Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

Needs a run of games against English opposition to build up his confidence. He has the attributes to succeed here, just needs to be less shakey.

Canagel

Slowly he is adapting to our style of play but the next step is do it in the PL. He should start all the remaining CL games as well as any League cup matches but I want see him doing it in the league.

poacher

Some of you are getting carried away with his performance. He only looks ok because Benfica offered nothing in attack. Any defender would have looked good against Benfica tonight.

el3mel

Some of you are getting carried away with his performance. He only looks ok because Benfica offered nothing in attack. Any defender would have looked good against Benfica tonight.
So we're not supposed to praise him when he gets a good performance ?

Prodigy24

Starting to get more confident and adapting to our style. Would love to see him get some minutes in the league in the coming weeks.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Looks a little bit quicker than at the start of the season. Happy how he is being managed right now.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
A fantastic performance. Him and Smalling were the shining lights in an otherwise limp and and lethargic performance.

simmee

One might think that our defenders had a hand in making them offer nothing in attack...

willhse456

Has he played in a competitive game with Bailly or Jones as part of a 4 man defence yet? Would like to see him paired with one of those two in the remaining CL group games to see what the chemistry is like.

Halftrack

So we're not supposed to praise him when he gets a good performance ?
No, you should do what @poacher and others do: Post nothing or complain about people being positive when he does well, savage him and say stuff like "never good enough, don't know what we were thinking" when he does poorly.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I thought he looked very good tonight. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a start against Huddersfield if Jones and Bailly aren't fully fit.

Paul_Scholes18

Very good performance from him. He is getting into things better now. We will soon need him more as I do think Jones will soon get more injuries. He already seem to be fighting to play every week now.

AR87

He has looked good in all of his CL appearances IMO, but this one was best. Maybe the comfort of playing against the club he came from in a stadium he's familar with helped, but he looked very composed today.

Didn't have an awful lot to do, but he looked more comfortable in aerial duels than he has in any other match I've seen him in. Good showing for him. Hope he gets a chance in the league soon. His ability to play the ball into the channels would add give us another element in attack.

Robertd0803

Thought he was very good last night. I think he was bought very much with the intention of playing 3 at the back more often but not getting a proper wingback/Perisic put that idea to bed for a while.

But hopefully he will get more chances in the league soon. Definitley against Swansea in the League Cup.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Still think that our players are not using him to the extent he can be used. There were moments when he's in the clear and wants to pass it through with a long ball behind their defenders but we didn't make runs and he had to pass it either short to Smalling or just a little ahead. He'll be even more handy when he's on the same wavelength with the players, solid performance yesterday.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He still makes very silly rash fouls which could cost us against better opposition, but apart from that he was solid enough.

I think he will grow into the team once he settles in. He's clearly a bit star struck at present and doesn't feel worthy, once he gets comfortable and starts to take charge a bit more he will get better.

SambaBoy

Was good last night but he still gives away too many silly free-kicks in dangerous areas.

red4ever 79

Was good against a team that offered nothing going forwards. Would like to see him tested against a decent team before I pass judgement

poacher

Was good against a team that offered nothing going forwards. Would like to see him tested against a decent team before I pass judgement
Exactly this! How can people judge a defender when he had to do very little defending is beyond me. People desperately want him to be this world class player so are seeing great performances where there are none. It's like saying Liverpool's defence was great against us when the truth was they had nothing to do as we offered nothing on attack and only had one shot on target.

FujiVice

Poor fecker just came on and we've conceeded. Hope the pitch folks wont be out, since you can hardly blame him for that.

Ekeke

Poor fecker just came on and we've conceeded. Hope the pitch folks wont be out, since you can hardly blame him for that.
Backed off and off, twisted inside out and let him get the shot away. Its not his fault that Mata put us in a bad position but Lindelof was all at sea trying to deal with what came at him

Status
Not open for further replies.