5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

There's no way around it: he was in fact good vs Feyenoord. But the problem is that he's has been doing the same thing for years now. He'll generally be mediocre/bad for most of the season, and then he'll have the odd run of 2-3 games where he's playing really well. Since he's being heavily criticized almost daily, his defenders are gonna come out hard every time this happens, as a way to counter things while the topic is still hot.

"Oh, what a shocker. The United legend still has it!"
"It's disusting to think about how poorly our so-called fans have been treating him lately. Way to prove your critics wrong, Wayne!"
"This proves that Rooney is not the problem! Benching him is clearly not the solution"

It pleases me to see that this is not as common as it was 1 or 2 years ago, but unfortunately it still happens.
This is true.

Even last season when he was fecking appalling for the majority of the season he had a great 2 or 3 weeks at the turn of the new year.

Handré1990

He did it against arsenal so last match
Come on man, didn't we do this already? His cameo vs Arsenal wan't nearly as good as Swans or Feyenoord. Misplaced passes and a couple of really bad touches dragged that down to OK+

Like I've said, he has had more good than bad games since he was taken out of the starting XI. If I didn't know better I'd say Mourinho's managing him perfectly. Contrary to what some might believe, it's possible to be critical of players and yet want them to do well, and actually be happy when they do.

More of the same please!

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
There's no way around it: he was in fact good vs Feyenoord. But the problem is that he's has been doing the same thing for years now. He'll generally be mediocre/bad for most of the season, and then he'll have the odd run of 2-3 games where he's playing really well. Since he's being heavily criticized almost daily, his defenders are gonna come out hard every time this happens, as a way to counter things while the topic is still hot.

"It's disusting to think about how poorly our so-called fans have been treating him lately. Way to prove your critics wrong, Wayne!"
"This proves that Rooney is not the problem! Benching him is clearly not the solution"

It pleases me to see that this is not as common as it was 1 or 2 years ago, but unfortunately it still happens.

Give me a break. People on here have been saying he's not even a PL level player anymore which is laughable. Rooney gets bashed far too often on here. This season he has been deserving his minutes and games but people are still not happy.

C'est Moi Cantona

Whilst his run of good games might be more like 8-10 I agree with the general jist of this.

Yes he's playing well now, but it seems the only thing that has woken him from his slumber is the criticism he has taken, and the fact he was benched, so now maybe he is playing with a bit of anger and has a point to prove. I'll be interested to see where his form goes once his ego has been massaged again, and he slips back into comfort zone.

For our sake I hope it continues becasue a consistent Rooney would be a massive benefit to the team, but a Rooney that only has brief bouts of form is not, because unlike Martial for example he won't be benched straight away once his form slips away.

Last edited:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Whilst his run of good games might be more like 8-10 I agree with the general jist of this.

Yes he's playing well now, but it seems the only thing that has woken him from his slumber is the criticism he has taken, and the fact he was benched, so now maybe he playing with a bit of anger and has a point to prove. I'll be interested to see where his form goes once his ego has been massaged again, and he slips back into comfort zone.
Yep, agree here. We've seen this over and over from him. I'm glad he was good the last game and hope he continues it today, but I'm under no illusions that he'll suddenly be consistently good for the entire season.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Give me a break. People on here have been saying he's not even a PL level player anymore which is laughable. Rooney gets bashed far too often on here. This season he has been deserving his minutes and games but people are still not happy.
He hasn't. The last couple of game he's been half decent but before that he was truly shocking.

SirScholes

Historically, Giggs is our all time assister - I don't want him to play left wing for us anymore. Rooney was a good player - now he can have good games, but overall is too poor.
Rooney has so been involved in 11 goals if I'm not mistaking, might actually lead assists for us.
I want players that contribute to winning games martial isn't doing that rashford doesn't need that pressure so that leaves Rooney and going off the last few games he is in form...so he plays

SirScholes

He hasn't. The last couple of game he's been half decent but before that he was truly shocking.
The standard for Rooney to perform well in here is above average, he's put in some really good performances recently and yet some fans instead of being happy are moaning "well he'll be out of form soon enough" the support is strong in here

nick2004

We can't win games without Rooney starting. It's as simple as that. Our other players have no passion, no leadership, no heart... they need everything to go their way to win and that's why we have lost so many points to inferior teams. Rooney is one of our few players who has passion, even if he is not the Rooney of old (unfortunately).

