5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedRepublic

Friggins You are too funny the guy just came back from injury and you expect him to be match fit for full 90 minutes. Just checking your post history shows the agenda you have against Martial either way he contributed to the first goal so you can say what ever you like and he was the only on capable to turn with his back to goal and go forward.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
By normal striking standards he's was somewhere between a bit men and alright.

By 2022 Cristiano Ronaldo standards it was an elite CF performance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tired?

The game showed he lacks the mentality to last 90 and incisiveness that is good enough for united. That is something he has never shown throughout his career. Replace him with a quality, no united quality.
Tired because he just came off a long injury and isn't match fit for a full game yet? fecking hell why do you hate the guy so much? Is he not allowed to recover from an injury like literally every other player does?

Member 101269

@Friggins You are too funny the guy just came back from injury and you expect him to be match fit for full 90 minutes. Just checking your post history shows the agenda you have against Martial either way he contributed to the first goal so you can say what ever you like and he was the only on capable to turn with his back to goal and go forward.
No, I don't expect Martial to perform consistently, he never has, unlike many that want to use any excuse

Irwin99

His hold up play was good i felt. Naturally just seemed to get tired and more ineffectual as the game went on.

Please stay fit.

UnitedRepublic

No, I don't expect Martial to perform consistently, he never has, unlike many that want to use any excuse
Tell me another player except for Messi and Ronaldo Thats performed consictantly through out their playing time. Martial might have his best 5 years ahead of him.

UnitedRepublic

Should be sold next summer, far too inconsistent and injury prone.

He isn't clinical enough to lead the line for us long term either.
Should be sold ? Who is the striker that we have then ? Are you really that stupid ?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Tell me another player except for Messi and Ronaldo Thats performed consictantly through out their playing time. Martial might have his best 5 years ahead of him.
He might... he might not... but he might and he might not.

People still waiting for him to start playing solid football on regular basis and I don't see anything bad in it.

Member 101269

He's apparently upset and insulted at a shirt number change and talks to the media; his head goes down when put under pressure for #1. It isn't just about injury. he needs to go out and perform, he doesn't do it.

Stadjer

Did do well in the first half. More usefull than Ronaldo or Rashford when involved in the build up of an attack. If he gets to build up his fitness, play some games to get match fitness, doesnt get injured than he will have a fine season i think.

Could have scored but the keeper made a good save.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Lovely work for the first goal and a few other good moments but we got overrun in the second half. He adds a lot to our football. It would be nice to field three attackers with an assured technical game. Would love to see how Garnacho - Martial - Antony would work. I'd add Sancho but his form is awful.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
People don’t know ball, I’m glad our manager does & rates him even when he’s half fit.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Didnt watch the game till late second half but surely he cant be worse than Ronaldo ?

Chief123

You can say what you want about him but the truth is he makes us better. He makes things happen. Whether it’s his strength, close dribbling, link up play, pace….he makes things happen! It’s no coincidence we look cohesive when he plays and looked broken when he came off.

Some of the critics on here are chatting absolute bollocks. They deserve to watch disjointed and broken Ronaldo. Idiots.

Jeffthered

You think we should gamble on that? Make him our No 9, and that's that? Or do we seek better? Because he is not the best No 9 out there. No way. I have no idea why some on here seem desperate to keep him at all costs. He is ok, can be v good, but is inconsistent, uninspirational, is not clinical in front of goal, and is frequently injured. That's just one of those things, but we have to move on from this. Really.

UnitedRepublic

He's apparently upset and insulted at a shirt number change and talks to the media; his head goes down when put under pressure for #1. It isn't just about injury.
Any human being coming to a club performing getting done by Mourinho like that would get pissed simple as that. He did the interview just so people like you can understand he’s been sacrificing himself for Ole and the team but didn’t get anything but shit for it.
People don’t know ball, I’m glad our manager does & rates him even when he’s half fit.
This. I’m not even gonna fight people on here that comes to bash the guy yes he missed chances today but he also created and showed what we’ve been missing. People think other strikers will do a better job I don’t agree with that they might be more clinical but we lack some things in midfield that Martial makes up from the striker position.

Member 101269

You think we should gamble on that? Make him our No 9, and that's that? Or do we seek better? Because he is not the best No 9 out there. No way. I have no idea why some on here seem desperate to keep him at all costs. He is ok, can be v good, but is inconsistent, uninspirational, is not clinical in front of goal, and is frequently injured. That's just one of those things, but we have to move on from this. Really.
agree: I'm not sure ever we could say of Marital, give it to him he'll win us the game. Martial is not even a mid-table sf

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven

He was pretty good I thought, should have done better with a couple of his chances but it was great seeing an actual CF at CF. There's a good chance now for ETH to really build up his fitness over the coming weeks and have him at peak physicality by Christmas.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We look so much better without Ronaldo and Martial upfront.

