RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's funny to see the way they constantly try and find a negative for us when talking about Zlatan.

It started with 'He's old and will flop'
Then it was 'He's done ok but lets see how Grandad handles the Xmas period'
Now it's 'He won't be around much longer and his form will drop off soon, not worried'.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
This pool fan is brilliant.

That's Manhattan Doc, under a different twitter alias.

He used to post on RAWK and regularly featured in older incarnations of this thread but got banned from there because, well you can see why.

He's the best Liverpool fan to follow on twitter if you want some variation in your timeline. I tried to get him to join here one time, reckon he'd be brilliant. He fecking despises us though, but at least he's funny about it.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Tbf, reading through the last few pages has made me laugh. Been snowed in work and not up to speed.
They do gallows humour well- beats our whiney shite.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Unity is strength:
feck me. We're bollocks.
The bleeding poop of a cherry on a very haemorrhoidy cake.
Well I enjoyed that glorious 1 game winning run.
Keep pissing the bed, you shower of fecking blerts.
Piss off with that. They've been absolutely shite and are rightly being called out for it.
Pile of dog wank
IT. IS. HALF. TIME. NOT. FULL. TIME.
You dickherad
Gonna set my cat on fire I'm so fecked off.

Last edited:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
:lol: I feel sorry for these people's pets tbh. What they must go through...

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
They're the ultimate game-raisers when it comes to playing the top sides, so they won't lose to Arsenal this weekend.

I reckon we'll see a 2-2 draw which would still be a solid result for us, but if anyone wins, it'll be the Scousers.
Nah, it's not game-raising. Gangnam style is most effective against teams trying to play ball, pass it around, build up...

Their problem isn't just breaking down parked buses but how quickly a ball can get from recovery to the feet of a forward running at Klavan, Lucas or Mignolet.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Mail to F365 Mailbox quoting one of our posts

Rafa is not the answer
Liverpool FC; The ultimate game raisers. Just watch them beat Arsenal now.

I did wonder how long it would take Liverpool fans to begin the call for Rafa to return. Would this be the same Rafa Benitez who besides fluking a Champions League trophy in 2005 and admittedly, admirably driving them to the final again in 2007 achieved the grand total of diddly squat in the Premier League in five full seasons other than finishing second once? Would this be the same Rafa Benitez who couldn’t handle the pressure of a title race and cracked up? Would this be the same Rafa Benitez who had a rather rotten transfer record bar a few hits (Torres, Alonso, Reina, Kuyt, Mascherano)? Would this be the same Rafa Benitez whose bizarre tactics and substitutions alienated his own captain and best player?

I saw a rather interesting post on a forum last night which stated; “I’ve said this before, possibly in this thread, but their support has had a problem since Benitez was in charge. Hodgson notwithstanding, they deify their managers before they’ve even done anything for them. It’s one thing to support a new manager, but they go to extremes and it means any rational criticism of whoever’s in charge is drowned out by the hordes screaming about how the glory days are just around the corner.

Benitez, despite doing bugger all for the best part of five years was lauded as the best manager in the world, and treated as a martyr that had fallen on his sword to oust the pernicious owners. Hodgson got the immediate backlash to that and was unfortunate in the timing of when he got the job, and after being given no money to spend on improving a mid-table squad was sacked and replaced with Dalglish, and thus the deification started again. The King had returned to take Liverpool back to the top. That didn’t quite pan out so the brightest and best young manager in world football was brought in with fresh ideas and a new outlook, but that didn’t work either, so now they’re with Klopp, who again is the world’s best manager, motivator and all-round top guy, and that’ll last until the next poor sod takes the job and he’s put on a pedestal.”

Sums it up perfectly.

