5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

Januzaj can go past players fine. In his season under Moyes his successful dribbles per 90 minutes was 2.79 and his successful take on rate was 53%. Compare that to Martial this season whose successful dribbles per 90 is slightly better (3.01) but achieved at a worse rate (44%).

His problem, as Cassidy says, is poor decision making once he has beaten his man. That's a legitimate concern but given how nobody else has been able to do anything with the right wing position I think he should be given a chance there.
You bring up the Moyes season, but I think that's the only year I have seen him beat players with consistency, which is amazing considering he wasn't much of a dribbler prior to that. His dribbling hasn't impressed me since then though and I don't think he should be trying to dribble as often as he tries to at times. I don't think it's anything to do with his technique either as his ball control is really good, it's just that he slows the game down too much and can often get outmuscled or outpaced.

wiz4231

Match rhythm bollocks yet again. What about Depay, when is he going to get any game time? What is LVG doing with the youth at this club, why are average Joe's picked ahead of talented individuals. It's obvious, the man out of touch with football, I'd rather we sacked this joke and bring Koeman then to see his face anymore.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Januzaj has probably been dropped for his stupid challenge that led to Southampton scoring their winner. It was brainless play and it cost us.
He also saved us a lot that season, especially in the beginning. He is young but clearly has a high potential, he's worth the risk considering our current options

Asger

Januzaj has probably been dropped for his stupid challenge that led to Southampton scoring their winner. It was brainless play and it cost us.
He should never have had played as wing back in those minutes. LVG cost us the game.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Played for U21's last night I think.
Ooooh OK, that makes a lot more sense. He'd probably be better served starting for the U21s than a cameo from the bench for the first team, given he's barely played at all this season.

Drifter

American
Manchester United player Adnan Januzaj struggled to make an impact or a good impression at Dortmund.

The 20-year-old couldn't concentrate because he couldn't detach himself from United.

Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel spoke to fourfourtwo.

"A part of him was always still in Manchester and we just couldn't help him cut this umbilical cord.

"He didn't wholly embrace Borussia. He always compared everything with how it had been at United."

Zoo

Manchester United player Adnan Januzaj struggled to make an impact or a good impression at Dortmund.

The 20-year-old couldn't concentrate because he couldn't detach himself from United.

Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel spoke to fourfourtwo.

"A part of him was always still in Manchester and we just couldn't help him cut this umbilical cord.

"He didn't wholly embrace Borussia. He always compared everything with how it had been at United."
Old quotes.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Unfookinbelievable
Relax, I normally don't listen to LvG's bollocks about match rhythm but months of sparing appearances with Dortmund have cost him, he'll continue playing with the reserves for a few weeks then I'd fully expect him to play again.

dirkey

I love how people are absolutely aghast he's not playing, despite all evidence being that he doesn't deserve to. Wasn't good earlier in season, was dim When he came on against Southampton (albeit in stupid position), and more importantly managed to barely play when in dortmund. But sure, it's a witch hunt by LVG against him. Nothing to do with him not performing on the pitch nor, presumably in training.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I love how people are absolutely aghast he's not playing, despite all evidence being that he doesn't deserve to. Wasn't good earlier in season, was dim When he came on against Southampton (albeit in stupid position), and more importantly managed to barely play when in dortmund. But sure, it's a witch hunt by LVG against him. Nothing to do with him not performing on the pitch nor, presumably in training.
He has played 5 minutes as a LB since he came back. If he's been given a second chance, that isn't much of one.

prath92

He has played 5 minutes as a LB since he came back. If he's been given a second chance, that isn't much of one.
He didn't play as a LB. he was subbed on for a LB doesn't mean he was a LB. when Klopp subs origi for toure does that mean origi goes to CB? Clearly we went all out attack in the dying mins

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
The intention was to attack though. Obviously he has to play in a position but he was in effect a LW. I doubt anyone would bring januzaj on expecting him to play as an actual wingback.
Van Gaal did that and that wasn't the first time either. He's done it before

dirkey

Not necessarily talking about that second chance. I'm talking about how he looked at the start of the season, wasn't great (bar the goal) in my opinion. He then made no impact at Dortmund. And since he's been back .. why exactly does he deserve a run? Maybe he's been utter rubbish in training, that's my point. People haven't a clue, they assume he deserves a chance based on his performances of 2 years ago.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It's be really sad if we feck up the development of one of the best players to come through our academy in recent times.

Of all the things LVG has fecked this is one that really annoys and angers me. The kid is the real deal and he needs to be nurtured. IF only Fergie was still here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's be really sad if we feck up the development of one of the best players to come through our academy in recent times.

Of all the things LVG has fecked this is one that really annoys and angers me. The kid is the real deal and he needs to be nurtured. IF only Fergie was still here.
Same here.

Sometimes you need to prioritize big talents, with Januzaj in LVG's time, it seems to be the exact opposite.

dirkey

You're right. That's why he broke into the Dortmund team and was such a star the....Oh.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
You're right. That's why he broke into the Dortmund team and was such a star the....Oh.
I really don't give a flying feck what he did or didn't do for Dortmund. Nor does it make any difference on how highly I rate him which is entirely based on I've seen of him at United.

Nickosaur

Januzaj's 'stagnation' falls equally on his own head as much as van Gaals.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I won't deny that but I don't think the way his selection was handled helped him at all. He would often go long stretches without playing at all, then be picked for a couple of games and then disappear again. And when he did play there was no consistency in the positions he payed.

It doesn't help him either that we're not a stable club and getting back to the top is more of a priority than helping young players grow. He was fantastic in the first half of the Moyes season and we followed that up by spunking close to a 100m on Di Maria and Mata who occupied his positions. Not saying we were wrong to do that but it does put more pressure on him. When Ronaldo and Rooney were here they were allowed the freedom to play 90 mins every game because their replacements were rather shite. Januzaj doesn't have that luxury.

dirkey

I really don't give a flying feck what he did or didn't do for Dortmund. Nor does it make any difference on how highly I rate him which is entirely based on I've seen of him at United.
Based on what you saw of him 2 years ago .. or since then, out of interest? I could understand it based on his performances when he initially came into the side, but he has been nothing but underwhelming since then.

dirkey

More so on his own head in my opinion. It's up to him to force the manager to play him. Van Gaal has shown throughout his career that age does not matter, if you're ready, you'll play. If you show it to him in training and follow it up in matches, you'll play. Adnan quite simply hasn't done that I'm guessing. I certainly haven't seen him do much in the matches he's played.

FromTheBench

More so on his own head in my opinion. It's up to him to force the manager to play him. Van Gaal has shown throughout his career that age does not matter, if you're ready, you'll play. If you show it to him in training and follow it up in matches, you'll play. Adnan quite simply hasn't done that I'm guessing. I certainly haven't seen him do much in the matches he's played.
Tbf he doesn't fit into LVG's playing philosophy that much.

It's kind of strange that 3 biggest talents coming out of the academy in that age group re Pereira, Wilson and Januzaj are all stagnating or struggling to get in under LVG while he prefers others who talent wise arguably aren't on the same level.

Status
Not open for further replies.