Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm usually a big advocate of giving youngsters time but that's usually if they show at least some sort of ability or anything at all that shows they could grow out of their mistakes and into a top player, but this guy, he just looks pretty fecking shit all round really. I'm really struggling.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Ignoring his defensive mistakes, but isn't he supposed to be good with the ball? Where are all those Benfice experts who watched every game?
It's probably based on one long raking ball they saw on a youtube highlights video. I've never understood the obsession with 'ball playing centre backs'. If you can't defend or even head a ball it's irrelevant how good your pass completion % is.

AndyJ1985

We've flushed over £30m down the shitter for this lad. Hopefully we can convince some desperate tit like Mark Hughes or Hodgson to take him off our hands.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Starting to think Jose bought him on Zlatan's recommendation. Yeah, it sounds stupid, but the alternative is that our manager, who is usually good with defenders, actually scouted and paid 30 mil for a guy who's competing with Lovren for the title of worst defender.

And I think he's pretty close to beating Lovren too.
Jose is Portuguese. He follows their domestic league and has plenty of connections there. Lindelof came from Benfica. Zlatan had nothing to do with it. I doubt he knew who he was (probably still doesn't).

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Starting to think Jose bought him on Zlatan's recommendation. Yeah, it sounds stupid, but the alternative is that our manager, who is usually good with defenders, actually scouted and paid 30 mil for a guy who's competing with Lovren for the title of worst defender.

It sounds stupid because it is

The Bloody-Nine

I understand that it can take time to adapt to a new league in a new country but at the most basic level, it's still football. At times it looks like he's never played as a central defender before.

I suppose he could be totally devoid of confidence. That said, if he's already devoid of confidence in every game that he starts I'd be concerned about his mental strength.

el3mel

Can't believe this Zlatan thing. Jose just got it wrong this time. It happens anyway.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
People in this thread are pathetic. Comparing him to Lovren, a player who's been in PL for many years. Lindelof been here for two months and against Benfica last week was one of the better rated players. Shane is just a hater here, look at his posts.
People just suck. Nobody is allowed to improve. Its instant greatness or feck off.

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I doubt you were brilliant at the start of your biggest career opportunity. Did some cnut tell you you were shit after 5 days?
You sure you're replying to the right comment?

Anyway, I'm a student. Haven't had any career opportunities.

AndyJ1985

I doubt you were brilliant at the start of your biggest career opportunity. Did some cnut tell you you were shit after 5 days?
What a load of nonsense. Anyone who gets hired to do a job should at least be competent at doing the basics. He's fecking appalling and doesn't even look like a premier league level defender.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was too young to care about such, at the time. I'm not really very optimistic about him now. Just trying.
Fair play. This transfer looks like another Obertan or Bebe.

I fear Jose will hang to to him as well as he is his signing
Given how Mou threw Mkhi down a well for three months last season, I'm hoping Rojo etc coming back will see him appearing less.

Rajma

I know sometimes we tend to jump to conclusions prematurely but boy he looks awful like not even a bright side to his games could be found.

Boycott

Mourinho is human. He makes mistakes and it's fine to point them out rather than put together some tin hat theory.

But then again I'm hesitant to call a bloke who has started a handful of games a mistake........

Give the lad some breathing space.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The new Eliaquim Mangala.
Good shout in fairness. At the moment I couldn't tell you if Lindelof is better than Lovren. Wouldn't look out of place next to Matip.

AndyJ1985

At least with most highly rated foreign players who start slow you can see some redeeming qualities and glimpses of talent. But with Lindelof he's just 100% rubbish 100% of the time. Absolutely nothing about him is any good.

Kapardin

Mourinho is human. He makes mistakes and it's fine to point them out rather than put together some tin hat theory.

But then again I'm hesitant to call a bloke who has started a handful of games a mistake........

Give the lad some breathing space.
I was not really being serious about the Zlatan theory. Just doomsday humor to highlight how weird this signing is.:lol:

He has been woeful though.

JoaquinJoaquin

His confidence is obviously shot. Going to take a few more games to get it back. Give the guy a chance man.

Status
Not open for further replies.