Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

txred

Obviously hard to defend his actions leading to the sending off, but he was better today and, for me, he was often our most threatening player amid all the rubbish that was the Newcastle match.

He's just not the same player playing out wide for 90 minutes. Yes, he whipped in some great crosses and diagonal balls today, but how often have we seen that?

Up until his moment of madness, the only real hole in his match today was his lack of a right foot. We may very well have had a 3-1 advantage if he was more comfortable with his weaker side. As such (and going back to last season with Real), the fact remains that he's at his best on the left side of a three man midfield (with freedom to roam and run at pace, of course). It's not only that he isn't as comfortable striking a ball with his right, but even moreso that he won't control a ball or dribble on that side.

Anyway, I know we're all disappointed with his lack of composure tonight. Sadly, utilizing him still remains a task for the management after he serves his ban.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He was already on a yellow when he dived but the ref only got the card out after he grabbed him. Was all a bit confusing.
He got booked for the dive, which is why he grabbed the ref mate

R'hllor

He made a mistake,it was silly,maybe in Spain he would get away with it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Idiotic red card, but thought generally he was looking good with his play. Oh well, 1 step forwards and 2 steps back. Hopefully he can get out of his slump soon. Hopefully he's only banned for one game and not more.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He was already on a yellow when he dived but the ref only got the card out after he grabbed him. Was all a bit confusing.
I think the yellow you're referring to was the Herrera yellow in the first half. They showed that Di Maria had gotten it but they corrected it afterwards.

Roman Bellic

Prick
He's been poor but there are clear signs of quality, just needs to change his attitude a bit. He clearly has the natural ability to cut it here so let's be patient with him. Also fans need to stop thinking about the 60million quid, he was never worth that amount of money and I said as much at the time. He'll come good lads, let's be patient a bit.
So how much did you value him at Real Madrid then? there are clear signs of quality in almost every player, we are talking about the best outfield player in the team

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Cheating twat, how many times has he rolled around looking for fouls this season?

I'd happily take a loss on him at this point as long as we can recoup the majority of his transfer fee. Not Knee jerk either, he has frankly been shocking for us.

Anduin

I'm sorry, but his antics piss me off so much I'm almost at the point of wanting to get rid. What a stupendous red card, and his diving is a fecking disgrace. He has been pretty much useless for months, the odd assist aside.

arthurka

Played well tonight but needs to get his head out of his ass, this is the EPL not La Liga what he did all night driving with the idiotic end of all cost us the match.. And on my birthday Di Maria you owe big time..

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Cheating twat, how many times has he rolled around looking for fouls this season?

I'd happily take a loss on him at this point as long as we can recoup the majority of his transfer fee. Not Knee jerk either, he has frankly been shocking for us.
Said it a few times already, but he was quite good at times tonight. Arguably our most effective attacker in the first half.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He got 2 yellows, I'm 99% sure of that. First for the dive, second for messing with the ref. I thought they showed he got a yellow on TV (instead of Herrera), so maybe they mixed it up.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Said it a few times already, but he was quite good at times tonight. Arguably our most effective attacker in the first half.
Was he £60million good though? It's more his diving and rolling around pointlessly that annoys me, rather than his performances tbh.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Was he £60million good though? It's more his diving and rolling around pointlessly that annoys me, rather than his performances tbh.
Oh no, not at all, he's been absolutely nowhere near justifying his hefty price tag. Just think some of the criticism about his performances have arguably been a bit excessive today when it's been one of his better performances.

Dominos

He's incredibly stupid, but this has similarities with the outrage at Rooney when he got a red card earlier in the season. "Should've sold him in the summer", "will never be captain material", "letting his team mates down again". Fast forward a few weeks and people realised he'd simply made a mistake and it's possible to move on from it.

Having said that, what an absolute complete retard he is. Just hopes he starts showing his first half form today more often when he returns.

Will Singh

Dive if your gonna lose possession but not for the sake of getting a free kick! He has pissed me off tonight and if he doesn't sort himself out he can feck off, we will be lucky to get £30m at this rate!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Maybe he got reprimanded for letting Hart off and told to start handing out punishments in the future.
Possibly. Either way I don't really blame him. It's hardly a Nani vs Madrid situation. It's one of those that we could've easily gotten away with and no one would've cared, but that you also can't really complain that we didn't. He touched him, the ref was in that kind of mood, c'est la vie. It's certainly unappealable.

justboy68

With all the attention on the red card it's easy to forget he was also totally at fault for their first goal. Great cross for the equalizer but he's turning into more of a burden than a genuine match winner for us.
Totally at fault? :lol: Really? Not anything to do with Smalling and Valencia completely losing their heads,or our other defenders letting Chamberlain casually stroll between them as easy as you like. It's totally the fault of Di Maria not tracking the full back?

Roman Bellic

Prick
How many TOP teams would actually want to sign Di Maria? we are stuck with him for a while, might aswell expect good performances, i haven't seen an overall outstanding performance form him since the Everton game and that was 25 matches ago

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Next season cant come quick enough. Angel will bounce back. He reminds me of Fellaini in a way, you know when both are having bad games, they dont hide. Any one see Mesut Ozil tonight?

diarm

Pathetic.
Himself and Januzaj can both apologise for shaming the club tonight or both can feck off in the summer.

justboy68

It's a real shame for him because he was having his best game for ages. The going down easily and acting like he's had both his legs sawed off each time is incredibly annoying, but still it wasn't a booking considering the precedent the ref set for the game with Welbeck/Sanchez. The grab was silly but not as bad as being made out, and nowhere near as bad as Oliver's fanny reaction made it seem.

This will really set him back again though. Probably with the fans too they will be on his back more than ever. Not a pretty situation at this point.

matt23

Totally at fault? :lol: Really? Not anything to do with Smalling and Valencia completely losing their heads,or our other defenders letting Chamberlain casually stroll between them as easy as you like. It's totally the fault of Di Maria not tracking the full back?
Well yeh, if Di Maria had tracked his man they wouldn't have scored. Valencia was out of position but it was Di Maria's man who strolled past him

walsh

Played well, better than he has for ages, obviously then backed it up by getting sent off. Not his year so far is it? Still class though and is too good to struggle for much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.