RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulRich

Seems Flanno's gone from the Scouse Cafu to utter dogshit in the space of three seasons.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The standard of this thread is getting worse these days. Rawk meltdown thread used to be gold mine, now it's a lannister mine.

The rafa rant, slippy slip, crystanbul, suarez being a racist, the golden glove, oh.. Those were the days
Unsurprising. It's always better if they can realistically win something.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
No, how does this happen? We had similar numbers last year, and we were tearing our hair out at the lack of clinical finishing. I never understood how so many shots on target never get a goal. Is it bad luck, is it the nature of play, is it a mental issue?
Shootinho as someone called him, he shoots from every angle and thinks he's Gerrard/Scholes.

JohnZSmith27

Logic

The last time we won this cup the manager was fired. If you think this has put Klopp's job in jeopardy you are mistaken.

What we did achieve:

1 more match for Phil coming back from his 'back injury'
1 full match for Chamberlain in his bedding in to our intensity and tactics
45 minutes for Woodburn
90 minutes for Gomez in central defence
90 minutes for Solsnke

All against a PL opponent, not some League 1 club.

It may not seem like it now, but we made progress towards a decent season despite losing.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Before:
Loads of changes by Klopp, youth and hunger to drive us onwards and upwards.
We look well onto power of these at the moment, Klopp seems Cooley Confident on the sidelines.
Ox and Phil trie a one two in the box but Phill puts too much on the two and the ball is out for a goal kick, but we regain possession again, Gini finds Philr and we build again.
We break them down like a kid smashing their biscuits but yet the bits fly every which way and so does the ball, across the mouth of goal but no real bite.
We're beating on Leicester like a fat kid on a sweet shop door a minute after it should have opened
We're at 74% possession.
Leicester offered nothing whatsoever.
Gini has a knee in the buttock from their keeper, maybe a dead arse?
I've already seen this movie.
We won it five times echoes around the crisp bowl.
Chilwell grapples Ings' neck but the ref has brought his own rule book now.
Game fizzles out, ref puts us out of our misery, and ramps up the pressure on the Rawk servers.
After:
Dog shit from the side. Absolute dog shit.
Have we made a comeback in a game since Dortmund?
Hey look, we conceded that exact same goal we've conceded in nearly every single match.
Trying not to be pissed off but looked like we didn't give a shit after ht.
Our best chance of silverware this season... gone.
I'm tired of these draws
Anyone saying or suggesting there is positives from that is a c*nt
We're like a skilful boxer who has pillow fists and a glass jaw.
Impressive that we brought out a sequel to that Saturday Blockbuster so quickly!!
The curse of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain....
Can't score, can't defend, midfield doesn't protect the defence or show enough creativity going forward, keepers are dodgy. Otherwise, solid enough.
We're so predictable it's pathetic and sickening at the same time. Give us a ton of possession, watch us either do feck all with it most of the time or waste chance after chance and then wait for the inevitable defensive feck up or two from us. Because that's absolutely guaranteed when it comes to our defense. I don't even want to watch Klopp's post-match interview because it's bound to be the same bollocks we've heard time and time again, yet nothing ever changes.
It just feels like one of those seasons, not trying to wind anyone up already but it does. We can only win one cup now in all honesty, if you think we can win the league or the CL then pass me the morphine.
High pressing? Low pressing?
Tonight we did howdy pressing.
2 shots 2 goals.
48 shots, can't hit a barn door.
Heavy Metal football aint working for us needs to turn the volume down and play like an Orchestra ya feel.
Something about this season is just resembling the end of the Benitez and Rodgers eras and it's really not a nice feeling.
We've just paid 30m for the most over rated player in English football. Apart from Ward, Robertson and Woodburn, the rest can all feck off.
We're desperate for 2 top quality defenders, a covering midfielder and a coach to work with them. On top of that we need a couple of leaders, one which would become the captain. Our current captain goes into hiding.
And to think Rodgers got sacked for results like these.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Are they comparing our troubles in front of goal to theirs? In our case it was nearly always the Gk pulling off a worldie like Heaton's save from point blank range. I didn't watch the game yesterday, but against Burnley they hardly had a shot that troubled the keeper greatly. Most of the shots were by Coutinho and they just distort the stats in Pool's favour

Natener

Before:

After:
"Can't score, can't defend, midfield doesn't protect the defence or show enough creativity going forward, keepers are dodgy. Otherwise, solid enough."
Attack failed, midfield failed, defence failed, goalkeeping failed. Otherwise, what's left for otherwise??!

