5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Pissed he didn't get that assist. Such a cute ball to Lukaku, who should have finished it first time.

He's not a right winger, though. That said, we more or less play a diamond on Saturday vs West Ham. Mkhi was constantly dropping into the centre (see Lukaku's goal), with Rashford and Lukaku in the centre.

Unfortunately, we didn't have the full backs (well, down the left) to make up for the lack of width provided from our wingers (Rashford and Mkhitaryan)

Going back to Mkhi's performance, though, he was ok, but still very quiet. However, his pass is the reason we should always keep him on, in my opinion. He has that ability to open up a team in the blink of an eye. We need more runners around him.

MeUnited

Pissed he didn't get that assist. Such a cute ball to Lukaku, who should have finished it first time.

He's not a right winger, though. That said, we more or less play a diamond on Saturday vs West Ham. Mkhi was constantly dropping into the centre (see Lukaku's goal), with Rashford and Lukaku in the centre.

Unfortunately, we didn't have the full backs (well, down the left) to make up for the lack of width provided from our wingers (Rashford and Mkhitaryan)

Going back to Mkhi's performance, though, he was ok, but still very quiet. However, his pass is the reason we should always keep him on, in my opinion. He has that ability to open up a team in the blink of an eye. We need more runners around him.
I don't think it's controversial to say that wasn't a particularly amazing pass. Pretty simple to execute and spot when the player is only 5-10 yards infront of you.

el3mel

My only problem with him is losing possession of the ball in every tight situation. His close control and ability to keep possession is his biggest weaknesses. When he got space to move or when he's passing from the first touch he appears superp, but when opponent close on him he loses the ball countless times.

I don't think this is going to be solved considering his age but he's still our best number 10 and far better than Mata in this position in terms of pace and productivity. However in one or 2 years we'll need to upgrade over him with a much better number 10 player.

Bwuk

His numbers are good but they mask his performances.

He hasn't run a game for us yet that the likes of Silva and KdB do for City.

Man Utd 3:0 Basel

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That was an awful miss. It wasn't going in even if the keeper didn't touch it. He is a terrible finisher, not really something we need this year, it might cost us a lot.

Dante

Average bang
Mkhitaryan has been half a player since joining United. In this game, he's been about 70% of a decent player. He's getting there, but needs to show more in the most important position on the pitch.

Been getting into decent positions, but his pass choices and composure are letting him down. Having said that, his influence on the match is growing. If he keeps that up, I'll be pleased.

Nick7

I don't really know. Like I couldn't really argue against him. One of those irrational things where every time he doesn't something wrong I seem to notice it and get annoyed more than other players. I want to like him, but I don't know.

Stringer

Would be really nice if he would pass the ball instead of running straight into the opposition defenders and then falling over.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You can release the ball to other players you know, Mkhi.

NinjaFletch

I still think my real criticism of him is that he spends too long out of games. No doubting that he's got the quality I just don't think we see it enough.

Also if he apparently put on several kgs of muscle when he first came over then how weak was he before hand? Surprised he can stand up in this rain.

NinjaFletch

Both sublime and ridiculous in equal measure so far. It's at least entertaining.

He had a game for Dortmund against Real Madrid where he spent half the game dribbling past everyone and the other half missing sitters. Was absolutely bizarre.

Dante

Average bang
The Wagner of football. Good moments, but awful quarters of an hour. If only he had the game management sensibility of Mata, he'd be great.

KN5

He keeps hold of the ball for far too long a lot, 5 assists or not he needs to release that ball quicker.

RuudTom83

Just needs a bollocking from Jose at half time and he'll put his next chance away.

AndyJ1985

People will always point to the assists, but I'm not convinced he's a particularly good footballer. He looks mediocre 90% of the time.

mu4c_20le

Moments of brilliance but needs more consistency. It's frustrating at times because he has a lot of ability.

Shark

@NotShark
People will always point to the assists, but I'm not convinced he's a particularly good footballer. He looks mediocre 90% of the time.
Of course he's a good footballer, don't be silly. He's just inconsistent.

herbert

He had a game for Dortmund against Real Madrid where he spent half the game dribbling past everyone and the other half missing sitters. Was absolutely bizarre.
He won the tie for Madrid on his own. Losing balls in dangerous positions all the time and being at fault for a Madrid goal in Spain and wasting those sitters in Dortmund.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Man of the match so far for us. Should have scored one of his chances though.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
The more I watch him the more I think he's not going to cut it at united. Heavy touches, poor decision making and poor finishing. When teams are sitting deep he seems to really struggle, it's only when he gets plenty of space he seems to flourish.

Hope I'm wrong.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Good footballer but lacks the edge to actually make use of that too often. Really frustrating and wasteful tonight, and I don't even mean his chances in front of goal

Dante

Average bang
Skillful footballer, for sure. But a good footballer?... he's not convinced me yet. There's a difference between the two that the youtube generation don't appear to appreciate.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Think he is aiming to beat the record for most balls lost by a player. Well on his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.