AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

FujiVice

Bit of an Arsenal Fan TV reference on Soccer Saturday today. Robbie must be fecking loving all this. Arsenal's failure is the best thing to happen to him.

DT is the biggest cnut out of the lot. Comes across as an arrogant thug with absolutely no personality whatsoever. Laughed when he tried the "you dont pay to get in" shit with Ian Wright on twitter and Wrighty told him "I'm paid by limping for the rest of my life for playing injured in the cup final for the club." Shut him right up.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Although I like Wenger, their fans had the best chance to actually get their point across to the punditry world. For starters, they could have asked him, when do you think a manager should be sacked? and then built upon this depending on his response

Client6

What is that slang that Troopz uses? Is it North London/London, Scottish (I think he says in the video that's where he was born)? Who talks like that? Do you know of anyone who uses "blud" and "fam" alternatively in each sentence?

I know there was a debate about this on the Caf some time ago but I believe no one could quite explain it.

Also, why didn't he say "blud" or "fam" even once in the Neville interview?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What is that slang that Troopz uses? Is it North London/London, Scottish (I think he says in the video that's where he was born)? Who talks like that? Do you know of anyone who uses "blud" and "fam" alternatively in each sentence?

I know there was a debate about this on the Caf some time ago but I believe no one could quite explain it.

Also, why didn't he say "blud" or "fam" even once in the Neville interview?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicultural_London_English

pixel

It's starting to bother me now that Gary Neville appears to be about the nicest, funniest guy in football. I used to hate him as a player, and now.. IT JUST FEELS SO WRONG!! :lol:
I feel the same way about Carragher. Used to hate him as a player. Now as a pundit, I like him quite a bit.

VanGaalEra

I see the little 888 Sport advertising in the top left corner.

He's been advertising a few bookies recently, got the money rolling in.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I think FullTimeDevils is far better. ArsenalFanTV is just rants and controversial clickbait. FullTimeDevils has good analysis with Statman Dave, transfer reviews, pre-match analysis, the press conferences, 4 way discussion with camera in camera displays and professional graphics and editing. The regular guys are generally sensible yet funny and they have the fancams segment for a broad range of fans. They even have youth profiles, debates, player interviews. I barely watch mutv but watch most FullTimeDevils videos - its laughable that a fan channel could be better than the official channel.
It's difficult to see your post as anything other than partisan.

There is no comparison. Arsenal Fan TV is without doubt much better than FTD.
Agreed. Full time devils is a bit shit

Arsenal fan tv is great

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
These guys call Wenger every foul name under the sun, but cry when a supporter gets called an 'idiot' ?! :confused:
Football fans for you. Never like it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Fener1907

Thought the Neville video was a bit shite. It consisted of them saying they thought they were right to think what they did and Neville defending himself over one incident, with no real interesting discussion about the club's position and where it goes from here. They'd better stick to the meltdowns.

Ban

Boring video tbh. Guys tried to explain themselves, DT sounded the most articulate but nothing special. Gary just repeated same old boring stuff about loyalty, balance, whatever. Arsenal showed more than enough loyalty to Wenger but he's passed it. When it isn't going well you're not obliged to show loyalty any more.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Football fans for you. Never like it when the shoe is on the other foot.
Neville, and especially Carragher, go after critics with a vengeance when responded to.

POF

I was really surprised by the tone of the Neville interview. They brought along all of the "Wenger out" brigade and then didn't even talk about him.

They seemed intent on legitimising themselves as serious media and attempted to do so by showing how far away from that standard they are.

I still find the post match interviews hilarious though.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Wanted to post this here mainly because it seems it was filmed just after GNEV talks with Arsenal TV and it comes up and makes some good points.

JohnnyKills

Although I like Wenger, their fans had the best chance to actually get their point across to the punditry world. For starters, they could have asked him, when do you think a manager should be sacked? and then built upon this depending on his response
Yeah exactly.

Or asked if he thinks United would be better off now had they stuck with moyes (as i believe he argued at thr time) rather than hired Mourinho

Fener1907

Has this been posted yet?

I feel like I'm watching art :lol:

I hope that all of those clips are from the same season. I don't know because I'd never watch their videos if they were winning and praising Arsene and the team.

Bonus Ty at the end. His denial is on a professional level. After the towers came down in 2001, I reckon he went around telling everyone that it was okay because New Yorkers would get more sunshine and be healthier anyway.

Fener1907

'Our away fans are the best in the league.' does he really believe that?
Not quite as bad as 'Chel-sea! Chel-sea! Chel-seeea! Chel-sea!" but I remember their fans going through some stinker like 'We love you Arsenal, we do...' for an eternity at OT. Not a statement I'd like to "stand by," that's for sure.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Fans of every club think that.
This is completely right. Fans of every top club in the country (and even a lot of those who historically have 'cauldron stadiums' are now incredibly quiet in their own home and most clubs of any standing have a pretty good away support who usually outsing the home team.

JohnnyKills

Not quite as bad as 'Chel-sea! Chel-sea! Chel-seeea! Chel-sea!" but I remember their fans going through some stinker like 'We love you Arsenal, we do...' for an eternity at OT. Not a statement I'd like to "stand by," that's for sure.
Yeah in terms of song variety they are pretty poor. United seem to have a new song every month but Arsenal stick to the same two or three songs that have been sung by football fans since the dawn of time.

Peanut Butter

Arse and Chelsea fans are shit home and away. They generally have like 2 songs.

Utd fans are incredible on the road.

Peanut Butter

What's their excuse at home, then? Old Trafford's hardly been a fortress of intimidation in recent years.
Supporters of the huge clubs that go to home games are made up of day trippers from China, USA, Ireland etc and they don't always know all of the songs OR don't like to sing because there are so many different nationalities sitting together (Nothing wrong with being a day tripper by the way - its exactly what I am these days.)

That's why Anfield and Old Trafford are generally quiet on match day.

The away Utd support is the hardcore. I have been to a few aways and it has always been mostly Mancunians who know every song and don't miss a game. A completely different set of fans basically.

Last edited:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Terrible interview. Gary tries to laugh things off when he gets nervous. Doesn't really have a leg to stand on with his nonsense about traditions and his view that managers should never be told to leave. Of course the Fan TV muppets are too dumb to take advantage and would rather harp on about the great injustice of a fan being called an idiot. :rolleyes:

Peanut Butter

He said recent years

OT has been a lot better this year imo
You're right, he did.

And yes OT has been better this season but it's still quiet. Still louder than Anfield mind you - that place has been a morgue for as long as I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.