Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

He already lost his prime playing in this team.

Good for him that he checked out.

Banana Republic

Paul Scholes is spot on.
Pogba isn’t going to change, whatever happens at Utd.
New manager, new CDM, the team finally clicking….he’ll still be the same and there’ll be no miraculous improvement or transformation into some amazing player.
The money Utd appear to be prepared to throw at him, to get him to stay, is sheer insanity.
All we’ll get is more of the same and a great big financial millstone around the club’s neck.
Don’t wait until next June, just release him in January.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I've defended him in the past but wow that was poor last night. His performances in at LW over the past 2 seasons have been much better than the ones in CM so I'm not sure how he fits in.

Despite being poor, I do think he is worth another shot in that formation - I don't think yesterday was down to a lack of effort (which has been a fair criticism in the past) but was just pure sloppiness.

RuudTom83

A few times last night as he was running back, he just ball watched, never looked around him to see where potential danger was coming.

First goal should of been killing him self to get back and track the run from midfield.

Horrible performance.

JoaquinJoaquin

Actually thought he started well, but then that quickly turned into a nightmare.

I think I have reached the point where we need to move on from Pogba now. Would be crap to lose him on a free, but this needs to be done now.

TheLittleOne

100%. If we get a proper DM in january, we might see some consistency from Paul, if we don't, we should definitely get rid. I can't imagine what he will be like on 450k a week, putting in performances like that for another 4-5 years.
Some people never learn...

I said years ago this guy is nothing but trouble on and off the field.
Some people call him youtube player which is a perfect description. Some incredible highlights only few can pull off but the rest of his play is nowhere near good enough.
One of the easiest player to play against, stand on his feet and give him no room and he will eventually feck things up.

The audacity of this guy thinking he deserves more money/better teammates.

I was so happy when he came back but now I just want him gone.

shinpad

He could of cut the ball out for the goal if he had not been strolling back, absolutely dismal performance again, gives the ball away every pass nearly. Shameful.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Very talented, is capable of the special, reality is he's usually pretty poor and I can only go on that, I no longer rate him to be honest at all, he's a liability and I wouldn't even offer him an extension on the same terms, would love to sell him Jan, even try and get a few million to put towards a dependable hard working midfielder

Jonno

He just looked so slow with his touch, slow on the turn, slow to release the ball, easily pressed. Atalanta looked fitter than him. More motivated than him. Clearly very talented and shouldn't ever have defensive duties. He should be playing a 10 somewhere else in Europe like Spain, Italy or France.

Playing him in a double pivot is suicidal at PL/CL level.

90 + 5min

Always said, even when he played for Mourinho and when he also had some good run of games, that player should not be here. With all his "quality" he isn't even close being top central midfielder in the world in our shirt. I never seen a player making exactly same misstakes over and over for years and never learn from it. If you are a top player people trust you and know you'll get quality for 90 minutes. With him, it is more like, I hope he have one of the good games without making misstakes.

We should have sold him long ago when we could get some money for him. It would be best for both club and player to go seperate ways.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He just looked so slow with his touch, slow on the turn, slow to release the ball, easily pressed. Atalanta looked fitter than him. More motivated than him. Clearly very talented and shouldn't ever have defensive duties. He should be playing a 10 somewhere else in Europe like Spain, Italy or France.

Playing him in a double pivot is suicidal at PL/CL level.
Absolutely no chance a player with his turning circle has a career as a number 10.

romufc

People need to realise to play the 10, you have to be quick on the ball, you cant get the ball and hold it for 5 seconds turn head up and then pass.

Pogba can make quick passes but most times he tries shield the ball and loses it or tries some fancy trick and loses it.

Can7onA

Paul Jogba.

He had a week off, he should be busting his arse to cut that goal out. Like people have been saying for years on here and getting battered, he's a liability. Feck him off as soon as possible.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Pogba just cannot deal with any form of press and is just a wrong choice in a congested midfield. He needs time to look up and do his magic which is just not afforded to him in the Premiership much these days as more and more teams play the pressing game. Now with Ronaldo up front, he doesn't even have a runner where he could launch those great passes.

youmeletsfly

I'm usually one to defend him, but that's his first gake where I really thinl he got on my nerves.

He really seems not bothered to put the effort in or to speed his game up, he looks like Martial when he was sulking under Jose.

spiriticon

I don't know why he's so fixated on shielding the ball. He's shite at it. The ball is about a metre away from his feet all the time while he is shielding, zero close control. It's so easy for a second player to come in and nick the ball off him, and then Pogba goes into panic mode and it's a two-footed lunge.

Just release the damn ball quickly.

Marwood

Based on last night, yes. Based on his form in previous games/seasons, no.
He's always wanted way too many touches. He gets a kick out of trying to hold off as many players as possible.