Rafa wasn’t the answer seven years ago and most certainly isn’t now. Who is, I have no idea? It will take more than a managerial change to bring Liverpool back to the glory days of yesteryear.
Christopher, Perth

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There was an interesting article a couple of years ago, "the **** of the Liverpool manager". They're a weird bunch.

montpelier

if we are doing non RAWK stuff, this is an absolute Worldie (albeit that's it's quite old too)

edit: - so old it's from around times when they winning the occasional Cup, :D

from here: http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk...hat-still-bugs-you-to-this-day-t22364-15.html

I know that Heysel was a tragedy, and the game shouldn't have continued, but thats probably my earliest recollection of LFC, (where i first considered them my team, yeah fck off i was a glory hunting little kid!) the penalty that never was, and stopped no.06, still pi55es me off.
I'm even moved to add the obvious disclaimer - that we do have to remember that they are not all like that.

Last edited:

prath92

Mail to F365 Mailbox quoting one of our posts

Rafa is not the answer
Liverpool FC; The ultimate game raisers. Just watch them beat Arsenal now.

I did wonder how long it would take Liverpool fans to begin the call for Rafa to return. Would this be the same Rafa Benitez who besides fluking a Champions League trophy in 2005 and admittedly, admirably driving them to the final again in 2007 achieved the grand total of diddly squat in the Premier League in five full seasons other than finishing second once? Would this be the same Rafa Benitez who couldn’t handle the pressure of a title race and cracked up? Would this be the same Rafa Benitez who had a rather rotten transfer record bar a few hits (Torres, Alonso, Reina, Kuyt, Mascherano)? Would this be the same Rafa Benitez whose bizarre tactics and substitutions alienated his own captain and best player?

I saw a rather interesting post on a forum last night which stated; “I’ve said this before, possibly in this thread, but their support has had a problem since Benitez was in charge. Hodgson notwithstanding, they deify their managers before they’ve even done anything for them. It’s one thing to support a new manager, but they go to extremes and it means any rational criticism of whoever’s in charge is drowned out by the hordes screaming about how the glory days are just around the corner.

Benitez, despite doing bugger all for the best part of five years was lauded as the best manager in the world, and treated as a martyr that had fallen on his sword to oust the pernicious owners. Hodgson got the immediate backlash to that and was unfortunate in the timing of when he got the job, and after being given no money to spend on improving a mid-table squad was sacked and replaced with Dalglish, and thus the deification started again. The King had returned to take Liverpool back to the top. That didn’t quite pan out so the brightest and best young manager in world football was brought in with fresh ideas and a new outlook, but that didn’t work either, so now they’re with Klopp, who again is the world’s best manager, motivator and all-round top guy, and that’ll last until the next poor sod takes the job and he’s put on a pedestal.”

Sums it up perfectly.

Rafa wasn’t the answer seven years ago and most certainly isn’t now. Who is, I have no idea? It will take more than a managerial change to bring Liverpool back to the glory days of yesteryear.
Christopher, Perth
wow @Alex99 is famous
I've said this before, possibly in this thread, but their support has had a problem since Benitez was in charge. Hodgson notwithstanding, they deify their managers before they've even done anything for them. It's one thing to support a new manager, but they go to extremes and it means any rational criticism of whoever's in charge is drowned out by the hordes screaming about how the glory days are just around the corner.

Benitez, despite doing bugger all for the best part of 5 years was lauded as the best manager in the world, and treated as a martyr that had fallen on his sword to oust the pernicious owners. Hodgson got the immediate backlash to that and was unfortunate in the timing of when he got the job, and after being given no money to spend on improving a mid-table squad was sacked and replaced with Dalglish, and thus the deification started again. The King had returned to take Liverpool back to the top. That didn't quite pan out so the brightest and best young manager in world football was brought in with fresh ideas and a new outlook, but that didn't work either, so now they're with Klopp, who again is the world's best manager, motivator and all-round top guy, and that'll last until the next poor sod takes the job and he's put on a pedestal.

Cantona_Forever

Deluded RAWKites said:
I was just picking you up on your use of the word unequivocal. Given we've won the same number of trophies, but ours have been the bigger trophies, I just found it odd that you claimed they were "now unequivocally the most successful club in England, based on major honours".

