Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkydaz

I still don't think Qatar will buy Utd.

There will be powerful forces out to stop it from happening, both internally and externally.

I think someone else will match their bid and it'll be politically easier for the Glazers to sell to the alternative bidder.
The Glazers would happily sell us to Satan

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Literally long enough for you to change your opinion tbf.
As it happens I have. I agree with you now believe it or not. I think you are totally right and Qatar should be shunned totally and completely by the western world.

All hail the Glazers.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Technically no, I haven't shifted my viewpoint. I said a few weeks ago that I "might be finished as a supporter" which indicates I had not fully made any decision and was thinking about things.
You don’t have to justify yourself mate. This place has gone bonkers.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Felt sad tonight shortly after the game when I remembered the takeover stuff. I'm not sure how strongly I'll feel when the time comes, if we are to be a state sport-washing project, but I'm pretty sure if I had a vote and it was between that or the status quo I'd like things to stay as they are.

cyberman

We’re competing with them though. They’ve spent the money. How does us inevitably spending less than they have the last two windows = cheat mode?
But it’s like taking out pay day loans. It’s not sustainable.
I’m sure Spurs etc could get higher in the table if they let everything infrastructure wise go to complete shit and just discussed in transfers
Thats how The Glazers disguised what they were taking out. If they kept what was needed for Basic upkeep our spend would be a lot less.We didn’t have a chest code we had reckless spending

Smores

If some of my more recent posts had been read you would have seen that I’ve said numerous times the club isn’t the owner, and you can support the club without defending the owner. I would never defend any owner over any wrongdoing.
Yeah your choice seems to be getting giddy over the benefits and dissociation of the ownership. You don't see the issue with that?

The club and players as all staff will be under gagging orders so they won't be able to say a word but us fans aren't. Pretending the owners are nothing to do with us and that turning a blind eye isn't an act akin to defending them whilst cheering the financial benefits is so incredibly depressing.

Some of you are just upset that others are harshing your vibe whilst you want to celebrate a sugar daddy. At least theyll buy your silence with shiny new toys I guess.

stevoc

I get people aren't happy. And I understand. I just don't understand what can be achieved by moaning on a forum?!
It's not even moaning, it's naive moaning into the ether. I appreciate that everyone has different views but the 'holier than thou' routine is tiresome, and even doubly tiresome when there's doubled down moral outrage because you don't agree with them.

Today's extremists even told us to consider what the rival fan may think of us, and as we all know, as fans of Manchester United, our joys and disappointments revolve solely around what rivals fans think of us.
At this stage there seems to be more posts moaning about the moaning posts than the original posts they're moaning about.

But also to be fair if you removed all the posts on here from the past decade that could be described as moaning, there'd be very little left to read.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yep, though frustratingly we are coming close again, just need an affluent and nonchalant family to own us and appoint a Gill to help out ETH. All this oil money bollox will just serve as a distraction.
I don't feel like we're close, not yet anyway. And I don't think we'll get there again in our lifetimes. On the pitch we were exciting and dominant. But Fergie himself, was so much more than just a manager. I feel like part of the club, the magic, the values, the community feel between the club and the fans, it all left with him. Instead we've been left to look at the club for what it is without him in charge, and it just feels soulless now. He created the identity for the club, built on history of what came before him also, and I just don't see it any more.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Yeah your choice seems to be getting giddy over the benefits and dissociation of the ownership. You don't see the issue with that?

The club and players as all staff will be under gagging orders so they won't be able to say a word but us fans aren't. Pretending the owners are nothing to do with us and that turning a blind eye isn't an act akin to defending them whilst cheering the financial benefits is so incredibly depressing.

Some of you are just upset that others are harshing your vibe whilst you want to celebrate a sugar daddy. At least theyll buy your silence with shiny new toys I guess.
Or some of us have just accepted the reality of the situation and don’t live in an idealist fantasy land? I absolutely hated these type of owners at the other clubs, 100%. Was that some jealousy that our position was under threat? Our targets being stolen? Also, 100%. In an ideal world would any of this be happening? No.

Here’s the idea I’ve come to accept though, as a football fan I hated these owners because of the success they brought to other clubs, the moral argument was never the leading one for me. It’s far too complicated and where does the line end? What do you boycott? Everything? Nothing is clean anymore. Do I want an owner that will continue to make us competitive on the pitch? Yes. I’ve come to terms with it.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Ok Robocop.
I’m not saying anything of the sort! The country has an incredibly backwards way of thinking, but it is their country and their rules.
WW2 was fought because Germany INVADED other countries not because of domestic policies.

Qatar are about 100 years behind the West in their acceptance of homosexuality and woman’s rights etc.Staging a pro LGBTQ protest in their country is going to result in being thrown in jail (best case scenario) or being thrown off a building or cut into small pieces (worst case scenario).

The best way to deal with Qatar and their backwards thinking is to completely ignore them.
It’s despicable that we are having to discuss this in 2023, but I really don’t know what the answer is. Their religion and laws forbid homosexuality by punishment of death. Until they decide to change this outlook, my advice would be for any homosexual to stay as far away from that horrible place as possible.
Thst isn’t what I’ve said at all! Nothing is going to change until the religion and laws are modernised. In the mean time any homosexual person is likely to be murdered there for protesting etc.

They believe that homosexuality is a forbidden sin in the eyes of their God. It doesn’t matter if you have one protestor or a million. Nothing will change until their is a reformation of their religion.

