Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kumoli

Supports
Ajax
What a steal from Ajax, comparing to the price that they sold Milik for 35mil euro. Not same position ofcourse but quality/pricewise is Blind much higher rated.

Devil81

Am I the only one who thinks he's slimmed up?

Looks to have lost weight in order to improve his speed in my opinion.

ReDDHDevilS

Another solid performance. Wish he's a bit faster then he'd have been a natural replacement for Carrick. He's a captain material.

C'est Moi Cantona

Wonder if the story of him been for sale is true, seems madness at this stage really, but we do need to sell some revenue makers, and he certainly would be one of them.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I think we'd be crazy to sell him. Solid cover at centre half, centre mid and left back. Intelligent players are thin enough on the ground.

Bwuk

Said it after seeing Bailly against Wigan, I'm pretty sure we will play Bailly and Blind at the back as our main partnership by the end of the season.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
The only position he's ever really impressed me..is in defense. Amazing really. He could maybe do a Carrick role but I don't think he's ever looked a United midfielder. Amazingly, his positioning and awareness compensates for his lack of pace. LVG made a lot of mistakes but in buying Blind has proven to be a great addition to the squad.

Slavkov

I think we'd be crazy to sell him. Solid cover at centre half, centre mid and left back. Intelligent players are thin enough on the ground.
I absolutely agree. He is the most intelligent player we have, he can play in a number of positions and he is a very good squad player at worst. It would not be very wise to sell him. Moreover, he is a likable guy in my opinion. I really hope that he succeed here...

C'est Moi Cantona

Said it after seeing Bailly against Wigan, I'm pretty sure we will play Bailly and Blind at the back as our main partnership by the end of the season.
Nah, not seeing that, assuming no more CB's come in (which they might), then Jose will be all over the Smalling-Bailly partnership, they are everything he wants in a defender, strong, tall, fast, powerful, etc, if it's not working then Blind might come in I suppose, but it'll only be temporary, anyway by all accounts Blind is for sale.

For me he only played today because he has been thoroughly unimpressed with Jones.

diarm

I absolutely agree. He is the most intelligent player we have, he can play in a number of positions and he is a very good squad player at worst. It would not be very wise to sell him. Moreover, he is a likable guy in my opinion. I really hope that he succeed here...
Very much agree with these comments.

Almost as big a part of Fergies best squads as the marquee players, were the great squad players like OShea, Fletcher, Brown, Silvestre, Butt, Solskjaer, Park and more who could slot in and perform at a high level in a number of positions.

Great players will win games but great squads win titles and every great squad needs a few intelligent and adaptable players like Blind.

Aside from all that, I'm yet to see evidence to prove he is anything other than an excellent centre back. He made less errors than Smalling last year, or indeed than any other CB than Alderweirald in the PL. Yes he isn't the biggest or the quickest, but there aren't many smarter players around at the moment and he uses his reading of the game to more than compensate for his physical limitations.

Sylar

I think we will see changes between Smalling, Blind and Baily depending on who we are playing. In a game where we expect bombardment into the box, could see Smalling and Baily start. For a game where you expect us to hold possession, Blind would start imo.

itso 7

Nah, not seeing that, assuming no more CB's come in (which they might), then Jose will be all over the Smalling-Bailly partnership, they are everything he wants in a defender, strong, tall, fast, powerful, etc, if it's not working then Blind might come in I suppose, but it'll only be temporary, anyway by all accounts Blind is for sale.

For me he only played today because he has been thoroughly unimpressed with Jones.
There is no way we are selling Blind this season imo. However I do think that he will alternate with Carrick as DM because he is the only one who comes close to what Carrick offers us even if he is short by quite a distance himself.

Ibi Dreams

I would hate to sell him, he's such a great option to have in the squad and seems very happy to be here. I would certainly be interested in him going back into midfield, he's still just 26 and could develop into a great Carrick like player. Carrick himself only really became great in his late 20s

Slavkov

There is no way we are selling Blind this season imo. However I do think that he will alternate with Carrick as DM because he is the only one who comes close to what Carrick offers us even if he is short by quite a distance himself.
Absolutely and deep lying playmakers are such scarcity nowadays. Players like Carrick, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso are rare to see. I thought about it and I really cannot think of someone we could bring that can play in Carrick's role, probably only Kroos...

C'est Moi Cantona

So where does that leave Schneiderlin then?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Wonder if the story of him been for sale is true, seems madness at this stage really, but we do need to sell some revenue makers, and he certainly would be one of them.
Don't think so based on what Mourinho said post-game. Clearly appreciates his calmness and organisational skills at the back and at the very least he's a good foil for the inexperienced Bailly. Don't think he'd want to play Jones and Bailly together if Smalling's out.

