Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sb_16

LF - Martial - RF
--- Januzaj ---
Give him the free role in 4-3-3 system. Its time he showed the desire to succeed here.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Now the bullshit is starting. He's not the solution and a free role to an average idiot like him only goes to show how many FM fans are on this site. You're fantasising.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
LF - Martial - RF
--- Januzaj ---
Give him the free role in 4-3-3 system. Its time he showed the desire to succeed here.
He did at the start of this season tbf to him, did better than everyone else who has played their since (even though he wasn't brilliant)

Sb_16

Now the bullshit is starting. He's not the solution and a free role to an average idiot like him only goes to show how many FM fans are on this site. You're fantasising.
He's not the standard we need but who do we have that is? Tell me genius. The season has been a failure anyway.

Cassidy

I would play him there tbh, he is weak and loses the ball a lot, but at least he tries to beat a man, play a through pass, and shoots. The rest of the no10s don't do most of that, the closest is Herrera and even he has now been converted to a player with no balls who just plays the simple pass most of the time

Last edited:

YouOnlyLiveTwice

The problem is we can't afford to play him consistently or we could but there is so much pressure on a player to deliver that more consistent players will get the nudge.
If Januzaj was playing week in week out i think he would begin to show what a massive talent he is. Manchester United just isn't a good place to be for a youngster at the moment, there is no well drilled team for them to slot into without huge pressure.

Donut

I hope he gets a run. He'll prove his worth, since he's better than all our attacking options except for Martial.

And some people are saying he's weak on the ball? This may have been true in his debut season, but now it's not true at all. His shielding of the ball is excellent, and he has impressive core strength.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The problem is we can't afford to play him consistently or we could but there is so much pressure on a player to deliver that more consistent players will get the nudge.
If Januzaj was playing week in week out i think he would begin to show what a massive talent he is. Manchester United just isn't a good place to be for a youngster at the moment, there is no well drilled team for them to slot into without huge pressure.
Who are these more consistent players, though?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well, not in terms of creating anything. But in terms of keeping possession and decision making.
I can only think of Mata. Memphis, Lingard and even Rooney are all inconsistent in these aspects. And Mata has been hiding for a few months.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I can only think of Mata. Memphis, Lingard and even Rooney are all inconsistent in these aspects. And Mata has been hiding for a few months.
It's Mata i'm thinking about, they are both competing for the RW spot.

What i meant was that when Januzaj is given a few games and he shows inconsistency it's back to the bench, whereas if we kept playing him let's say 5 games in a row it is more likely he would get the confidence and consistency to show what he really can do.
I never feel he has been given a real run under LvG, it has been 1 or 2 games and then back to the bench or in this seasons case out on a loan.

Successful

He's not the standard we need but who do we have that is? Tell me genius. The season has been a failure anyway.
You play janu in a free role when the league is secured and 3 game remaining of the season - Now we need to gather what's left of this sinking ship and by doing so you play the safest cards on the table. I would even go as far as to bring Charlie Adam in on a loan.

Cassidy

You play janu in a free role when the league is secured and 3 game remaining of the season - Now we need to gather what's left of this sinking ship and by doing so you play the safest cards on the table. I would even go as far as to bring Charlie Adam in on a loan.
Worked out very well so far

dirkey

Good God.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
this is comprehensively the dumbest post i've read here in a very long time. considering how short the message was, your ability to compress that much poorly founded opinion in the size of a twitter sound-byte would give donald trump a run for his money.

Successful

this is comprehensively the dumbest post i've read here in a very long time. considering how short the message was, your ability to compress that much poorly founded opinion in the size of a twitter sound-byte would give donald trump a run for his money.
Looking at the message the mods left in your tag will disqualify you from having an opinion on the matter I'm afraid :lol:

SteveW

Wtf? :lol::lol:

kidbob

I reckon it's time to give him a run on the right wing, no one else has made that position their own. If he can even reproduce his first season form then we'll have a threat down both side with Martial on the left. All theoretical obviously but there's no one keeping him out of the side.

