5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

I hate to say this because he works his socks off but he’s an old fashioned cart horse, I would compare him to Peter Crouch but Crouchy finishing was miles better, the guy just can’t finish and we need to say thanks in the summer but we shouldn’t be anywhere near this as a full signing!

PoTMS

Anyone who's actually serious about signing him on a permanent transfer is not right in the head.

Devil81

I hate to say this because he works his socks off but he’s an old fashioned cart horse, I would compare him to Peter Crouch but Crouchy finishing was miles better, the guy just can’t finish and we need to say thanks in the summer but we shouldn’t be anywhere near this as a full signing!
Crouch was a bloody good goalscorer, Weghorst couldn't have scored the overhead kicks and goal Croach has.

kundalini

At this stage, it feels like Weghorst gets selected because his height is useful defending corners and wide free-kicks, and he presses more than our other forwards.

He doesn't have the pace or the technical ability to be a United forward. So many moves break down or slow down because Weghorst either can't control the ball, takes ages to get the ball under control, can't deliver a simple pass or manages to find a team mate but the pace or direction of the pass is slightly off so any momentum is lost.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Usually I’m critical but these wingers had no ambition whatsoever to pass to him. Elanga was incredibly selfish and poor with his decision making, as was Sancho. Pellistri was just another body today, didn’t contribute and Rashford wasn’t too impactful over the course of 60 minutes but great goal.

Then you have Malacia, Wan Bissaka and Dalot who sure as shit won’t cross.

When we do eventually get a better striker, our service needs to improve dramatically.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Thought he could be a decent squad option but starting to realise that opinion was based more on emotion than logic. Offers absolutely nothing.
Gets bullied off the ball, doesn't even contest headers, scuffs pretty much every shot he takes and his hold up play is fairly inconsistent. Definitely need an upgrade on him.

Djemba-Djemba

Anyone who's actually serious about signing him on a permanent transfer is not right in the head.
Yep.

He works so hard and I'm sure when he was signed he didn't think he'd then start every game because Martial is made of biscuits.

But bloody hell, I don't know how any Utd fan can have watched him so far and thought yes I'd like to see more of this next season.

Abraxas

I don't think we'll sign him. Not sure why there's such concern around that. He's clearly here for a specific job and once that has run its course I don't think the manager is going to be attached to it just because the guy is Dutch.

stevoc

Usually I’m critical but these wingers had no ambition whatsoever to pass to him. Elanga was incredibly selfish and poor with his decision making, as was Sancho. Pellistri was just another body today, didn’t contribute and Rashford wasn’t too impactful over the course of 60 minutes but great goal.

Then you have Malacia, Wan Bissaka and Dalot who sure as shit won’t cross.

When we do eventually get a better striker, our service needs to improve dramatically.
Maybe they've lost faith in trying to set him up.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Works hard but his finishing can only be described as "absolute fecking dog shit". What has changed since 2020/2021?

Same reason Afonso Alves was scoring 35+ goals a season, then came to the PL and couldn't hit a barn door.

Easier to score goals in a shit league.

criticalanalysis

I was defending him for the first 4-5 games in the sense of 'he did some objectively good things' but there's no need to beat the bush about his quality for us the past 10 (?) games as he has been really poor.

edgecutter

He's here because our owners have bleed the club dry and we have a sick note in martial.

sugar_kane

Feel bad for saying it given his effort and enthusiasm levels but I think he might be the worst player I’ve seen in a United shirt in 30+ years of supporting them.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
At this stage, it feels like Weghorst gets selected because his height is useful defending corners and wide free-kicks, and he presses more than our other forwards.

He doesn't have the pace or the technical ability to be a United forward. So many moves break down or slow down because Weghorst either can't control the ball, takes ages to get the ball under control, can't deliver a simple pass or manages to find a team mate but the pace or direction of the pass is slightly off so any momentum is lost.
No, he gets selected because Martial is a wet wipe

InfiniteBoredom

Feel bad for saying it given his effort and enthusiasm levels but I think he might be the worst player I’ve seen in a United shirt in 30+ years of supporting them.
Bebe was worse but at least we knew it was a deal to grease up Mendes’s palms.