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
I made a topic about it a while ago -- the kid has made a habit of it of proving people wrong. At Ajax youth,at the national team, in the Dutch league where he was the best player period before Memphis' breakout season. He defied the odds again and became part of the first eleven at United. He may have done it again in convincing Jose Mourinho.

podurban2

I hope we never sell Blind, we wouldn't even get a good price and he is a great asset to have. He will face stiff competition for a CB spot with Bailly playing very well. I want to see him in the DM role where he played for Ajax, it may suit him perfectly now that he has gotten used to PL defending. Could become Mou's new Cambiasso, who was in my opinion the most important element of that Inter team.

Last edited:

C'est Moi Cantona

Don't think so based on what Mourinho said post-game. Clearly appreciates his calmness and organisational skills at the back and at the very least he's a good foil for the inexperienced Bailly. Don't think he'd want to play Jones and Bailly together if Smalling's out.
No agree with this, it just depends if someone else comes in, as Rojo is obviously not a viable option either.

m1y2

everytime he plays like this for a while I start thinking he could be decent starter even as a CB but then there is a game of two with big errors, so we will see how it works out for him this season, he has a another game to impress, could have another blinder against Bmouth. I think he was very good today btw.

itso 7

So where does that leave Schneiderlin then?
I think, as the season progresses, the gulf in our performances with and without Carrick will become clearer and Carrick's inability to play three times a week will force Mourinho to look towards Blind, Schneiderlin is too limited on the ball to play a starring role in midfield at this level imo.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Duncan Castles, now before you laugh (again) he has pretty good this summer.
So one account from a renowned idiot who has been trying to push that since the minute Mourinho walked in based solely on Blind not being big and strong. Mourinho has already said players not in his plans wouldn't be playing, Blind is one of the most played players so far in pre-season and has started every game. He isn't going anywhere.

C'est Moi Cantona

So one account from a renowned idiot who has been trying to push that since the minute Mourinho walked in based solely on Blind not being big and strong. Mourinho has already said players not in his plans wouldn't be playing, Blind is one of the most played players so far in pre-season and has started every game. He isn't going anywhere.
Well let's hope you're right, as like you I want to keep him, I do think though that we will sell a couple of players of that will fetch a decent fee, and we don't have too many of those.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I doubt he is for sale.
Judging by the fact that he played today (and all of pre-season), tells me that he will play the vast majority of first team games (just as he did last season).
Remember, he is versatile, so even if he can't play in CB, he can play LB (if Shaw gets injured) or he can play DM (which is his favoured position).
My gut tells me that he will be a MUFC player for many years to come.

Last edited:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think Schneiderlin will mostly be a sub, sent on to close a game out. He'll be one of Mourinhos lieutenants.
...and lets not forget, the season is long. I think Jose expects to play around 60 games.
Providing the player is in decent form, he'll get game time.

Aussie_Red_Devil

How would he go as a DM in midfield with Pogba? I think Bailly and Smalling will be the startind CBs but Blind deserves to play. Midfield might be the place where he can get most game time.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why would we sell such a good passer? Should be playing in midfield.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
People seriously think he's up for sale? Mourinho has been having a paddy for weeks about our shite pre season so why would he sell a player that has featured throughout it exactly?
He was great today I can see him and Bailly forming a solid partnership at the back if that's the centre back pairing we go with. If not then I'd play him in midfield for sure, Daley needs to be on the pitch somewhere.

everytime he plays like this for a while I start thinking he could be decent starter even as a CB but then there is a game of two with big errors, so we will see how it works out for him this season, he has a another game to impress, could have another blinder against Bmouth. I think he was very good today btw.
We play Fellaini nearly every game and errors don't get much bigger than his yesterday.

Carrick did the same in the last game.

It happens.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Interesting really when at least for the moment you can tell that LVG and Mou share similar opinions on players of value. One of the players that in my mind there should be no question about whether he deserves to be here. Model player both on and off the pitch it seems. Which is also why I feared he would go. He can walk into almost any team. It ll be interesting if Mou will rely on him as much as LVG,and if not , whether Daley will be happy. I hope we ll see a bit more of rotation if only to spare his legs at times..he seemed to suffer from exhaustion at times which is understandable when it see how much he played last season. At least based on today s comment in the post match it's clear Mou rates the calmness he provides for crazies like Bailly .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.