Alabaster Codify7

The boxer analogy is the best I've heard. What's the point of being a skilled striker in combat sports if you have poor striking defence and a paper chin to back you up?

Loving how quickly the boom-bust cycle is progressing!

Red Stone

The bust has come too early this season. The really hilarious and memorable busts are the ones where they actually have time to get their hopes up. The Season of The Slip probably got a bit too close for comfort, but in hindsight it's one of the funniest things ever to happen in the Premier League.

This season is going to be a dud in comparison if they keep this up.

Last edited:

trfc06

Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Anyone else notice that flopps best season was when he had Rogers team to play? OK they finished 8th (average for them) but he made 2 cup finals along the way (lost both obvs)

Then he starts to change the setup they way he wants to play (ie the one and only way he knows) and changes players to what he wants, and they actually start becoming a worst team! Something I find incredible as they were already pretty shit for a long time

Well done that man

The Purley King

The bust has come too early this season. The really hilarious and memorable busts are the ones where they actually have time to get their hopes up. The Season of The Slip probably got a bit too close to comfort, but in hindsight it's one of the funniest things ever to happen in the Premier League.

I think I'd prefer a prolonged run of appalling form meaning they get to Christmas in 12-14th place. Would provide so much more material.
Plus I was shitting it in 2013-14, if Liverpool had won that would have been horrible. Don't want to have to go through that again, although I agree the fallout was something to behold.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
The bust has come too early this season. The really hilarious and memorable busts are the ones where they actually have time to get their hopes up. The Season of The Slip probably got a bit too close to comfort, but in hindsight it's one of the funniest things ever to happen in the Premier League.

I agree with this, it's all very well enjoying watching their season collapsing from the outset - but not a patch on watching their title challenge fall apart like in '13/14.

The looks on their faces in the crowd as Crystal Palace somehow turned into Barcelona and made it 3-3, the Stevie G "this does not slip" - followed, literally, by a slip, the Suarez tears, the Demba Ba winner, Mourinho over-celebrating at Anfield; man it was glorious.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
As quoted by Parry Gallister:
" Impossible to judge the game when there is this kind of bollocks being spouted every time things get a bit difficult"

Um... I thought you judged a game just by watching it.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
:lol: twats banned me for "not being interesting enough".

So keeping a low profile doesn't work...

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The bust has come too early this season. The really hilarious and memorable busts are the ones where they actually have time to get their hopes up. The Season of The Slip probably got a bit too close for comfort, but in hindsight it's one of the funniest things ever to happen in the Premier League.

United have won umpteen honours in my lifetime, and I've enjoyed every single one immensely, but the culmination to the 2013/14 Premier League season is my favourite thing in all my years of watching football. It's quite possibly my favourite thing of all time, full stop. It genuinely was that good. Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea. Crystanbul.

It was the best week of my life.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I know what you mean but I'm loving it tbh

Cal?

CR7 fan
United have won umpteen honours in my lifetime, and I've enjoyed every single one immensely, but the culmination to the 2013/14 Premier League season is my favourite thing in all my years of watching football. It's quite possibly my favourite thing of all time, full stop. It genuinely was that good. Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea. Crystanbul.

It's kind of sad that Scouse misery is more important to you than United glory.

But this was the moment Jose became a United legend, long before he become the manager.

Red Stone

United success always comes first, but watching Liverpool crumble after Rafa's FACHT rant and the slip heard around the world are probably my favourite non-United moments in football.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Maureen resting just 4 key players tonight for match against Burton. He'll burn them all out at this rate.

At least Jurgen is resting key players for the league and CL.
Ffs..

Status
Not open for further replies.