F1 2020 Season

James Peril

F1 is beautiful in ultra HD and it’s always interesting to see the starts, but my god.... this is probably the most boring race I’ve ever seen. Not even any crashes to fuel the morbid side of it all. I know they’re working on it, but they seriously have a tough job in front of them to make this spectacular again. Barcelona GP rating: 1 out of 10. Boooo!

(Clearly posting this to jinx some action in the last five laps)

pauldyson1uk

F1 is beautiful in ultra HD and it’s always interesting to see the starts, but my god.... this is probably the most boring race I’ve ever seen. Not even any crashes to fuel the morbid side of it all. I know they’re working on it, but they seriously have a tough job in front of them to make this spectacular again. Barcelona GP rating: 1 out of 10. Boooo!

UHD is brilliant, cant argue the race has been uneventful, but of rain would have been good.
Perfect race from Lewis, start to finish leader, never in trouble.

Tiber

Feels like there are atleast 2 or 3 races like this per season. France last year was putrid, this Spanish track is never good.

Tiber

It's rather amazing In a way Grosjean is still head of the driver s association given how much hate he gets from all the other drivers during the races :lol:
How does Lingard play for United? How does Grosjean have a drivers license? - the two great sporting mysteries of our time.

United Hobbit

The front 3 are over a minute clear...

I know it will never happen but it would be really interesting if all the cars were exactly the same spec the we'd truly see who the best driver/ strategy was

Tiber

Even Hamilton is bored . I could put that Merc on a podium.

The new regulations have been put back atleast a year haven't they? Another season to write off.

Member 90887

This season is over for me. Too boring.

The only driver having the means to take the flight to Lewis is average at best.

Very good job from Max to be within touching distance of the Mercedes. Probably the best driver this season for me.

Mercedes and Max lapped everybody else. That says a lot about the State of F1.

When you remember that they pushed next year's regulations change to 2020...

RepardReece

I agree, it would be a very good challenge for both
Would be very close, thing is, from the looks of this race today, Hamilton is just cruising and could be so much faster if he needed to be. Verstappen is definitely a future championship winner.

Tiber

2022 cant come soon enough. Bottas needs to feck off. Max needs to move to Merc before long.
The new regulations have been held up as a salvation for a long time now. Is it really going to change much? There is such a gap between the teams now, hard to see that being bridged but a few new regs

Spanish GP Result

pauldyson1uk

1Lewis HamiltonHAMMercedes1:31:45.279
2Max VerstappenVERRed Bull24.177 behind
3Valtteri BottasBOTMercedes44.752 behind Fastest lap 1.18.183
4Sergio PerezPERRacing Point1 lap behind
5Lance StrollSTRRacing Point1 lap behind
6Carlos Sainz JnrSAIMcLaren1 lap behind
7Sebastian VettelVETFerrari1 lap behind
8Alexander AlbonALBRed Bull1 lap behind
9Pierre GaslyGASAlphaTauri1 lap behind
10Lando NorrisNORMcLaren1 lap behind
11Daniel RicciardoRICRenault1 lap behind
12Daniil KvyatKVYAlphaTauri1 lap behind
13Esteban OconOCORenault1 lap behind
14Kimi RaikkonenRAIAlfa Romeo1 lap behind
15Kevin MagnussenMAGHaas1 lap behind
16Antonio GiovinazziGIOAlfa Romeo1 lap behind
17George RussellRUSWilliams1 lap behind
18Nicholas LatifiLATWilliams2 laps behind
19Romain GrosjeanGROHaas2 laps behind
not classifiedCharles LeclercLECFerraridid not finish completed 41 laps

Last edited:

SirAnderson

It's sad that the lack of competitiveness is making Hamilton break all of Schumacher's records. Would have liked for it to at least come with some form of difficulty. He is doing it at a canter.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
pitted him too early and wrong compound, from what I have heard the hards are horrible to race on.
Yeah, I do think he gets used a little bit as a guinea pig by RB but he shouldn't be as far off Max as he is - Max is overachieving but Albon is underachieving.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Wasnt expecting much excitement today this has always been a bit of shit track.

Well played Lewis felt like he was at half capacity all day was just a cruise for him.

vangagal

The new regulations have been held up as a salvation for a long time now. Is it really going to change much? There is such a gap between the teams now, hard to see that being bridged but a few new regs
Much maybe not but with cost cap big budget teams wont be flexible as much as they can in RnD like Merc in this era. It depends on others teams to catch up on development though. Its like RB, Ferrari, Mclaren go to sleep while Merc stay up overnight in this hybrid era.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

For me the issue is the incredible reliability of the cars, engines and systems. In past times, it was facinating watching drivers pushing the cars to the maximum and seeing the engine blowing up in a comprehensive manner.
But similar to most modern equipment, the design technologies are so highly advanced that overall reliability and durability are extremely good.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
That radio message to congratulate Hamilton says it all really - "such spectacular tire management".. Hamilton and Verstappen were driving at 90% for the entire race to manage their tires since they both knew Max couldn't overtake Hamilton on the track if he tried, yet they are still so much faster than everyone else that they finish a lap ahead.

Hopefully they've nailed the 2022 regulations and we get to see some proper racing for the podium again.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

How this missed Rossi...fecking hell. Thank god everyone was okay.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Didn't like seb since his redbull days but I find myself rooting for him every race. Tells you all about ferrari, clowns.

dbs235

2022 cant come soon enough. Bottas needs to feck off. Max needs to move to Merc before long.
Would be a good battle for the title but Mercedes would literally have no challengers. The main thing that stops them 1-2 every race is that Max is at Red Bull.

Leg-End

Albon needs to not get completely dominated like that consistently or they are going to bin him off. Red Bull is literally a one man team and has been for nearly two seasons now, Max as good as he is needs some help from the second car to push Mercedes into different strategies to cover.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
For me the issue is the incredible reliability of the cars, engines and systems. In past times, it was facinating watching drivers pushing the cars to the maximum and seeing the engine blowing up in a comprehensive manner.
But similar to most modern equipment, the design technologies are so highly advanced that overall reliability and durability are extremely good.
That combined with the insane amount of downforce these days keeping the cars more or less pinned on the road. Very few spin offs these days too. Unless it rains. Good for safety I guess but too predictable as well.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Someone said earlier in the thread that the Netflix show made them appreciate the mid-field battles much more. I agree, and it looks pretty interesting again this year, now Racing Point have properly joined McLaren and Renault, Ferrari more often than not has dropped into that pack as well, and Gasly has inserted himself there. Shame there is so little coverage of that tough. Does anybody know if they're filming the show again this year?

hp88

Someone said earlier in the thread that the Netflix show made them appreciate the mid-field battles much more. I agree, and it looks pretty interesting again this year, now Racing Point have properly joined McLaren and Renault, Ferrari more often than not has dropped into that pack as well, and Gasly has inserted himself there. Shame there is so little coverage of that tough. Does anybody know if they're filming the show again this year?
Yeah, they're filming at the moment. Short season but I reckon they will have a decent amount of content, on and off the track.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yeah, they're filming at the moment. Short season but I reckon they will have a decent amount of content, on and off the track.
Great - looking forward to it. :)

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Another immaculate drive from Hamilton. He’s just phenomenal. So many whiners in this thread about his dominance, but the guy just doesn’t make mistakes. He was flawless today, as he so often is. He gets so much disrespect from people saying it’s just the car. Pretty sad and bitter grapes to be honest. One of the best drivers of all time.