Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestietom

In the 2 international games versus Italy, he has been outstanding. Maybe he will come good with us soon.

simmee

Time will tell who's right and who's wrong. If Lindelof becomes a top class defender then you and all the Lindelof fanboys will have been proven correct however if he continues to warm the bench because he continues to be trash then my opinion would have been spot on. BTW I am not the only one around here who doesn't rate Lindelof. I would say around 40% of posters don't rate him and regret signing him.
You will do well here on the caf. Everyone who doesn't share your opinion is either a fanboy or a hater and then end of with a completely random stat that you have no way of knowing if it's true or not. Well done!

Antonedwin

It is much easier. Roy Hodgson famously said that he could take any group of fit amateur players and train them to shut out Manchester United with six months of coaching. The less space a defender has to mark the easier it is generally.
Not someone reliable to listen & quote

Thecarrickfan_2016

Some of you on here need to give Lindelof time to settle, He's coming from a different league, He'll come good for us.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He seems oddly more assured and proactive when playing for the national team, its like watching two different players. He had a sequence where he read the danger of a long ball, attacked it over an opponent and won the header. Then you see him do what he did against Huddersfield and it bothers imagination.

Bestietom

A bit of both, but the Huddersfield game really had a lasting impression.
I myself think he has qualities, and I hope in time he can become a top player in the Premiership, which he has to acclimatise to. It's a completely different task than he was used to playing at Benfica. Tougher and less time on the ball. He has to get used to it and become that "Premiership Player" sooner rather than later. I hope for the best for him and us.

Murray3007

i have critised him like most on here have, but always would give new players 12 months to settle in before we should really judge them, look at Vidic and Evra when they first arrived no one would have thought they would go on to be some of our best defenders. hopefully can get confidence from his performances for sweden over the last few games and go from there

Halftrack

Time will tell who's right and who's wrong. If Lindelof becomes a top class defender then you and all the Lindelof fanboys will have been proven correct however if he continues to warm the bench because he continues to be trash then my opinion would have been spot on. BTW I am not the only one around here who doesn't rate Lindelof. I would say around 40% of posters don't rate him and regret signing him.
You said that Guardiola would have already been done with him and looking for replacements. The fact that Pep persisted with an equally shit Stones (as a starter no less, unlike Lindelöf's role as a rotation player) shows how full of shite you are. And then you label me a fanboy for having the temerity to come in here and not rag on him after a good game? Kindly feck off. You'll sooner find me defending players after a bad game rather than slagging them off, never mind after a good one.

The fact that you come into a player's thread after a good performance to talk about how shit he is also says a lot. Not that you're alone in doing that, mind, but that doesn't make it any less sad.

Sometimes I get the impression that despite saying that you (a general 'you', not you specifically) hope he'll come good eventually, in reality you're wishing that he'll fail completely. If only so you can tell all the meanies criticizing you for being way too quick to write a player off, "hah, I told you so! I'm way better than you at judging a player's abilities!"

poacher

You said that Guardiola would have already been done with him and looking for replacements. The fact that Pep persisted with an equally shit Stones (as a starter no less, unlike Lindelöf's role as a rotation player) shows how full of shite you are. And then you label me a fanboy for having the temerity to come in here and not rag on him after a good game? Kindly feck off. You'll sooner find me defending players after a bad game rather than slagging them off, never mind after a good one.

The fact that you come into a player's thread after a good performance to talk about how shit he is also says a lot. Not that you're alone in doing that, mind, but that doesn't make it any less sad.

Sometimes I get the impression that despite saying that you (a general 'you', not you specifically) hope he'll come good eventually, in reality you're wishing that he'll fail completely. If only so you can tell all the meanies criticizing you for being way too quick to write a player off, "hah, I told you so! I'm way better than you at judging a player's abilities!"
You mention Pep sticking by Stones but you don't mention Pep tried to rid himself Mangala for poor performances. Pep does not give every player that much rope. As for Stones being equally shite as Lindelof, well I disagree. Lindelof has been the worse high priced CB I have ever seen. Seriously the mistakes against Huddersfield were cringeworthy. Lindelof has been poor in pretty much every game he's played at United. His best games are the ones where the opposition do nothing offensively so he doesn't get a chance to make mistakes. As for the accusation that I hoped he would fail that is complete rubbish. When we signed Lindelof I was looking forward to having a ball playing CB to strengthen the team and was shocked to see mistake after mistake from him. I honestly can't believe how bad he has been.