In saying that neither Martial or Rashford will ever become deadly forwards. Both miss too many chances but it's still preferable to having a soon to be 38yr old upfront.

Longshanks

Good performance I thought if he had taken one of his chances would of been an very good performance.

Some good hold up and link up play and we looked at our best offensively when he was involved and getting on the ball.

Just lacking a little match fitness maybe. Understanable having had a few injuries and so little game time. Hope we can keep him fit for the second half of the season a fully fit and firing martial could be a very useful asset to us.

Superunknown

He should definitely be starting this season, if fit.

However, I would be disappointed if he was still our first choice option next season. He is entirely upgradeable. I still watch him play and don't see 'it'. In the short term, I hope he has a good season and is able to stay fit for much of it and put in some great performances. In the longer term, as nice as he was today, I still don't look at him and consider him to be our starting CF if we aiming to get top 4 and eventually a title.

SAFMUTD

Great hold play but God damn how many chances did he miss? Not good enough, need to be way more clinical.

Can't expect us to create 3-4 clear cut chances for him to score.

AlexUTD

Tired?

The game showed he lacks the mentality to last 90 and incisiveness that is good enough for united. That is something he has never shown throughout his career. Replace him with a quality, no united quality.
He has been injured almost the whole start of the season,how is he supposed to be fully fit?

Maybe you have not noticed but Premier League is a high intensity game.

I prefer to listen to Ten Hag wich really likes Martial, than you a couch manager.

CloneMC16

He is way better than our other options upfront. Our chance creation is so much better with him. The ball sticks to him and he makes much better decisions than our other options. He had a good 1st half, but faded in the 2nd. We need him fit to finish top 4. Should have scored the header he had in the 1st half, though.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Can hopefully be like a new signing after the break with chance to get up to speed. Same with Sancho to an extent.

RuudTom83

He is important to the team...no doubt!

He has 6 weeks of training now to get healthy and fit.

Stadjer

Great hold play but God damn how many chances did he miss? Not good enough, need to be way more clinical.

Can't expect us to create 3-4 clear cut chances for him to score.
Martial his finishing is fine. A bit unlucky today but really no need to claim he needs to be more clinical. When he was scoring goals people were literally saying that he has ice in his veins because he was so ''cool/cold'' with his inside of the foot finishes....

He had three chances to score? The first one where Rashford passed the ball ''under'' him so he couldnt get that shot of quick enough. Martial has excellent technique so i blame that more on the pass. The other miss was a very good save from the keeper. Keeper made himself big and the ball touched him and it went out. It happens, that is the job of a goalkeeper. I actually find it a bit annoying that almost every missed chance is called ''missing a sitter'' as if the opponent plays without a goalkeeper. Leno used to be german international and is a fine goalkeeper. I thought Eriksen placing the ball next to the goal just before half time was a bigger miss than any of Martial his misses. The header that Martial missed today is difficult, did well to get to the ball and was pushed a little in the back. It isnt a 100% goal. Certainly not 'clear cut chances'.

Yes, would have been nice if he scored but he isnt a bad finisher and this was just unlucky with his finishing today.

SAFMUTD

Martial his finishing is fine. A bit unlucky today but really no need to claim he needs to be more clinical. When he was scoring goals people were literally saying that he has ice in his veins because he was so ''cool/cold'' with his inside of the foot finishes....

He had three chances to score? The first one where Rashford passed the ball ''under'' him so he couldnt get that shot of quick enough. Martial has excellent technique so i blame that more on the pass. The other miss was a very good save from the keeper. Keeper made himself big and the ball touched him and it went out. It happens, that is the job of a goalkeeper. I actually find it a bit annoying that almost every missed chance is called ''missing a sitter'' as if the opponent plays without a goalkeeper. Leno used to be german international and is a fine goalkeeper. I thought Eriksen placing the ball next to the goal just before half time was a bigger miss than any of Martial his misses. The header that Martial missed today is difficult, did well to get to the ball and was pushed a little in the back. It isnt a 100% goal. Certainly not 'clear cut chances'.

Yes, would have been nice if he scored but he isnt a bad finisher and this was just unlucky with his finishing today.
Unlucky or whatever but a Manchester United striker should be bagging those. We need strikers who overachieve their xG, just as top strikers do.

Today was frustrating, luckily Garnacho managed to score in the last minute but having draw that game after missing so many chances would've been disappointing to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.