5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 101472

I thought he was two footed? Having a right winger who is right footed and loves to cut inside doesn't work in the modern game. Much better central or from the left

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Playing on the right and not being given time on the ball renders him useless.

Let's just hope he turns on his usual second half mojo.

Eddy_JukeZ

Would stick him back in the middle(he's been dropping deep and helping with midfield control anyways) and sub on someone on the right.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Genuinely haven't been that impressed with his general play this season but the assists are flowing so who the hell cares.

Red Stone

What a fecking ball. Those types of perfectly weighted through balls that completely bamboozle the back line and open up space might be my favourite thing in football.

Nick7

Mad bastard goes onto the pitch to try nutmeg every opposition player doesn't he?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Don't think that goes down as an assist. Nevertheless, cracking through ball made good by Lukaku's movement.

Eddy_JukeZ

Literally the only positive thing he did today was that ball to Lukaku.

He does not offer enough imo

And I still don't understand how he's so weak in 50-50s and in possession.

Hed Zitin

I know he's got some assists and that's great, but when you watch the entire 90 minutes of each game he's played this season the majority of them is actually pretty poor. Spends far too long not doing a whole lot.

Jerch

He is very important part of the team. He looks bad because he tries thing and and every game he create 1or more 100% opportunity and this is his job simple as that.

el3mel

He operates well when spaces are open, but when the match is tight he's a very easy target for pressing and losses the possession of the ball a lot and that becomes annoying after time.

He's a crap RW as well. Keep him out of this position as long as possible.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He deserves an assist stat for the pass to Lukaku.

Not sure what people expect from him though, its not like he's going to hit a killer pass every time he's on the ball. I'd like to improve on his finishing but that's about it.

izec

He needs to be more often on the ball and get stronger when things get tough. Once space opens up, he should punish them. But the problem is his first half, far too much hiding. Needs to get involved more

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Thought he was poor today. But somehow, he manages to collect those assists stats.

He was poor the previous games as well in my opinion.

Eddy_JukeZ

I know he's got some assists and that's great, but when you watch the entire 90 minutes of each game he's played this season the majority of them is actually pretty poor. Spends far too long not doing a whole lot.
Essentially this.

This game wasn't too much different from his 1st three imo.

MiceOnMeth

His through ball was nice and all but I'd still drop him for Martial who offered more in 20 minuted than Mhki did in the whole match

Dante

Average bang
Fantastic pass, but his lack of urgency on the ball makes it easy for opposition defenders to organise themselves. Having said that, he's great when we're counter-attacking and there's plenty of space. His decision making improves massively when he doesn't need to worry about getting closed down. I think he should primarily be used as an impact sub when games are stretched. This isn't Dortmund, where every match is played at 100mph.

Jib

I fully agree, he's pretty weird !

Acole9

Outstanding
We need to play him as a ten. He's totally wasted and a bit useless out wide.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Great assist but lost most of his 50/50 balls. Been like this for a while. Should be played as a ten IMO. Great vision but completely lacks athleticism.

lawliet354

We need to play him as a ten. He's totally wasted and a bit useless out wide.
Agreed, if we play with 3 midfield, I think Mata should have played rather than Mikhi, I remember in our best run of Van Gaal season both our left and right side create the triangle of Mata-Herrera-Valencia and Blind-Martial-Fellaini that actually played some of the best football in LVG's reign, Mikhi roam around too much and he almost never stay wide like Mata, and he does not have that good of understanding with Herrera and Valencia so both Herrera and Valencia left with nothing on the right side and the middle of the pitch becomes too crowded

Devil may care

Lovely weight and disguise on the pass for Lukaku's goal, he reminds me a bit of Ozil, kinda timid and too easily knocked off the ball, but will create oppotunities.

MeUnited

Rubbish game again. In a weeks time everyone will point to his assist and claim he's playing well. Please, if you're gonna go with a 4-3-3 just play Martial and Rashford, if you go for a 4-2-3-1 put Mata at the 10, so much better than Mkhi.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
Rubbish game again. In a weeks time everyone will point to his assist and claim he's playing well. Please, if you're gonna go with a 4-3-3 just play Martial and Rashford, if you go for a 4-2-3-1 put Mata at the 10, so much better than Mkhi.
And who do you play on the right? Neither Mata or Micky are wings, but Mata is better at playing the wing. They are both equally skilled (in different ways) at the #10 spot.

4-3-3, with this group of players, is not good for Micky. He's poor as a winger.

el3mel

I agree with the 4-3-3 part, but Mikhi is better than the "current" Mata at the number 10 role, regarding pace, productivity and everything really. