Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

LonelyFire

This will come down to form in the Euro's as far as Madrid are concerned.

If he doesn't stand out, Perez won't pay the money asked. If he happens to do something ridiculous a la Rodriguez at World Cup, then he'll sign for them regardless of what we offer.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Chaps stop worrying, firstly he "really misses Manchester". Secondly, he's going to have Martial and Schneiderlin in his ear all through the euros, telling him to come back to United. I'm sure Pat will give him a healthy nudge too. Varane will tell him how wonderful Mourinho is to work for, and that Madrid is worse than a bag of dicks. Shortly after Woody will show up with a massive bag of cash, give Raiola the proverbial reach-around, who will then ride into Carrington on a white stallion with Zlatan and Pogs in tow. Simples.

LonelyFire

Understood cheers. But he was still quite highly rated by Fergie, wasn't he?
Yes he was rated but they felt his positional discipline was poor and required improving.

Broadly speaking it was all too little, too late. Fergie fecked up royally on this and didn't play him when he was ready. I'll never forget his debut for U18s away at Charlton - I watched it live and felt watching that you were seeing some who was close to being ready for our 1st team. Physically was ready and ability was off the chart.

Footyislife

But actually, it's not.
Already have 4 box to box midfielders in Schneiderlin, Herrera, Schweinsteiger, and Fellaini. Why add a fifth for an insane amount of money? Sell the others first or you'll have to give them away for nothing. Someone like Dier or Matic would help our midfield far more than a flashy luxury signing like Pogba. Should have kept him, no need to make that mistake worse by overpaying to get him back.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Already have 4 box to box midfielders in Schneiderlin, Herrera, Schweinsteiger, and Fellaini. Why add a fifth for an insane amount of money? Sell the others first or you'll have to give them away for nothing. Someone like Dier or Matic would help our midfield far more than a flashy luxury signing like Pogba. Should have kept him, no need to make that mistake worse by overpaying to get him back.
Because he'll be one of the very best player in the world in a few years. Besides, Fellaini shouldn't count in that list, and Schweinsteiger won't be here much longer. Herrera may also leave soon.

Bwuk

Pogba is much better than any of those midfielders you listed.

Xeno

Chaps stop worrying, firstly he "really misses Manchester". Secondly, he's going to have Martial and Schneiderlin in his ear all through the euros, telling him to come back to United. I'm sure Pat will give him a healthy nudge too. Varane will tell him how wonderful Mourinho is to work for, and that Madrid is worse than a bag of dicks. Shortly after Woody will show up with a massive bag of cash, give Raiola the proverbial reach-around, who will then ride into Carrington on a white stallion with Zlatan and Pogs in tow. Simples.
This is the issue with the Woody approach to transfers. It needs to not be 'proverbial'.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
By that logic you could argue that it we sell first, it will then cost more to buy Pogba.

Needham

Because he'll be one of the very best player in the world in a few years. Besides, Fellaini shouldn't count in that list, and Schweinsteiger won't be here much longer. Herrera may also leave soon.
If he isn't already one of the very best in the world for that money then he shouldn't be bought. He should be bought for potentially the best in the world money, which is tens of millions less than the figures being quoted. Quod decorum manus cephilium totus decorum est.

Suv666

I have a limt of 5 posts and I'll waste one just to say this
He's chatting about his Manchester days just to pressure Madrid into submitting a higher bid. No way he's coming back so stop dreaming!

pacifictheme

You do realise that schweinsteiger can barely run from one box to the half way line these days? He should be stopping exactly no one being signed. I would be as effectivw in our mifield as him.

Fellaini should be someone that at best, is an option from the bench.

Herrera has shown little to suggest hes good enough to ignore someone like pobga.

Schneiderlin, again has shown little to inspire so far. Of the 4 hes the one i trust most.

Pogba is a significant upgrade on all of them. If we can sign him we should. Can't see it happening though!

Spark

This is the issue with the Woody approach to transfers. It needs to not be 'proverbial'.
True. Hopefully Woody literally give Raiola a reach around.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
You do realise that schweinsteiger can barely run from one box to the half way line these days? He should be stopping exactly no one being signed. I would be as effectivw in our mifield as him.

Fellaini should be someone that at best, is an option from the bench.

Herrera has shown little to suggest hes good enough to ignore someone like pobga.

Schneiderlin, again has shown little to inspire so far. Of the 4 hes the one i trust most.

Pogba is a significant upgrade on all of them. If we can sign him we should. Can't see it happening though!
If we have any chance of signing Pogba, we should without worrying about any midfielder we have. Your point on Schweinsteiger is way off the mark. He played too many safe passes but there was nothing wrong with his work rate. In many games he was the only one who tried to press till the opposition half.

