RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
What's the craic with that BabuYagu poster there these days? He seems to have taken over from PhaseofPlay in the RAWK guru stakes. Everything he posts they take as gospel, regularly tagging him in posts asking his opinion on matters etc.

They truly are a weird bunch.
It's @Pexbo 's account

Spirit of Solskjaer

"Lukaku will score them goals, but Ibrahimovic did last season. Their issues go deeper than that, and it is funny to note how little is being made of the fact that with some more composure West Ham might have had 3 goals themselves."

Imaginary clear goal scoring chances.
Sorry about quoting a post from quite a few pages back, but this is perhaps my favourite nonsense line that rival fans produce time and time again whenever we win in an attempt to discredit it (okay, perhaps this applies the other way round as well).

That is, taking the shots on target the other team had as evidence that they could've/should've scored more. As if Premier League matches where one team doesn't register a shot on target were a common occurrence :wenger: Completely ignoring the tiny little fact that the rate by which teams put those shots away in one end and the keeper saves/defenders block shots at the other are actually quite an important part of what makes a good side. But no, we're shit and should've lost because De Gea saves shots and our defenders pressure attackers to miss their chances while our forwards put the ball in the net from theirs.

Actually, you could make the argument that any shot is just "some more composure" away from a goal. Afterall, if you're in a position to get a shot away, then a hard and precise enough shot will result in a goal. So by the same token with some more composure Brighton could have had six against Man City on Saturday and Watford could've scored nine. "Funny to note how little is being made of the fact" :rolleyes:

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Sorry about quoting a post from quite a few pages back, but this is perhaps my favourite nonsense line that rival fans produce time and time again whenever we win in an attempt to discredit it (okay, perhaps this applies the other way round as well).

That is, taking the shots on target the other team had as evidence that they could've/should've scored more. As if Premier League matches where one team doesn't register a shot on target were a common occurrence :wenger: Completely ignoring the tiny little fact that the rate by which teams put those shots away in one end and the keeper saves/defenders block shots at the other are actually quite an important part of what makes a good side. But no, we're shit and should've lost because De Gea saves shots and our defenders pressure attackers to miss their chances while our forwards put the ball in the net from theirs.

Actually, you could make the argument that any shot is just "some more composure" away from a goal. Afterall, if you're in a position to get a shot away, then a hard and precise enough shot will result in a goal. So by the same token with some more composure Brighton could have had six against Man City on Saturday and Watford could've scored nine. "Funny to note how little is being made of the fact" :rolleyes:
The point stands though, if West Ham scored those 3 imaginary chances, we'd still be ahead of Liverpool in the table. How terrible must they be?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Hmm, we should have had 23 against West Ham.

I'll allow it.

Peanut Butter

Had a quick look at RAWK's half time Hoffenheim thread.

LOTS of posters complaining about Pool's non existent midfield and defence.

Every single RAWK 'Member Of Staff' shoots down any tiny bit of criticism.

It's mental over there. How do they have so many members still?

Agila Dathi

Doesn't quite realise winning the PL gets you in the CL.
tbf Arsenal have been doing exactly that for a few years now, as long as they qualified for CL they were happy. Will be interesting to watch them this season, they really have to end up in top 4.

Stactix

Not from RAWK but an amusing recap of Liverpools recent 'banter era'
It's probably a Utd fan but funny all the less.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Brilliant read that, what a decade it's been for the Dippers so far, long may it continue.

Djemba-Djemba

What a fantastic post, a real lovely trip down memory lane reading all that.

We truly have been blessed with Liverpool in the last few years, a ridiculous hilarious mess of a club.

Grylte

thatsthejoke.jpg
Didn't look like a pisstake account, atleast not by the name, so i assumed he meant the 14 season the PL has existed. Chelsea is younger, atleast if you count from when the russian mafia took over.

shaky

Didn't look like a pisstake account, atleast not by the name, so i assumed he meant the 14 season the PL has existed. Chelsea is younger, atleast if you count from when the russian mafia took over.
The 14 seasons the PL has existed? of which we've won 13?

Moonred

He is obviously joking mate. There's another clue: 3.4 points per game.

Grylte

He is obviously joking mate. There's another clue: 3.4 points per game.
You're obviously right, i didn't look at the numbers, just read the text, from the phone.

Let's all just pretend i didn't write that post!

montpelier

PoP II on fire after the Hoff game - I think he's saying

''Hoff were quite good, LFC being shite defending down the left side was planned genius from Klopp who wanted to get in down the right side with Hoff drawn over to the LFC left'' - where he had even more cunningly placed Alberto Moreno

There's a pair of helpful picto-diagram illustrations to show all of this, that I *think* are related, but who knows really, :wenger:.