When I am wrong about a player I have no problem admitting it, for example, I thought Matic would be a poor signing because of his age but he has proven to be an indispensable part of the team.

For 31m I simply expected a first team footballer, not a project player that is the source of the disappointment. If Lindelof was a 17-year-old academy player I wouldn't criticize him but he cost 31m and is 22 years old and is a full international representative so I think we have a right to expect better performances from him. Compare his performances to that of Davinson Sanchez and you can see where the disappointment comes from. Davinson Sanchez is also a young defender from another league however he has looked like a first team player from the moment he put on the Spurs shirt and you can see the potential in every performance, unlike Lindelof's underwhelming displays.

I am absolutely being 100 % sincere when I say I hope he improves because we could do with a ball playing CB.

Oldyella

I still think he will come good, there is a player in there, he just looks like a bag of nerves playing for us. Ease him in and he will be fine. I do think it was a waste of money though and would of just given his slot to Tuanzebe and spent the cash on a LB or winger.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You mention Pep sticking by Stones but you don't mention Pep tried to rid himself Mangala for poor performances. Pep does not give every player that much rope. As for Stones being equally shite as Lindelof, well I disagree. Lindelof has been the worse high priced CB I have ever seen. Seriously the mistakes against Huddersfield were cringeworthy. Lindelof has been poor in pretty much every game he's played at United. His best games are the ones where the opposition do nothing offensively so he doesn't get a chance to make mistakes. As for the accusation that I hoped he would fail that is complete rubbish. When we signed Lindelof I was looking forward to having a ball playing CB to strengthen the team and was shocked to see mistake after mistake from him. I honestly can't believe how bad he has been.

When I am wrong about a player I have no problem admitting it, for example, I thought Matic would be a poor signing because of his age but he has proven to be an indispensable part of the team.

For 31m I simply expected a first team footballer, not a project player that is the source of the disappointment. If Lindelof was a 17-year-old academy player I wouldn't criticize him but he cost 31m and is 22 years old and is a full international representative so I think we have a right to expect better performances from him. Compare his performances to that of Davinson Sanchez and you can see where the disappointment comes from. Davinson Sanchez is also a young defender from another league however he has looked like a first team player from the moment he put on the Spurs shirt and you can see the potential in every performance, unlike Lindelof's underwhelming displays.

I am absolutely being 100 % sincere when I say I hope he improves because we could do with a ball playing CB.
I don’t understand why you’re comparing Davinson and Lindelof. The former plays in a 3 men CB and a stable/experienced defence and midfield. Our defenders are nowhere near in terms of quality to those at Spurs, we finally got our first DM in years (Matic) as compared to Spurs who have to very valid players in the field (Dier and Waynama) and our best fullback is a winger.

Lindelof is in a similar situation to Bonucci. They are both ball playing defenders. They both moved to a club whose not passing through a great period of time, they both happen to work alongside a decent goalkeeper but who lack leadership and whose team has seen a higher then average change in personnel. Guess what? Both are struggling to settle down despite the latter is far experienced then the former.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I don’t understand why you’re comparing Davinson and Lindelof. The former plays in a 3 men CB and a stable/experienced defence and midfield. Our defenders are nowhere near in terms of quality to those at Spurs, we finally got our first DM in years (Matic) as compared to Spurs who have to very valid players in the field (Dier and Waynama) and our best fullback is a winger.

Lindelof is in a similar situation to Bonucci. They are both ball playing defenders. They both moved to a club whose not passing through a great period of time, they both happen to work alongside a decent goalkeeper but who lack leadership and whose team has seen a higher then average change in personnel. Guess what? Both are struggling to settle down despite the latter is far experienced then the former.
Yeah, but at the end of the day, Bonucci knows how to clear a basic floating ball with his head. Even under duress.

devilish

Yeah, but at the end of the day, Bonucci knows how to clear a basic floating ball with his head. Even under duress.
I doubt you've been watching him lately. He's terrible. Its not easy to settle down in a new defence especially if it lacks quality.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I doubt you've been watching him lately. He's terrible. Its not easy to settle down in a new defence especially if it lacks quality.
Personally, I don't think Bonucci is that special. Chiellini always struck me as a better defender. I like when my defenders actually seem to enjoy defending and put their bodies on the line.

devilish

Personally, I don't think Bonucci is that special. Chiellini always struck me as a better defender. I like when my defenders actually seem to enjoy defending and put their bodies on the line.
Ball playing players are rarely appreciated in the UK which is fair enough. Bonucci is a great defender. Having said that, you can't expect a player to leave a star studded/stable defense go to an inferior one and keep doing as well as he did with the former team.