There was nothing wrong with Schweinsteiger's work rate. He was available in final third but used to play safe sideways passes than killer ball.

Ephrem

Dier and Matic are good players but the question should be why should we add players like Dier/Matic to our team when we have already those players. Pogba is different because he will win us titles but we will massively overpay but it doesnt really matter as his value will only increase.

We should buy only the best ones thats already developed or the best youngsters . We have more than enough squad players and youngsters ready to make their first team bow. So if there is an option to get Pogba/Koke/Saul we should get them because they will transform the team to new levels where as Dier/Matic are not an upgrade on what we have.

Ixion

Already have 4 box to box midfielders in Schneiderlin, Herrera, Schweinsteiger, and Fellaini. Why add a fifth for an insane amount of money?
You would actually pass up signing Pogba because we have Fellaini....

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You would actually pass up signing Pogba because we have Fellaini....
Yeah but if we get Pogba (for £100m+) while we still have Fellaini we run the risk of losing Fellaini for a cut price. Fair point, right?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I wonder if it would be more realistic to get Veratti (and probably cheaper too) who I rate higher

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I wonder if it would be more realistic to get Veratti (and probably cheaper too) who I rate higher
Do Paris even need to sell? Can't imagine they'd be too happy about losing him and Zlatan in one summer.

RedorDead21

Can't see the club paying 60m for someone who went on a free just 4 years ago. Poor business for yes a top player, but slightly overrated.
WHo is a better midfielder at his age? He isn't overrated he's one of the best for his age there has been in many many years.......

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Probably not, but then why would Juve sell? I just said for about 80m, you could also test PSG for a player I rate higher
I have never understood why Veratti hasn't pressed for a transfer. I am sure Real and even Barcelona would fancy him. He deserves a bigger stage than the French league and occasional quarters in the CL.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I have never understood why Veratti hasn't pressed for a transfer. I am sure Real and even Barcelona would fancy him. He deserves a bigger stage than the French league and occasional quarters in the CL.
He's still young though but I agree, he should play in a top league

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Verratti not wanting to leave is the issue here ...
The issue is that he doesn't want to leave and PSG don't need the money, so even if he wanted to move he would cost a lot of money.

Varun

Staff
Verratti not wanting to leave is the issue here ...
He could want to leave all he wants but with PSG refusing to even sit on the negotiation table, it's a non starter. Remember how they dealt with Silva trying to move to Barca?

RedorDead21

He could want to leave all he wants but with PSG refusing to even sit on the negotiation table, it's a non starter. Remember how they dealt with Silva trying to move to Barca?
If he went about it the right way and they got what he's worth he'd be off. He's done nothing but be good for them.

Varun

Staff
If he went about it the right way and they got what he's worth he'd be off. He's done nothing but be good for them.
So has Silva but they refused to even negotiate saying they would start bidding for Messi if Barca don't stop :lol:. I don't see them makimg an exception for Verratti who'd be even more valuable. Maybe if he creates a huge ruckus, refuses to train etc.

sokol11

I have a limt of 5 posts and I'll waste one just to say this
He's chatting about his Manchester days just to pressure Madrid into submitting a higher bid. No way he's coming back so stop dreaming!
As I read your post I wondered when will I be accepted to main forum and then I log in and look and behold I'm in. :) As this is my first post in the mains I would like to devote it to all positive transfer muppets in the Pogba thread. :)

Now to write something that would actually be on topic. To buy Pogba regardless of the price if he is available is not even up for discussion, but we need a world class deep lying playmaker more than anything else especially if we will persist with Rooney as an AM for a year before he leaves for MLS as a record United goalscorer. If as suspected Real get Pogba we should go all-in for Modrič. Schneiderlin was my biggest disappointment of the last year he should also improve under Mourinho. But my biggest hope for the next season is Ibracadabra. If he signs I believe he will have a Cantona-like effect on United.

RMD83

Hi have to admit I am beginning to feel there may be some credibility to reports that Pogba may return. I remain sceptical still as I would be surprised if Real and Barca were not interested. Im sure we are going to make a massive signing this summer as well as Ibra, Pogba may be the one. The reports of Mata going to Juve may be fabricated but does make sense. He would thrive in Serie A and I can't see him being part of Jose's plans.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Won't get sucked into this one. Perez are probably preparing a bid since he needs his seasonal muppet fill, and he will choose Real over us.

Also the obvious Manchester United links will appear even more with this guy due to him playing for us before, us being used by Juve \ Pogba's agent to boost interest and wages from Real etc.