Last edited:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I wonder if the guy's on a wind-up: one looks like an ultrasound scan of St Paul's, and the other a Binatone Space Invaders game.

montpelier

They're all terrifically impressed, especially this guy, who also thrusts a diagram-illustration hybrid into the fray.

You can't argue with his conclusion though.

I would be in humility valley. I know enough to know that say I know almost nothing at all. Or more accurately in terms of RAWK, I know enough to know all the people who believe football is very simple, Moreno is shite, Lovren shite, and they have the answer to our failings are definitely wrong. The next step for me would be to quit my job, properly invest time into understanding this in depth rather than the basics and start trying to work on this area on some level to properly test my knowledge.

Almost everybody on RAWK who is insisting on their simple answers to our problems are on mount stupid

so I snipped it there for comedy purposes but we want to be fair (:() & he actually finishes

Most of their arguments are "I don't care what you say/evidence you have... I know that (insert opinion here that is supported with zero study or hands on coaching experience".
Folk what have done coaching or studied coaching ONLY then - maybe he's trying to ban himself, :D.

Last edited:

Mindhunter

This is really funny. Only thing probably missing is Gerard getting red-carded seconds after getting subbed in during his final game at OT.

JohnZSmith27

This is really funny. Only thing probably missing is Gerard getting red-carded seconds after getting subbed in during his final game at OT.
It's in there. You just have to click "more replies". A wonderful moment in their recent history.

lewwoo

I don't think he's been on there long bless him.

I'm certainly supporting, no doubt about that. I do enjoy shooting the shit with other reds on here and I thought its topic worth talking about.
This forum wouldn't be half as compelling if everyone stayed clear of taboo and stuck to company lines.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
PoP II on fire after the Hoff game - I think he's saying

''Hoff were quite good, LFC being shite defending down the left side was planned genius from Klopp who wanted to get in down the right side with Hoff drawn over to the LFC left'' - where he had even more cunningly placed Alberto Moreno

There's a pair of helpful picto-diagram illustrations to show all of this, that I *think* are related, but who knows really, :wenger:.

Is that heatmap not actually showing most activity for Hoffenheim down their left, and Liverpool's right?

Katalinski

It was never going to be a free ride; however, with Suarez and BR's team finally beginning to gel, there was a window of opportunity. That opportunity became optimism once David Moyes started to fail and as you mentioned we mounted a challenge. We sold Suarez to Barca and had a lot of cash to spend. In order for us to close the gap, we needed a strong transfer window. We courted Alexis Sanchez, he chose London. We then spent money on average players that didn't even keep us on par of team that challenged for the title.

BR left, in came Klopp. Supposed to fit in with FSG's strategy of taking the club forward. For once, it seemed that a manager who was capable of achieving the FSG model of developing talent instead of buying quality. That approach has lead to our best players leaving for greener pastures, while our closest rivals continue to buy quality and get better and better. We, on the other hand, have had two summers to deal with the frailties of our defense and have yet to address it. We played Lucas and Klavan in Central Defense, while a French International in the squad sits on the bench.

This summer was supposed to be a massive summer for us. We have a chance to make it to the Champions League and what we needed was a statement of intent from the owners and the manager that showed we care enough to stay there long term. There is something fundamentally dysfunctional. Whether it is at the ownership level, the management level or a combination, only people behind the scenes know. We have been courting targets this summer and have gone a very wrong way about it while others have quietly gone and done their business. Our best player seems to be on the verge of leaving and we still don't have any sort of replacement lined up.

It seems our team will be good going forward and scoring goals, but you have to ensure the other team scores 1 less than you, else it doesn't matter! Ever since Steve Clarke left the backroom staff, we have not had a solid defense (post-Rafa / Pako mind you). In addition, there was Jamie Carragher who didn't mind grabbing someone and shouting in their face. I don't see that in today's team.

Man Utd signed Lukaku, who was easily one of the best strikers in the PL. You play him around better players and the results are going to be obvious. Our best striker can't last a sub appearance without hurting himself. The comparisons/contrasts can go on forever and you can really pick ANY topic and beat a dead horse to prove your point the fact is, until the glaring fundamental dysfunctionality if fixed at LFC, I, unfortunately, see the gap widening over time and sadly makes me wait more and more to see us win a trophy. And as far as the referring decisions/excuses go, let's not open a can of worms as we all know your beloved manager has spent considerable time in the stands bemoaning referees and giving multiple excuses when it suits him :D

As I said, we can pick anything and keep going in circles :)

Cheers
It's obvious you have a gift of narrative art. You should write Book of Kopites 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.