondly and more importantly, make the likes of Herrera/Schneiderlin/Fellaini/Rooney do that, not Paul Pogba.
Neville was sitting nowhere near Mourinho and had no way of hearing what he said, he saw Mourinho waving his hands and made something up.

Pogba's run in the last 5 minutes that lead to his shot quashes it really.

adamwest

He bullied every fecker out there tonight. What a monster on the ball

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Did we not witness him literally just do that?!

Brilliant, brilliant player.
nah. he never won us the game today as it was too easy to win, so he could play at a canter.

We'll see the best of Pogba when we are playing equally strong teams like City, or Chelsea. He needs to play against top opposition to show his very best.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Well Mourinho is right. When a fullback is bombing forward, the CMs have to sit back to cover.

I don't see a CM success in terms of goals and assists... it's about control. If your CMs are controlling things in terms of ball flow and defensive cover, they've been fantastic.

I'm older so I see the game differently than younger fans methinks.

amolbhatia50k

Neville was sitting nowhere near Mourinho and had no way of hearing what he said, he saw Mourinho waving his hands and made something up.

Pogba's run in the last 5 minutes that lead to his shot quashes it really.
Possibly. He did point the same thing out using video footage whwn analysing the Bournemouth game.

prath92

He was excellent. I'm sure he was itching to go out on OT and do that. #pogback

jungledrums

nah. he never won us the game today as it was too easy to win, so he could play at a canter.

We'll see the best of Pogba when we are playing equally strong teams like City, or Chelsea. He needs to play against top opposition to show his very best.
I can see why you'd give it to Zlatan, to be fair, but Pogba was still comfortably 8/10 today. He contributed to winning the game for us. He may not have put the ball in the back of the net, but he was phenomenal nonetheless!

Status
Not open for further replies.