AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He's been hunting he wants him out for a while. Just keeps playing devil's advocate.
Agreed. I had actually said previously to someone who was under the impression that Robbie was part of the 'Wenger In' camp that it was more likely he was conflicted on the matter. No longer conflicted apparently.

foolsgold

Bild are reporting that Arsenal have opened talks with Thomas Tuchel, manager of Borussia Dortmund.

Fall back position or is AW going ?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
All over twitter that he has decided to stay at arsenal

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Near, far...
Goonersworld said:
Us old **** have a job to do and it's to stop fans who have only known Wenger believing the sky will fall in when he leaves. Our arse will go on.

MadMike

All over twitter that he has decided to stay at arsenal
The fact that an unconditional offer is still on the table and it's Wenger's choice to make, is pretty poor from the Arsenal board. Complete lack of ambition

Fener1907

I wonder if they'd give up their fifteen minutes of fame and whatever money it brings in exchange for Arsenal winning the title.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Looks like Robbie finally turned.

Haven't seen Robbie speak his mind, usually he's an arbitrator and interviewer. He comes across as well spoken and his opinions are well thought out. Seems like a decent chap.

I think what makes his channel so popular is that many fans share the same frustrations. The channel gives normal fans a platform that perhaps didn't exist years ago. And in Arsenal's case, most fans can relate because these are issues that have been ongoing for a decade. Also, their global fanbase and rivalries are big enough to support heavy traffic to the channel, which compounds the success.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I think it would actually be in the best interest of AFTV to see Wenger go. I personally am completely bored of the rants, through no fault of their own, but the same thing is being said every week.

A new manager would mean new material and after Wenger being in charged this long I'm absolutely convinced that Arsenal would struggle for a while to find their feet again. Imagine a new manager, so much optimism, followed by another poor season.

arthurka

I feel for them..
It´s funny but us Utd fans should know better than to laugh at them, we are in this shit now.

LouisDanGaal

I think it would actually be in the best interest of AFTV to see Wenger go. I personally am completely bored of the rants, through no fault of their own, but the same thing is being said every week.

A new manager would mean new material and after Wenger being in charged this long I'm absolutely convinced that Arsenal would struggle for a while to find their feet again. Imagine a new manager, so much optimism, followed by another poor season.
Its viewing figures are going up and up. I think you're in the minority. I for one want wenger to stay for the benefit of AFTV.

JON.B

Sloop
It's been clear for a while that Arsenal have stagnated under Wenger, it's now clear that they're regressing under him with little sign that will change for the better. How a manager in that position gets to dictate his own future is completely bewildering.

If Arsenal football club want to truly get back to challenging for the league, never mind finding a manager capable of building a side that can compete for the Champions league, then they have to part ways with Wenger.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I feel for them..
It´s funny but us Utd fans should know better than to laugh at them, we are in this shit now.
Our situation is more positive. We have a coach we know is a winner and a CEO, who will spend anything to get us back to the top. Their two best players are off. I would say we are in a considerably better situation

pixel

Its viewing figures are going up and up. I think you're in the minority. I for one want wenger to stay for the benefit of AFTV.
It's interesting now for sure. But if he stays and they are in a similar situation next year (which is the more likely outcome) the rants would start feeling stale.

LouisDanGaal

It's interesting now for sure. But if he stays and they are in a similar situation next year (which is the more likely outcome) the rants would start feeling stale.
You're forgetting about the initial few months of the season where they've just signed a new player or two and won a couple of games and are in a decent league position. The positivity then provides an excellent counterpoint to the ranting when January February comes about.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
At first I thought Ty was a fictional character but at work today, I met the white middle class equivalent of TY.. he basically said he hates the 'Wenger Out' camp and wouldn't mind if he stayed 5 more years, just to see them shut up. He did say he was almost running out of patience though.

arthurka

Our situation is more positive. We have a coach we know is a winner and a CEO, who will spend anything to get us back to the top. Their two best players are off. I would say we are in a considerably better situation
Yes but we have been doing this for over 4 years now and are still trying for fourth place.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes but we have been doing this for over 4 years now and are still trying for fourth place.
We went 26 years without a title, it happens.

I wonder if Wenger will mention about the pace of Sane and Sterling and do absolutely nothing about like against W.B.A?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
expect wenger to sign a new contract, then go full dark wenger, get rid of all the dross, demand a huge transfer kitty, spend it all on top players with huge wages, basically go balls to the wall on winning the title/CL over the next two years, then leave arsenal in the red with a big FU to the fans

oh who am i kidding, he'll do exactly the same sh*t he's done these last 5 years, it will be two more years of groundhog day

Last edited:

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
To be honest, the more it's gone on the more I like some of these guys. Robbie always comes across well, and I think DT and Troops are pretty entertaining. Watched DT's video blog from West Brom expecting a laugh but actually enjoyed it.

Bully is always daft, so is Ty. Moh is full of shit, and I do find putting a camera in Claude's face for Youtube views pretty unsettling considering his previous, but it's hard to disagree with what a bunch of the others have to say.

All that said, I do only tune in to laugh at them after a bad loss. You'll never catch me watching AFTV after a win :lol:

Robertd0803

Probably been mentioned already but anyone else notice the continuing trend of Spiderman impersonators in the backgrounds of these videos? :lol::lol: In DTs one this week there is a West Brom fan hanging off a railing making 3-1 gestures with his hands (or else a pretty odd Arsenal fan) after the odd fellow hanging off a lamp post after the Bayern game at the Emirates.

VanGaalEra

Can someone time me what's Claude's story, I see people referencing it, but don't actually know the background to it.
Not sure he's mentally strong enough to deal with certain things when they go wrong.

He's gone 'missing' on a few occasions and I don't think he's been well the past couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.