Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Early jitters but did fine after that

Correct decision to pay him

He is the cafs lowest rated player for the game on about 4.5 out of 10. That’s just unfair

mu4c_20le

Didn't notice much of him in the second half, so thats probably a good thing after a shaky start. Still got a mountain to climb though, if he wants to make it here even as a squad player.

JMack1234

Early jitters but did fine after that

Correct decision to pay him

He is the cafs lowest rated player for the game on about 4.5 out of 10. That’s just unfair
He dropped two absolute clangers in the first half that could of cost us against better opposition. Who was worse?

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Nah, I wouldn't say that. Lindelof was an established player for a biggish european team and national team at a very young age. There obviously is something there. There was nothing behind Obertan and Bebe's transfers. Just pure randomness.

He might still fail, mind you, but it'd be a case more similar to Zaha, for example.
Contradicted yourself a bit there, Zaha was playing for Palace in the Championship and England U-21's. Hardly links to the two points you made about playing for a biggish European team and national team, as he was doing neither of those things.

Bwuk

Should be behind Tuanzebe in the pecking order, but because of the fee we paid he won't be.

midou

4.5 and lowest rating of all players absolutely deserved. That said, I'm happy he played in this game, he needs the minutes if he is to regain form.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Contradicted yourself a bit there, Zaha was playing for Palace in the Championship and England U-21's. Hardly links to the two points you made about playing for a biggish European team and national team, as he was doing neither of those things.
My point was that they were relatively highly rated and had shown good performances and potential before we bought them. Obertan and Bebe were nobodies that had done nothing and the reasoning behind their transfers was a mystery.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think that mistakes are still acceptable for fans if the overall play is showing good signs, but at the moment with him everytime he comes close to the ball it seems like something bad will happen. He was supposed to be good with the ball but I am not sure if it is nerves but he seems terrified of it in any pressure situation

Lentwood

Oh come on, you've just written him off.

Look back on his time at Benfica and you'll find (shock horror), he can head, he can tackle, has pace to recover and was noted for his composure.

Why he isn't showing the same kind of form, only he can answer.

The guy wasn't plucked out of obscurity by an unproven manager.

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to give a player the time to find his feet before ranking them as the worst PL defender - not least because he's not Cygan or Krompkamp. Because not only do I want to see him succeed, I'd sooner avoid being left looking like a mug if Lindelof reverses his fortunes.
Yep you are correct, I have written him off! If he was 18 I might, might be able to say he could turn it around but he has so much to work on at 23 it's just not going to happen. For a start, when and where is he going to develop because at the moment how can you put him into a league/European match?

engulfing

Donkey class player. Scouting mistake that will cost us at least 15 million. Should start looking at options to offload him. Don't remember him winning a single aerial challenge tonight. Pathetic when you contrast with how tuanzebe made it look simple.

el3mel

It doesn't look good when a supposedly experienced player coming from Benfica and nicknamed "Iceman" to appear with this performance when you compare him with the youngster playing beside him (Axel). Just not good enough.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Looks like he left off where he finished the Huddersfield game.

Whenever the ball is above waist height his brain turns into jelly.

simmee

Donkey class player. Scouting mistake that will cost us at least 15 million. Should start looking at options to offload him. Don't remember him winning a single aerial challenge tonight. Pathetic when you contrast with how tuanzebe made it look simple.
Tuanzebe lost an aerial challenge to Routledge which easily could have cost us, sure made it look simple for him at least...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's too soon to write him off altogether, but this does seem like it'll be a bedding in year while he gets accustomed to english football. He'll get his chances though.

Martial

It's weird to think Lindelof is 4 years older than Tuanzebe.

I just hope Jose has learned not to trust him for Premier League games again. I said after his disaster pre-season that I hope he doesn't play in and cost us league points this season, but hopefully he won't have the opportunity to cost us any more points.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
I remember Lindelof playing well for the NT. Not just against nobodies but against teams like the Netherlands, France and Portugal. I don't know what happened to him in the summer. He's like a different player. It's a mystery to me.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
I just cant understand what happened to him. From extremely calm but still aggressiv, to this. He's also been great in the national team.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Fellaini was great for Everton. You're using his versatility as an argument against him which is strange. His best position is quite clearly central midfielder in a box to box role. Not sure what you're on about there.
His best position is as a #10, he had his best individual season playing there for Everton. Rather unorthodox #10, but still.

Sorry, a bit off topic. Another tragic performance by the Swede :(

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I remember Lindelof playing well for the NT. Not just against nobodies but against teams like the Netherlands, France and Portugal. I don't know what happened to him in the summer. He's like a different player. It's a mystery to me.
I just cant understand what happened to him. From extremely calm but still aggressiv, to this. He's also been great in the national team.
Playing with no confidence whatsoever imo. New and faster league didn't help, but don't think that's the main problem. He is just making basic errors, along with looking pretty shaky almost everytime near the ball.

engulfing

Could he actually win headers like a regular centre back? He is relatively small for a centre back but does he have a good vertical leap? Because right now darmien and blind will probably beat him in the air

Andersons Dietician

Kinda feel sorry for him. Currently looks more like Cougar than The Iceman (TopGun reference) it does look like confidence, I saw enough of him at Benfica to know he is not this bad. Just every time the ball goes near him you can sense or see the anxiety in the crowd and all his team mates.

Often that leads to trying to be extra safe and when you do that even controlling the ball you make mistakes. I hope he bounces back and to be honest in the 2nd half he didn’t look too bad. Started to get back to himself. Even wandered forward with the ball right in to their box.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yep you are correct, I have written him off! If he was 18 I might, might be able to say he could turn it around but he has so much to work on at 23 it's just not going to happen. For a start, when and where is he going to develop because at the moment how can you put him into a league/European match?
You do realise he’s playing at far below his usual level?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The guy looks really nervous, that’s the only thing that makes sense. Sometimes moving to a new club and being the new guy you can feel over awed, he’s rushing everything and making silly mistakes where his mind is double guessing stuff.

It does seem that in the air is his biggest weakness though, we need to train him with long ball football, where’s fellaini when you need him?

Klean

Kinda feel sorry for him. Currently looks more like Cougar than The Iceman (TopGun reference) it does look like confidence, I saw enough of him at Benfica to know he is not this bad. Just every time the ball goes near him you can sense or see the anxiety in the crowd and all his team mates.

Often that leads to trying to be extra safe and when you do that even controlling the ball you make mistakes. I hope he bounces back and to be honest in the 2nd half he didn’t look too bad. Started to get back to himself. Even wandered forward with the ball right in to their box.
This is exactly what I saw when I watched him today. He almost looked like he was trying to play too simple early in the first half and almost made a calamity early. As someone who didn't watch him much at Benfica, I was under the impression he was the great ball playing center-back, that would make these incisive passes to the forwards and carry the ball out of defense. This has only added to the perception that he isn't as good as he was advertised. Hopefully he is somewhere between where he is now, and the player we thought we were getting.

Yakuza_devils

For the games vs Spurs and Chelsea, please don't even include him in the squad. This man is in a fragile mental state and he needs more time to settle in. Putting him in a high profile match will only be bad not only for him but for the team as well.

I still hope against hope that he will make it here and refuse to believe that Mourinho can get it so wrong in a defender. Having said that I have no problem if he was sold end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.