Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Buying the best striker from the team that finished directly below you. Fergie-like. :drool:

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Will be interesting to see how he does.

My opinion is that there's very little between him and Morata and Lacazette. We've obviously paid a premium to get a Premier League-proven striker, and one who fits Mourinho's plans (comparing to Lacazette). At the end of the day, I think he'll do well, but probably not well enough to be called an indisputable success though.

That said, I'd absolutely love it if he's the one to shoot us back to the Premier League title. We need someone to bombard the lower level teams, and he has the potential to be that guy.

Utdstar01

Confused this attitude from lots of people - Madrid will be delighted to keep Morata it isnt some sort of loss for them
They've been trying to flog him to us for the last month and fleece the shit out of us while flirting with Mbappe.

James_42

Listening to talkshite right now and Jim White just said the deal still isn't done, so what's going on?

Ole90+3

What did people expect the fee to be?

Everton signed him for £30m 3 years ago. Considering the way the market has changed over the past year and the fact that Lukaku has had 2 really excellent goal scoring season since Everton's purchase, the transfer fee seems about right imo.

fitzmaurice

Just listening to Jim White on Talksport. Hes saying that his 'source' at Everton is saying that nothing has been agreed...

podurban2

Confused this attitude from lots of people - Madrid will be delighted to keep Morata it isnt some sort of loss for them
No they won't they want Mbappe but PSG can offer more now. They need(ed) the Morata money and a spot for Mbappe.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Scores 25 goals for Everton last season.

Some people on the CAF think he's not good enough...
:lol:
My concern with him is he can be anonymous in some games and is a bit of a flat track bully but as that was our problem last season I'm actually very excited about this now

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Doesn't matter if he is 'shit' against the big teams, you can win the league by beating the little 'uns. He can savage them.

Utdstar01

Not sure its over though, as I dont expect Chelsea to just watch unless he was never their prime target.
Lot of rumours saying negotiations broke down. Also the relationship between the two clubs has deteriorated. Also sure that the Rooney deal has helped this be swayed in our favour too.

Tiber

Lukaku has a bit of 'first touch like Rooney' syndrome. Never looked at him and thought "hope United go all out for him" and for 75m? Jesus christ. Sure hope I am missing something significant about him. Scores goals but a player to take us to the next level? I just don't see it

stu_1992

Holy shit, that came out of nowhere! Massive fee though thankfully not £100 million. He's a good player, though I have reservations, I've faith he can do well for us.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
They needed to balance the books with all their signings so far in the summer and 75m (possibly upfront) is too good of an offer to refuse. Hope we sign Fabinho along with him.

GrandJury

Don't know how to feel about this. Lukaku is a good player, and is certainly a Mourinho type striker, but for whatever reason I'm not feeling it (then again, I was in the bag for Morata). He'll need to become way less streaky and more consistent (though that might be a side-effect of playing for Everton), and he needs to start scoring in big games.

Was Darren Bent good enough for United? Kevin Phillips? Andy Johnson? I'm not saying they were on the level of Lukaku, or that he's not good enough. What I'm saying is that number of goals isn't really an indicator of anything when used on its own.
I don't understand why you are saying it then?

Status
Not open for further replies.