If Rooney at the very least keep his goal scoring up and one of mata or herrera in behind with Carrick and bfs returning then maybe we would see an upturn in our play. Lingard struggles to impose himself consistently and mata simply isn't a right sided player so feck it give Adnan a run, not like our attack can fall much further anyway.

izec

Charlie Adam or Falcao with his flashy iphone and yellow Prada bag, who would you take? :)

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
I reckon it's time to give him a run on the right wing, no one else has made that position their own. If he can even reproduce his first season form then we'll have a threat down both side with Martial on the left. All theoretical obviously but there's no one keeping him out of the side.

If Rooney at the very least keep his goal scoring up and one of mata or herrera in behind with Carrick and bfs returning then maybe we would see an upturn in our play. Lingard struggles to impose himself consistently and mata simply isn't a right sided player so feck it give Adnan a run, not like our attack can fall much further anyway.
That's the thing, he hasnt been half as good since his first season.

kidbob

I totally agree but what have we to lose giving him the chance? If we had someone to keep him from getting a chance then fair enough. No harm having someone who can beat a man out there.

In Rainbows

I totally agree but what have we to lose giving him the chance? If we had someone to keep him from getting a chance then fair enough. No harm having someone who can beat a man out there.
You shouldn't expect Adnan to beat players with dribbling.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He's still a kid. Has anyone been as good under Van Gaal? Maybe one or two. Every winger that Van Gaal has had here has turned to shit.

If you see him for the U21's it is clear that the talent hasn't gone anywhere. I think it's a confidence thing. Stylistically, he's not the right player for Van Gaal, though. Takes too many chances. Fergie would turn him into a world beater.

wiz4231

Theres more then a few average idiots in the squad as it is, Lingard and Fellaini being two of them, Rooney was also suspect for an average idiot before he picked up form. What do you expect from him when he's 1. Played out position, 2. Used defensively when he at his best whilst attacking, 3. Is not backed by the manager thus losing confidence. I wouldnt play him as a #10 just yet, he still needs to develop but to call him an idiot is absurd.
Right now Lingard and Fellaini should not be apart of the first team and should not be apart of the first options off the bench either.

Rooney
Martial..........................Januzaj
Mata
Morgan.........Herrera
Carrick, Bastian, Pereira, Depay should be the only options off the bench for them positions.

In Rainbows

I really haven't been impressed with his ability to go past players. I feel that when he tries to go past players, he ends up losing the ball or just winning a corner at most. Then after he tries to dribble fans start to criticize his decision making. I honestly think that was his only problem with Dortmund. Well that and his lack of defensive work rate, but that was more of a reason for Tuchel to not use him as opposed to something that lead to him getting criticized by the fans.

Cassidy

I really haven't been impressed with his ability to go past players. I feel that when he tries to go past players, he ends up losing the ball or just winning a corner at most. Then after he tries to dribble fans start to criticize his decision making. I honestly think that was his only problem with Dortmund. Well that and his lack of defensive work rate, but that was more of a reason for Tuchel to not use him as opposed to something that lead to him getting criticized by the fans.
He has ok ability beating players, doesn't have to pace/acceleration to leave them behind after. Although once he beats his man, he seems to always make a poor decision, like the fact he beat his man somehow sends a rush of blood to his brain and he sees the headlines and tries the impossible shot from the impossible angle.

I'm being harsh, he can beat his man though, not as regularly as some, but to say he can't do it is false.

settembrini

Januzaj can go past players fine. In his season under Moyes his successful dribbles per 90 minutes was 2.79 and his successful take on rate was 53%. Compare that to Martial this season whose successful dribbles per 90 is slightly better (3.01) but achieved at a worse rate (44%).

His problem, as Cassidy says, is poor decision making once he has beaten his man. That's a legitimate concern but given how nobody else has been able to do anything with the right wing position I think he should be given a chance there.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He's still a kid. Has anyone been as good under Van Gaal? Maybe one or two. Every winger that Van Gaal has had here has turned to shit.

If you see him for the U21's it is clear that the talent hasn't gone anywhere. I think it's a confidence thing. Stylistically, he's not the right player for Van Gaal, though. Takes too many chances. Fergie would turn him into a world beater.
Only that for the national team and Dortmund he hasnt been close to convincing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.