RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

itso 7

OT but I couldn't let that slide. Blind and Rojo have been as good as most players ever are in their first season. Blind in particular was being rated up there with Herrera until the very last three or four games of the season. And injuries or not, I for one am extremely pleased Shaw is on our books right now, not Chelsea's.
But the fact remains that of that group only Herrera is an unqualified success, so far. Saying others aren't doesn't mean that the others are failures.

RedorDead21

That's because we have significantly deeper pockets, last year we spent £150m and just Herrera could be said to be a certified success but twelve months later we have just spent another 80 odd million! If Liverpool spend their Sterling windfall on Benteke and he flops, they are screwed.
No mention of debt now fergie and winning trophies has gone eh....

itso 7

Ok. So it's a fairly empty statement then.
How is it empty? I said we are better positioned to absorb the negative impact of a big money signing that fails to workout whereas they aren't, explaining why last season people here weren't concerned with overpaying on transfer fees. Last year we spent £150m signing a LB, a CB, 2 CMs, a winger cum CM and this season we could get close to that mark again having signed 2 CMs, a winger and a RB all of which tells me that our first spending spree wasn't as successful as we wanted. If Blind and Rojo had worked out we wouldn't be looking at spending the best part of £80m on their positions.

itso 7

No mention of debt now fergie and winning trophies has gone eh....
The debt is not an operational matter, it's a capital one and our market capitalisation has grown to levels that make it insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The same people that brought it to finance the takeover now have an option to give up a tiny portion of their stake in the club to make it go away, the fact that they haven't shows that they are comfortable with it.

As for trophies, well we are in the midst of spending ourselves out of a hole we dug ourselves into by spending half a decade shopping in the bargain basement and fecking up the most important succession in football history.

pacifictheme

But the fact remains that of that group only Herrera is an unqualified success, so far. Saying others aren't doesn't mean that the others are failures.
Herrera wasn't an unqualified success. He ended the season well and showed some passion but he had some shockers as well. He was the best signing for sure, but unqualified? Nah.

pacifictheme

He had maybe 2 or 3 bad games all season.
And he wasn't motm in the rest. The way people bang on about him you'd think he was Messi. I like him and he was good for us last season, but unqualified success, nope.

ChaddyP

Truly gone into meltdown tonight - a page of locked threads, for some reason:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0
Bloody hell. That macca guy is a real cuntasaurus :lol:

rawkish mod said:
NEXT TIME I READ "IF BENTEKE DOESN'T WORK OUT, RODGERS WILL GET SACKED" OR WORDS TO THAT EFFECT, EVERY feckING THREAD ON HERE IS GETTING CLOSED.

GANG OF feckING HELMETS.

Have five minutes to think about whether you want to be the twat who gets everything closed for everyone else.

Oh, and I'll make sure you can't post on the transfer forum again too, just in case you fancy trying to be a funny fecker.

RAWK funny fecker said:
This signing will make or break Rodgers time at Liverpool though IMO

rawkish mod said:
Locked for the night. Find another site to discuss Benteke, if you feel like making the same point for the 50th time, but this time to a new audience.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

krazyrobus

What in the hell!. First the latin, then the locked threads. Implosion galore!

dasty

That's a real proper meltdown by the North Korean mods :lol::lol::lol:

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Now this is more like it :lol: If the RAWKites themselves won't deliver, then you can always rely on their Stazi mods to help fill the void.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Wow, that place has gone proper crazy even by its own incredibly high standards.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As much as Blind has his limitations and I have pointed them out a million times in here. He has been a very good signing for us. A real steady Eddie and also an intelligent player who can play many positions. I'm glad he is in the squad but for me we need better quality for our starting 11 but in no way is this guy anything other than a success in his first season.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I don't think he's the lumbering targetman that some are implying, but it would seem an odd signing. With my summer optimism in the competency of all employed by Liverpool FC, I'm assuming smokescreen until we sign him.
This guy thinks that signing Benteke is some sort of smokescreen -- and so the conspiracies start.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
If rawk was a squirrel it would be living in a maisonette run by a nazi neighborhood watch, all the while looking through its window staring at the trees.
A comment from TLW's RAWK thread :lol:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
:lol: First meltdown of the season is the signing of Benteke then? Strange.

montpelier

Talent is like flour - without the work put in to season, mould and let it rise in the refrigerator, followed by lovingly baked in the oven it will always remain like a moist, cold, half eaten doughnut instead of a fragrant, fresh-off-the-oven croissant.

"I want it to be place at the front counter and priced at the same as those fitting to be consumed by dukes and duchesses", said the young chef to the shopkeeper.

montpelier

on Fowler's book. Middle of quote disregarded for being vaguely sensible, sandwiched between...

I have just finished reading his auto-biography , it cost me a pound in the 99p store to buy..
...I felt sorry for him reading the book, when in all honesty, it should have been a completely different story then the one which unfolded.

clarkydaz

It's mind-blowing, it really is. We get these huge piles of money and instantly spend it all in a completely ridiculous way. Could see this happening for weeks: City overpay, Sterling leaves, Benteke signs. It's an absolutely vast amount of cash, and the first thing we do with it is look for a player at a mid table premier league club to waste it all on.
:D

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol: So true though.

I do think Benteke is a good signing though but I expect his price and the pressure the Liverpool fans and media to put on him will have a negative impact on his performances.

stevoc

It's mind-blowing, it really is. We get these huge piles of money and instantly spend it all in a completely ridiculous way. Could see this happening for weeks: City overpay, Sterling leaves, Benteke signs. It's an absolutely vast amount of cash, and the first thing we do with it is look for a player at a mid table premier league club to waste it all on.
The Liverpool way for many years.