RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

Irrational.

Such a wonderful child like quality to this post in the 'next five games' thread. Basically took two goals off last year and it seemed to work for the previous games, wonder what happens whe he projects forward.....

zabadoh

• Legend
  • Walk on with hope in your heart

Re: How many points would you expect in the next 5 league games - 2014/15 edition
« Reply #290 on: November 24, 2014, 04:33:22 AM »

Given that we're scoring an average of about 1.5 goals less per match compared to last season, and our defense is performing at about the same level as last season, here is what our next 11 matches (all of which we won last season) look like with 2 goals subtracted from our score each match from last season's equivalent results:

For example, our next match is home against Stoke. Last season we won this match 1-0. Subtract 2 goals for -1-0, account for the minimum score of 0, and the prediction is a 0-0 draw.

Predict D Liverpool 0–0 Stoke City
Predict L Leicester City (Norwich City) 2–1 Liverpool
Predict L Liverpool 0–1 Sunderland
Predict W Manchester United 0–1 Liverpool
Predict W Liverpool 3–1 Arsenal
Predict L Burnley (Fulham) 2–1 Liverpool
Predict L Liverpool 2–3 Swansea City
Predict W Liverpool 3–1 Leicester City (Norwich City)
Predict D Sunderland 1–1 Liverpool
Predict D Aston Villa 0–0 Liverpool
Predict W Liverpool 2–1 West Ham United

So how did this predictive method perform against matches that have already happened? Not the actual final score, just W, L or D

Predict L Liverpool 0–1 Southampton (actual W 3-1) wrong
Predict L Manchester City 2–0 Liverpool (actual L 3-1) correct
Predict W Tottenham Hotspur 0–3 Liverpool (actual W 0-3) correct + score match!
Predict L Liverpool 0–2 Aston Villa (actual L 0-1) correct
Predict L West Ham United 1–0 Liverpool (actual L 3-1) correct
Predict W Liverpool 2–0 Everton (actual D 1-1) wrong
Predict W Liverpool 2–1 West Bromwich Albion (actual W 2-1) correct + score match!
Predict W QPR (Cardiff City) 3–4 Liverpool (actual W 2-3) correct
Predict D Liverpool 0–0 Hull City (actual D 0-0) correct + score match!
Predict L Newcastle United 2–0 Liverpool (actual L 1-0) correct
Predict L Liverpool 0–2 Chelsea (actual L 1-2) correct
Predict L Crystal Palace 3–1 Liverpool (actual L 3-1) correct + score match!

So, just subtracting 2 goals from our score from last season's equivalent result correctly predicted the WLD in 10 out of 12 matches, and correctly predicted the score in 4 out of 12.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:57:14 AM by zabadoh »
“It's impossible,” said Pride. “It's risky,” said Experience. “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Also later he admits that's he's superstitious and so having worn the shirt when liverpool lost, he'll never be able to wear it in public again, one less FKW walking the streets, such a shame
That is an utterly new level of psychosis. So many unanswered questions. How did he pick out the arbitrary number 2 out of thin air? What the feck is a -1-0?

Only on RAWK :lol:

montpelier

That is an utterly new level of psychosis. So many unanswered questions. How did he pick out the arbitrary number 2 out of thin air? What the feck is a -1-0?

Only on RAWK :lol:
tbf, for their overall performance it works out better & more accurately than their other efforts - the Alternative Prem & those scary graphs

BorisontheRock

tbf, for their overall performance it works out better & more accurately than their other efforts - the Alternative Prem & those scary graphs
Only when you apply it looking backwards which of course was going to be the case as that's how he got the -1.5 goals anyway!!

As a predictor its 0 for 3. Let's hope 0 for 4 and 1 for 5!!

VanGaalEra

They truly swear by that Alternative Premier League table.

What's the odds on them deserting it in a couple of weeks time when it has them at the bottom on about -20?

jaimoe

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Found this on RAWK.

Looks like Rodgers finally managed to get ahead of himself and Hodgson.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Wasn't a bad shout in the summer to be fair.

What he's managed to do from where he was is nothing short of remarkable to be honest, deserves all the credit in the world.
Yeah, plenty of their fans were calling for his head in pre-season after a couple of awful results.
Plenty of West Ham and Newcastle fans have had to eat their words this season.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Feeling down? Under the weather? Like you could use some cheering up? Then take a gander at the first pages of this thread!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315516

Laughter™. The best medicine.
Was impressed one guy said Pelle would be a surprise big hit...but then he ruined it by saying Sanchez would flop. Am sure any pre-season prediction thread on here would look equally crap. Southampton and West Ham ffs.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
How are our friends over there doing? Also, do we still trail them in alternate universe table?

vibe

I'm still curious whether Liverpool actually, genuinely, with a hand on their heart believed they were going to finish above us this season, or if they were just pretending for the sake of banter.

Because if they truly thought last season was anything more than an anomaly, then I don't know what to tell them...

Crackers

greasy ginfers
That's the first time I've seen United in quite a while. I thought they were error prone at the back, slow in midfield and disjointed up front. The two differences between is and them at the moment is they can defend set pieces and can score from nothing.

If we stop Shitting ourselves for five minutes we should go there with not a lot to fear. Keeping our concentration is half the battle because they'll get frustrated and impatient if we don't gift them anything and theyre as sloppy on the ball again on Sunday.
They're well ahead of us and may well be further ahead come Sunday so......

Crackers

greasy ginfers
A 10 point gap and we would need either a second half like last season for us or a season half of last season for them! We have to win at the weekend, a 4 point gap is not a great deal and it would take some air out of their inbred balloon. Our performance level needs to be much higher than it has been this season so far to win though. If nothing else I hope Rickie or someone else smashes that feckers Felliani's face in.
They're getting nervous.
:devil:

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I would love just a no nonsense composed 2-0 win.
No hammering, no fuss, just knock the ball about nicely and slot two lovely worked taps ins past them and be done.

It won't be that though, it will be like watching two brain damaged 45 year old heavy weights slugging it out for 90 minutes.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Must be something in the water in Merseyside. According to Jamie Carragher, we've gone back to being lucky United. Today, fair enough but he really is the epitome of your classic Liverpool fan putting our success down to luck.

I'm still curious whether Liverpool actually, genuinely, with a hand on their heart believed they were going to finish above us this season, or if they were just pretending for the sake of banter.

Because if they truly thought last season was anything more than an anomaly, then I don't know what to tell them...
I think many of them did, yes. Reading a bit on the Norwegian Liverpool page, and one guy is saying that he genuinely believed that they were better than us player by player last season, and that it didn't have that much to do with Suarez and Sturridge.