For legitimate signings, yep, he has to he up there. Doesn’t slip as much as Falcao but just as useless.

2Injurytimegoal

Like it or not, he will still playing most game of the remaining season for us, let's hope he can get better, so as our midfield.

ti vu

Exactly the question I've asked on here before but got no response as nobody knows!
I did try to pose a theory in one of my earlier posts.

Quite a few prolific attackers from Bundesliga went to Premier League and failed to come close to their Bundesliga tally. Mickhitaryan, Werner, Haller, Havertz, Sancho. PL is well known for being physical, fast paced, regularly high intensity. It takes freakish ability like Haaland, Aubameyang posses for them to adapt well in PL.

Choupo Moting is a reliable squad player for Bayern. Recently he even starts game regularly and being prolific. He was not the most stand out forward at Stoke few years back.

From the highlight, Weghorst is slow, but somehow Bundesliga defenders are mostly as slow, or even slower than him. He clearly in many cases had a lot of time. Weghorst is less instinctual, more about reactive with his poaching, shooting. Being more restricted with time and space, his scoring is worsen off maybe?

Also Weghorst looks like he was given penalty duty, so his stats improved.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/wout-weghorst/elfmetertore/spieler/228645

For his decent scoring record, he barely scored in European competitions. Not even a proper handful! Never scored in CL (Wolfsburg did play in CL for a season when he's there).

https://www.transfermarkt.us/wout-weghorst/alletore/spieler/228645

I don't like how he get started in more important games. I have no complaint for game like today or against Southampton (not his fault for us to not win the game. VAR took advantage of Casemiro mistake). There is nothing new about Weghorst performance. He has positive energy, but he severely lacks quality. Even his better performance in more optimal situation still lack end product. Unless he significantly improves (unlikely), there shouldn't be talk about making him permanent next season.

I recently realize Muani moved last summer for free. While we can't always get Muani type free transfer, even Welbeck level of yesteryears free transfer would be an improvement on Weghorst. Our scout seriously need to earn their wage. Hard to believe they can't find a better player.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Some would have you believe there is a vendetta against him when in truth, he is just not good enough. The work off the ball is immense and appreciated but that should never be the only thing a striker gets praised for

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I know he's developed a sort of cult following with some Utd fans but fecking hell he's bad.

He can't seem to ever properly connect when he shoots, he's constantly scuffing it or not quite catching it right.
Can’t believe some think we should sign him on a permanent deal. feck that, he was a useful body up top who works his socks off. But he’s nowhere near the level needed even for a squad player. City have Alvarez a second choice we cannot have Wout.

cybertej29

We are not playing well with him in the team, we are playing well inspite of him.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Some would have you believe there is a vendetta against him when in truth, he is just not good enough. The work off the ball is immense and appreciated but that should never be the only thing a striker gets praised for
Yeah, he’s turd in all honesty. Hard work, IMO, should almost be the bare minimum to expect from a professional football player.

Donut

I think we’ll try to sign him, ETH obviously loves him. But hopefully we get another striker in so he sees less playing time.

Red00012

Honestly it’s so impressive we win so many games with him as our no.9. He offers nothing
Rashford has been prime Ronaldo for us thankfully but ya our results from the our last 16 games we’ve played are pretty impressive as he offers zero in front of goal .

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
How is he 30 but never seem to get tired? if only Martial has his fitness level.....
Imagine if we have a top striker up front on top of Rashford scoring loads of goals.

Idxomer

His scoring record was good but nothing special in the Bundesliga and in his last half-season there it got worse after overperforming a bit the season before.

Anyway, he didn't look to work that hard yesterday but maybe he's tired after all those games without a break.

ScholesyTheWise

There every reason to absolutely love him as a fan, but for the little fact of him being a shite striker for the level would like to get back to.

The Caf seems to have an obsession with wanting to sign bad players who give their all for the shirt "to just be useful squad options".
Nah, feck that.

There are enough decent-to-great players out there who'll also have the character that we as fans would like them to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.