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
We can't win games without Rooney starting. It's as simple as that. Our other players have no passion, no leadership, no heart... they need everything to go their way to win and that's why we have lost so many points to inferior teams. Rooney is one of our few players who has passion, even if he is not the Rooney of old (unfortunately).
:lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

I wouldn't say we can't win without him, because there's another player in Carrick, who, when he doesn't start, we really suffer, but we've looked good with Rooney starting in our last few games, and based on form, he should probably be pushing for EPL start now.

nick2004

I wouldn't say we can't win without him, because there's another player in Carrick, who, when he doesn't start, we really suffer, but we've looked good with Rooney starting in our last few games, and based on form, he should probably be pushing for EPL start now.
Looking good is not the same as winning, unfortunately...

Premiership is hard, it's not for pussies...

Devil may care

Bizarre posts in here given our best spell of attacking play came in the first half. He was ok when he came on, needs to stop with the lazy lofted ball out to the right but definitely looks better when he plays off the left.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Passion.

It's a bit like faith, isn't it? An intangible quality that can be used to win stupid arguments.

Vilev

Passion.

It's a bit like faith, isn't it? An intangible quality that can be used to win stupid arguments.
Well looking at how we actually play in PL, not winning games at home, i'd say that this intangible quality is exactly what we lack. Man City or Liverpool also did not finish a lit of their chances in their games but they actually had this intangible quality to get the decisive goal and hold on.

nick2004

Passion.

No, actually it's the opposite.

Faith is to expect that some external entity will solve the problems for you.

Passion is to work like crazy to solve the problems yourself (even if you are not the best, or the most talented, in what you are doing).

Devil81

Been playing well of late, so playing him from the bench was a strange call.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Thought he was decent today. Should have done better for that chance, instead of the tame shot that he mustered. Tbf to him our finishing in general was pretty woeful.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Needs to start the next few along with Miki. Mata, ibra, rooney and Mkhitaryan is our best front 4 at the moment, and while of course we should rotate to keep people fresh, they simply have to be the front 4 for any important game.

AXVnee7

Can't believe Pogba ignored him when he was free as anything on the edge of the penalty box. Thought it would've been a great chance for him.

Think he, like Mkhi changed the dynamics of our attack which was needed and got us back on top of the game. I would like to see him start on Wednesday.

AndyJ1985

So we've gone from Rooney needing to be dropped, to him needing to start again. The cycle of predictability is great. Wonder how long it'll be before he needs to start in midfield.

SirScholes

So we've gone from Rooney needing to be dropped, to him needing to start again. The cycle of predictability is great. Wonder how long it'll be before he needs to start in midfield.
He was dropped due to poor form but now he is back in form or at least better form than martial and rashford he needs to be starting

Mike09

Can't believe Pogba ignored him when he was free as anything on the edge of the penalty box. Thought it would've been a great chance for him.

Think he, like Mkhi changed the dynamics of our attack which was needed and got us back on top of the game. I would like to see him start on Wednesday.
Yea I remember that. Pogba took too long. He passed it to Lingard but by the time he passed it to Lingard there was already West Ham players ready to close him down. Rooney was free a few second earlier and I agree it would have been a great chance for him. I thought with his recent forms he deserves start.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He was dropped due to poor form but now he is back in form or at least better form than martial and rashford he needs to be starting
in the time he's been dropped, Rashford & Martial were pretty rubbish, so nothing gained from dropping him!

manutddjw

Its the ultimate kick in the balls. After him being undroppable despite his horrendous form, all we ever asked was that his form dictates his play time like everybody else. Now that he's in decent form, he doesn't start.

C'est Moi Cantona

Best thing this for Rooney, start a game, be sub in the next, maybe if he had a good impact as a sub he'll start the next game, keep him guessing and keep his keen, maybe in a week or two the press will find another story on him to fire him up again, or a pundit will have a dig at him, the last thing we want is Rooney slipping back into his comfort zone.

stevoc

Bizarre posts in here given our best spell of attacking play came in the first half. He was ok when he came on, needs to stop with the lazy lofted ball out to the right but definitely looks better when he plays off the left.
To be fair to him he's not the only one who does it. Pogba among others fired a few out to Valencia as well. It seems to be part of our strategy to get the ball out to Tony for the cross in from the right this season.

Man-United

He's been fantastic in the first 20 minutes. Best minutes of the season from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.