How dare you call me a coward. I have never called anybody a coward. I had two grandfathers that fought in WW2. One that travelled through the Belsen concentration camp and one that fought at Dunkirk. I stand with anybody that fights against tyranny and evil. Unfortunately any form of protesting in Qatar is just going to result in lots of full body bags for homosexuals. It’s despicable but it’s the reality of the situation.
Serve the public, protect the innocent, uphold the law.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't feel like we're close, not yet anyway. And I don't think we'll get there again in our lifetimes. On the pitch we were exciting and dominant. But Fergie himself, was so much more than just a manager. I feel like part of the club, the magic, the values, the community feel between the club and the fans, it all left with him. Instead we've been left to look at the club for what it is without him in charge, and it just feels soulless now. He created the identity for the club, built on history of what came before him also, and I just don't see it any more.
If you were expecting us to be like the Fergie years again, I've got something else to sell you.

Those years won't be repeated again. The world has changed a lot since then.

jm99

If you were expecting us to be like the Fergie years again, I've got something else to sell you.

Yeah the thing is, this always happens, I'm sure people watching in the 60s felt that once the game went more global, the club had lost its identity, even though it was time that we all felt was great growing up, football has been moving away from local sports to global entertainment for a long time, this is just the latest step

TsuWave

we dished out shit to other clubs for a reason and we should if were being honest do the same to our new owners. No need to be hypocrits about it.

you're just like the same city and Newcastle fans excited about their takeovers. If that doesn't feel nice its for a reason.
Nobody cares.

Mbappe on the left

Abdullah7

The Qataris are smooth where a takeover is taking place. They already know the outcome of their bid. Just relax.
I told you so on Wednesday.

Saudi, Qatari, Kuwaiti, Emarati, Bahraini or Omani it doesn't matter it We're all Khaleeji. I know my people and how they do business. When I say it'll happen don't take it with a pinch of salt. ;)

The exodus of top reds would be a welcome sight.
What a world when twigginator is the voice of reason, haha
Not much, @Wumminator has been conducting the Caf equivalent of the Nuremberg trials. Only #TopReds remain.
:lol:

Last edited:

Rolaholic

The sport and league itself have changed to the point where it's now just about impossible to have a similar sustained run of dominance/excellence over a lengthy period of time under 1 manager like that.

Forget Fergie, I'd be shocked if we see managers staying on for as long as Wenger did.

The current longest tenured manager in Europe currently, Simeone, is only halfway there.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Exactly this.
INEOS shareholders and Board would never allow a £5billion loan to be paid off from profits of the existing business. They will be assured that the interest payments would be met by the profits of the new company they were buying.
IE us. IE back to square 1
Plus other C suites and middle management's bonuses will be affected by the 5billion quid 'loan'.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Serve the public, protect the innocent, uphold the law.
I stand by all of those comments. But that doesn’t mean that I can walk away from Manchester United.

In a perfect world a British billionaire would buy the club, remove all debt and provide the infrastructure changes we need. But that is incredibly unlikely.

Do I agree with some religions beliefs when it comes to sexuality and women’s rights? No I don’t. But I have no control over that and it’s not my place to tell someone that their religion is wrong.

What you are doing to posters tonight is pathetic. You can wash your hands of the club if you wish and that’s fine. It’s your choice pal. But many of us can’t and that’s not wrong either.

sglowrider

Liverpool and Arsenal are the only big clubs left without sugar daddies. It won't stay that way for long.
Its just the PL going onto another level. Used to be clubs owned by rich folks or hereditary. Then it was owned by multi-millionaires, then a single-digit billionaire.

But with the success of the PL, its now the business of the top 1-2% of billionaires (there are 2,000+ billionaires in the world) or super deep-pocket entities.

Its the inevitable development of a very successful product.

Tarrou

Exactly this.
INEOS shareholders and Board would never allow a £5billion loan to be paid off from profits of the existing business. They will be assured that the interest payments would be met by the profits of the new company they were buying.
IE us. IE back to square 1
the shareholders and board are three people, they can do whatever they like, and they seem to like investing in sports

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

The world has changed? Perhaps. But ultimately there's just not anybody capable of filling his boots. Like I said, he was more than just a manager, he was the soul of the club. He set standards, he brought ideology that we all bought into. The morals, the values. The way he followed his principles in a what was already a murky industry with financial doping, and still came out on top more often than not, was remarkable. Now we're just like the rest, except we have a good story behind our name. Our standards and dignity has been eroded away ever since. The Super League debacle was the end of the old United.

sglowrider

Those two and Tottenham will get massive investment at some point. In the next 10 years, it's coming. There's no avoiding it now.
That's why the ESL's future going forward is to battle with the current Superleague, the PL. And that's why we will need powerful allies at the UEFA level if not FIFA.

Eddy_JukeZ

The world has changed? Perhaps. But ultimately there's just not anybody capable of filling his boots. Like I said, he was more than just a manager, he was the soul of the club. He set standards, he brought ideology that we all bought into. The morals, the values. The way he followed his principles in a what was already a murky industry with financial doping, and still came out on top more often than not, was remarkable. Now we're just like the rest, except we have a good story behind our name. Our standards and dignity has been eroded away ever since. The Super League debacle was the end of the old United.
I mean I don't know what you were expecting with all due respect.

There was never going to be a SAF 2.0 - Our fans need to make peace with the fact that SAF and what he brought will never be replicated and any attempts of re-creating that are futile.

I honestly think Ole got so much leeway from some on here(not saying you specifically), because some hoped he could fill that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.