RAWK still believes they're level with us. :rolleyes:

You're not.

Last edited:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
That's the second time someone's used one of my posts on football 365.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Who was the bloke that thought he was a professional manager with his triangle diagrams?:confused:
PhaseOfPlay
Unfortunately its out of season for PhaseofPlay. He'll already have left in a huff for the season after his deep, philosophical musings on football strategy have come up against the hard wall of reality and led to his loyal followers turning on him. Their ingratitude for his genius will go unforgiven. Until next season.

Green_Red

Simon Mignolet,: "Back in the day, if you could stop Luis, you had a chance against Liverpool but now you have to face a whole team playing for each other and I guess that’s a lot harder. Now the danger comes from the strength and unity of the squad."

2 days later they lose 3-1 to leicester
When I pointed out the fact that LFC had no winners in the team at the start of rhe season on here the resident scousers reminded me that Milner had won the league and Can had won the champions league... im pissing myself now as much as I was then

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
When I pointed out the fact that LFC had no winners in the team at the start of rhe season on here the resident scousers reminded me that Milner had won the league and Can had won the champions league... im pissing myself now as much as I was then
Can has won the champions league? :confused:

prath92

Can was in leverkusen was he not?

Sparky10Legend

Spent the last 24 hours nosying at their FSG thread, they really are in a civil war.

Caught between desperately wanting to join us at the high table once more, buying players like Pogba, but not wanting to admit it.

"United have grown organically, why cant we?" for example.

Well guys:-

• Explosion growth is like the last bus, once you miss it, you get that sinking feeling inside. You know it will never happen again. Your mates gone home with a fit bird and you are walking 5 miles home.
  • You're 20 years too late (if not 25), At this moment in time we are STILL growing faster than them. That "explosion" growth is no longer available to you.
  • As much as you may mock some of our expensive misses (Falcao AdM etc) you realise that means regardless of "on the pitch" - we are still seen as a "super club", Zlatan, for example, wouldnt have gone to the dippers.
  • FSG put FSG first, the "only" way Liverpool can get back to the top table is by rolling the dice financially, even then any progress is quickly erased by bigger clubs cherry picking your best talent, like a bigger version of Southampton,if you like.
30 years ago Liverpool were 80% as big a club as United, now they are 50% as big, so that perch, its ours now. It will remain ours, for at least 40 years, because you cant even keep domestic talent happy anymore.

montpelier

Emre Didn't

At his parents’ home in Frankfurt are the two Champions League finalist medals – one runners-up, one winners’ – that Can was presented with as a Bayern Munich squad member in 2012 and 2013, although he never got as far as taking off his club suit. As a teenager, he was there on both occasions as part of the Bayern first team squad...
source: Torygraph

Phil Jones Face

Looks like they've quietly and unceremoniously closed their Zlatan thread, because they can't be having any of that praising a United player lark.

Peanut Butter

A few of them are back to deluding themselves that it will all change this summer when Klopp spends a fortune because apparently one theory is that he has been "saving the transfer kitty cash" for the end of this season :houllier:

Thisistheone

That's Manhattan Doc, under a different twitter alias.

He used to post on RAWK and regularly featured in older incarnations of this thread but got banned from there because, well you can see why.

He's the best Liverpool fan to follow on twitter if you want some variation in your timeline. I tried to get him to join here one time, reckon he'd be brilliant. He fecking despises us though, but at least he's funny about it.
Yeah been following him for a few years now. He's hilarious.

Well worth a follow, especially after a Liverpool defeat. Some of the stuff he comes out with...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A few of them are back to deluding themselves that it will all change this summer when Klopp spends a fortune because apparently one theory is that he has been "saving the transfer kitty cash" for the end of this season :houllier:
What thread are you looking in? Might have a look over there, could do with some entertainment.