In my opinion a solid defense is a collective thing rather than an individual effort. We've seen how Vidic and Rio shined around VDS as compared to when they played alongside Foster.

Last edited:

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Ball playing players are rarely appreciated in the UK which is fair enough. Bonucci is a great defender. Having said that, you can't expect a player to leave a star studded/stable defense go to an inferior one and keep doing as well as he did with the former team.

In my opinion a solid defense is a collective thing rather than an individual effort. We've seen how Vidic and Rio shined around VDS as compared to when they played alongside Foster.
Who are we talking about?

Because Lindelof is playing in a far better team than he was last year, alongside players and direct competition that is currently superior to him.
People gotta be honest sometimes and admit that he is the weak link.

devilish

Who are we talking about?

Because Lindelof is playing in a far better team than he was last year, alongside players and direct competition that is currently superior to him.
People gotta be honest sometimes and admit that he is the weak link.
He moved in a different league whose got higher expectations and which is played at a higher tempo. Vidic struggled for the first few months despite being older then him and he was partnered with Rio in defense not Smalling. Jeez give the guy some time to settle down.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He moved in a different league whose got higher expectations and which is played at a higher tempo. Vidic struggled for the first few months despite being older then him and he was partnered with Rio in defense not Smalling. Jeez give the guy some time to settle down.
Manchester United is not a charitable organization.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Manchester United is not a charitable organization.
:lol: what does this even mean? Are you saying that if a player doesn't have an instant impact he should be sold immediately? Because, as @devilish said, some of our best players didn't start off that well but eventually settled down and developed into some of the best players we've ever had. Just like players at many other top clubs.

I'd fecking resent our morals if we binned every new, young player who doesn't immediately shine.

Strats

Granqvist deserved a 10. Hero.

As it comes to Victor, he will come good. He has said in swedish interviews before that he isn't nervous at all when it comes to play with us, even after he made a few mistakes. He needs to accept that its natural to be shite yourself when you're young and new at club as United stop pushing his feelings away.

Embrace your insecurities and find a way to handle it.

Last edited:

Halftrack

Why the hell would I mention Mangala? The situations aren't even remotely comparable. Mangala had spent two years proving he wasn't up to the task, was not Pep's signing and was also older than Lindelöf is. As for Stones, we'll just have to disagree. He was really bad. Add to that the fact that he had been playing in the league for three years, and likely didn't even move houses when transferring to City, and it's even worse.

And Lindelöf wasn't high-priced, not in the current market. I understand expecting more, he's certainly been disappointing so far. Still, it's early days, and too early to write a player off.

And please, I made it clear that it was a general view of the people who rush performance threads in order to criticize, even after good games, like they can't stand to live in a world where someone might say something positive about a player they dislike (see also the threads for ex-players, like Schneiderlin and Depay. Some seemingly take a perverse amount of pleasure from seeing a (former) player fail, simply because they had the audacity to not be good enough for United). I also made it clear that it was the impression I get, and can you blame me? When you see the state of some of these threads? People come off as entitled cnuts, and it's embarrassing.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I’m all up for not writing Lindelof off, but 30odd million is still massive money even in today’s market

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
We should see if a PL club would take him on loan in January and start him regularly, we can't afford the bedding in period for the PL he clearly needs.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
:lol: what does this even mean? Are you saying that if a player doesn't have an instant impact he should be sold immediately? Because, as @devilish said, some of our best players didn't start off that well but eventually settled down and developed into some of the best players we've ever had. Just like players at many other top clubs.

I'd fecking resent our morals if we binned every new, young player who doesn't immediately shine.
If we're talking ethos, then let's try a little experiment. Would you rather have him, or a homegrown talent such as Tuanzebe(whose path he is blocking) on the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.