Sultan

Pogba's performance is not only hurting the club but also himself. If he does not improve over the remainder of his contract he and his agent can kiss goodbye to a big final contract. Unless of course, United carry on rewarding mediocrity in the hope they have a sell-on value.

RedorDead21

we have looked bang average for 3 years. Before Ronaldo was here. With a combination of Mcfred. Whatever you list. We have looked bang average then. Why are we trying to turn it or correlate it to a Pogba-Ronaldo thing?

I mean, Ronaldo has 6 in 8 and Pogba is our assist leader in the league. What are we really talking about? If you’re going to be bang average at least be so with productive players
like I was saying Pogba isn’t the answer.

Born2Lose

We all know he has incredible talent, a very quick eye for the insightful pass and has some amazing skills, but despite some of these “world class” attributes, he has never really been a “world class” player.

If you can only turn it on from time to time and only produce superb performances in a a single handful of games a season, then you are not a top player.
This is Pogba’s 6th season with us (since his return) and he’s only had one really productive season In that time.
As well as the enduring inconsistency, he’s spent a large part of his time with us being a liability, not an asset.

He’s nearly 29 and should be at the peak of his career, but he’s far off that.
There’s no chance he can turn things around now, even with a new manager in charge.
He’s slow, sloppy, lacks mobility and is lackadaisical.
I’ve heard him described as both an awkward lanky giraffe wearing concrete boots and as knackered old oil tanker with a broken propeller that struggles to manoeuvre or turn. Both sound quite apt.

Utd lost their chance to sell him, even for a modest fee and at least recuperate some money to invest in new players.
He’s going to walk for free, so the sooner he goes, the better.
Agreed, an inherent part of being "world class" is consistency.

He's a brand trying to portray an image of him being world class but the reality is he's not.

R'hllor

I understand people hate and cant stand him but people trying to make it out when he is being pressed like there are 10 pass options to choose from, kicking it out not included, do people really want him to kick it up field aimlessly or out every time he gets pressed while teammates are just watching? Not saying every scenario is like that.

Dante

Average bang
International football is played after a busy season when all the players are knackered, and summer temperatures are roasting. The tempo is obviously going to be a lot slower at the big tournaments.

For different reasons, Serie A is also played at a slower tempos than you'd find elsewhere at the top level.

Pogba isn't suited to the high-pressing football that's fashionable at the top level in the 2020s. If he were around in the 1990s, he'd quite possibly be world class. In these times, however, he's a player who threatens to look good but ultimately falls short when every tiny detail isn't exactly to his liking.

Like a vintage Ferrari that won't start when it's too cold or too hot or too rainy or too dry, but who looks good in the goldilocks zone that only exists in fairytales and at World Cups.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's simply erratic and that doesn't change. He'll have a few great games on the trot here and there but deep down you know it's not gonna carry on.

joedirt87

When I saw his name on the team sheet I was worried that he wouldn't put in the effort needed in that 3-5-2. He stunk the place up. Ole needs to have a sit down with him, you are going to shape up and do what is required or you can spend the rest of your time here training and not playing. That is not what will happen of course.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think everybody knows now he suffers when you press him in numbers. The first guy holds him up trying to win the ball, and Pogbas first instinct is to fight him back and keep hold of it.

The issue is by that point the 2nd player is closing him down and he either loses control of it or panics and plays a poor pass.

If he wants to play CM more often he needs to stop having these 1v1 duels so deep in the pitch. It works fine in attack because players will rarely break their defensive shape to press with 2 men.

He just had a bad night though in general, his passing was sloppy and nothing really came off for him. The other thing is i'm not sure he's ever played well with Mctominay, they're both big lumbering giants that can't accelerate well and aren't good at quick 1 touch football. It's a bad partnership prone to being pressed easily.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When I saw his name on the team sheet I was worried that he wouldn't put in the effort needed in that 3-5-2. He stunk the place up. Ole needs to have a sit down with him, you are going to shape up and do what is required or you can spend the rest of your time here training and not playing. That is not what will happen of course.
I don't think he didn't put any effort last night. He was shite in everything he attempted mostly. A truly crap game instead of a lazy one if you prefer

Woodzy

Just give it a couple of weeks and he will put in a world class performance against bottom of the league and we can all ignore how terrible a player he has actually been for us for another few months.

Sultan

I understand people hate and cant stand him but people trying to make it out when he is being pressed like there are 10 pass options to choose from, kicking it out not included, do people really want him to kick it up field aimlessly or out every time he gets pressed while teammates are just watching? Not saying every scenario is like that.
Yes, this is also part of the bigger issue and it's not just related to Pogba. Other midfielders should be giving him a couple of easy passing options in those areas. We know it's an issue area due to all our midfield players struggling with similar issues in that area giving away easy possession.

Last edited:

r1z3mu

I think I'm close to join "Pogba out" club. The way he plays shows total disrespect to club and fans. I'm not a big fan of Mourinho but understand why he had problems with Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.