RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I wonder what RAWK think of this artistic masterclass:

Reminds me of the Alan Partridge episode with the stalker.
just look at the facial expressions. The guy seem so happy while Klopp''s expression is that of a playboy who added another one to his score

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"I wish Rafa Jurgen was my dad."

Well, in fairness it's a rather touching picture. However, it seems like LFC fans are always looking for a messiah.

SteveJ

Scout
But seriously...shameful, cowardly behaviour:

Stewards Confiscated my Cards - ridiculous

RAWKite said:
Last night I lent my cards to a mate who wanted to take his 3 kids (13, 11 and 9) for an Xmas present. They were all sitting in the Anfield Rd Lower. At 80 mins a steward with a police officer came along to 'spot check' their cards, explaining that they were investigating people profiteering from ticket sales. He then confiscated the tickets and left my mate having to leave early with a 9 year old in tears, afraid her dad may have been jailed.

I contacted the club this morning who explained that the cards had been suspended and that a process whereby they would write to me and review the situation after I have responded in writing to them would be followed. The upshot being I won't be going to the United game on Sunday.

The cynic in me is saying that the club is wanting to retrieve seats for their own use. I'm seriously disgusted with LFC. Truth is they don't deserve the support that we all give them and that they take for granted. If they want to stamp out touting how's about increasing stewards outside the ground, not targeting a man and his 3 kids at 80 minutes?

Nothing short of downright pathetic...

RAWKite 2 said:
Y'know, if they just made it fecking easier to buy tickets then perhaps people wouldn't have to put themselves in these situations. I mean, it's not like the club don't make enough money from the TV rights, the shitty corporate hospitality, the useless fecking memberships that they want everyone to have, the shirt sales in four corners of the globe. Or maybe they're just missing out on an opportunity to sell family tickets, you know, to perhaps encourage the next generation of fans to go and support their idols. Heck, they could even have had a special offer on at Christmas to sell them as presents. Plenty of new markets for them to explore.

Nope, just another blood-sucking, money grabbing corporate monster that is beyond giving less than a feck about the people that provide that 'special atmosphere' they are so keen to fecking monetise in far flung corners of the world. What the feck happened to the club that I love, and for those who just want to take their kids to see Liverpool play? I've had enough of the gentrification of football by corporate parasites, it's beyond a fecking joke these days.

hubbuh

But seriously...shameful, cowardly behaviour:

Stewards Confiscated my Cards - ridiculous
It is scandalous. Though I imagine it'd be the same at most clubs these days. Owners don't have a modicum of respect for the little man. It is a put up and shut up situation and it sucks

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Presumably it says either on the card or in the terms & conditions that the card is non-transferable, so they are quite within their right to carry out a spot check. Most of the people who lend/sell their tickets to other United fans on here are doing the same though.

There should be a mechanism for you to log into your account online, or something, and register that you are lending your card to such and such a person for a particular match, they could even charge a nominal admin charge of a couple of quid. After all, they must want the stadium to be full all the time, as long as the seat is paid for, what should it matter who sits in it? Of course, this would not work at Shitty, because as they have far more seats than match going fans :smirk:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Thing is, Klopp wasn't even the first one to call himself "the normal one" - Ranieri said it in the summer as well! "Unoriginal one" more like!!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
No reaction over there to Klopp praising SAF and calling him the John Lennon of football?

I know they hate SAF over there but I can't see them throwing their toys out against messiAH Klopp :lol:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
No reaction over there to Klopp praising SAF and calling him the John Lennon of football?

I know they hate SAF over there but I can't see them throwing their toys out against messiAH Klopp :lol:
That's like Moyes saying we aspire to be like Man City :lol:

Hammerfell

The only comment on that you'll get is along the lines of "Shame he hasn't met the same end la".

SteveJ

Scout

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Nope. The Guardian mentions it though:

http://www.theguardian.com/football...l-alex-ferguson-john-lennon-manchester-united

Meanwhile...

Jürgen Klopp says timing and loyalty stopped him joining Manchester United:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/15/jurgen-klopp-manchester-united-sir-alex-ferguson
Yeah seems he has huge respect for SAF & vice versa.
That's like Moyes saying we aspire to be like Man City :lol:
:lol:

The only comment on that you'll get is along the lines of "Shame he hasn't met the same end la".
Imagine if Woy said it whilst he was pool manager. :lol:

SteveJ

Scout
I hope Gerrard has been on the phone to a few of the lads and Klopp to be honest, to remind them what this game means.
:lol:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
'cards' meaning season tickets right? I know people who share because they can't afford a full season, are clubs starting to stamp down on this? Seems pretty scummy.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
'cards' meaning season tickets right? I know people who share because they can't afford a full season, are clubs starting to stamp down on this? Seems pretty scummy.
Clubs are cnuts to fans.