View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Teja

Right then. What’s he like …
He's ready for the PL. Decent pace and dribbling but no end product currently. Doesn't have a good cross, shot or a pass so remains to be seen what sort of player he'll become.

Do you reckon he'll be given a chance on the LW?

Chief123

He's ready for the PL. Decent pace and dribbling but no end product currently. Doesn't have a good cross, shot or a pass so remains to be seen what sort of player he'll become.

Do you reckon he'll be given a chance on the LW?
How have you started the paragraph with “he’s ready for the PL” then followed it up with the bolded part? :lol: Sounds like the only thing he’s ready for is the transfer list!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sancho needs to start in the middle, Rashford on the left.
That’s what I suggested during and after our game vs Spurs too. Rashford down the middle has been a sight for sore eyes so far. I think Sancho with his close control would do better but I’m surprised we haven’t tried it yet especially considering that he was good in preseason.

Someone

Something
We're lacking in numbers and have no competition or back up to Antony. Makes no sense loaning him unless we know someone else is coming.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I really don't like the idea of this kid going out on loan. We're not exactly blessed with productive wingers at this club, and while he isn't obviously productive in terms of his numbers, he offers something way different to Antony. You know, like taking on and beating your man. If he goes then we're stuck with Antony all season, with maybe Mount filling in if he needs to.

I rate the kid. Most of the time when he comes on, he does something. Whether he creates a chance, skins his man once or twice, or whatever. That may be a low bar, but I guess that's where we are at the moment with our wingers.

Still Going…

Bit surprised there are a few on here reckon Pellistri should start. I'm losing faith in Antony, but that doesn't make Pellistri better or good enough. He might develop into something, but I just see a jobbing old-fashioned winger. I would send him to the Championship and if he pulls up trees we might be able to get some of our money back on him (woohoo!). He's not going to do much in the Premier League this season. I'd be very surprised if he did.

GoldanoGraham

I agree. Always looks a threat when he comes on and it’s not like RW is a nailed down position is it with the start that Antony has made.

SU are a terrible team that will finish bottom. What kind of progress is he going to make there? Exactly none.

Terrible decision if this is allowed to happen.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
The fact he is going out on loan when the only other options for the right wing to cover or provide competition for Antony are Bruno (who should never play there ever), Sancho (who shouldn't play for us ever again, but whatever), and an injured Amad - show's that ETH really doesn't have a fecking clue about what he is doing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Needed to give him a run at the RW spot. Always trying to make things happen and take people on. Could have won us a pen vs spurs with him being direct.

luke511

Decent change of pace, no end product, incredibly weak, childishly naive, and amazingly overrated.

If you’re looking for someone to burst into open spaces every now and then and then not actually produce anything then he’s your guy.
Incredibly, childishly, amazingly inaccurate

Oranges038

Exactly, it's a stupid loan. They're hardly going to change formation to fit in one loan youngster.
After the loan he went on last year with Alaves. This really doesn't make any sense.

At least give him a chance to grow as a player by setting him up with a club that may actually help by playing a way that might suit him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So he's not going anywhere then. Hope he's actually used then. Between him and Amad to compete with Antony at RW... Shouldn't see Bruno or Mount out there

NoPace

Good that he’s staying. Hopefully is given a decent chance.

Will be tricky when Amad returns though.
Loan one in January when a decent club has lost their right winger to injury or gotten a new manager who switches from 3 at the back to 4 and has no wingers. A good opportunity should open up.

Unam333

He'll definitely get his chance now.
Amad Diallo out injured
Sancho not impressing in training
Now Antony?

saik

Amad Diallo out injured
Now Antony?
With Mount being out injured as well, ETH doesn't even have option of playing Bruno out on right. He might get his opportunity soon.

Unam333

With Mount being out injured as well, ETH doesn't even have option of playing Bruno out on right. He might get his opportunity soon.
Oh right. Bruno can play on the right! Forgot about that.

Van de Beek on Bruno's position, move Bruno on the right. But yeah, not ideal, especially with Mount out as well.
Pellistri will get his chance.

Idxomer

Oh right. Bruno can play on the right! Forgot about that.

Van de Beek on Bruno's position, move Bruno on the right. But yeah, not ideal, especially with Mount out as well.
Pellistri will get his chance.
Not Van de Beek, it will be Amrabat with Eriksen moving a bit forward.

Adamsk7

At least he seems like a nice lad, which shouldn’t be something that warrants a place in the team but well…….

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Amad Diallo out injured
Now Antony?
Nah he’s still well behind even if Sancho doesn’t play another game for us and Antony is frozen due to legal proceedings, Pellistri will still have 3-4 players (or more like rotations) ahead of him.

Garnacho is definitely ahead of him even though he’s better off left, then Bruno will be shifted to the right and we’d probably move Martial to the left and Rashford to the right before playing Pellistri there. I don’t have huge hopes to see him play even though I do believe he’d do well.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Let's hope the lad is single...

Seriously though, there is a player in there, could see him linking really well with Bruno and Hojland. Would imagine we'll be seeing a bit more of him!

meamth

Let's hope the lad is single...

Seriously though, there is a player in there, could see him linking really well with Bruno and Hojland. Would imagine we'll be seeing a bit more of him!
I'd be single if I were a footballer.

Finding multiple sugarbabies if I have that amount of money. :lol: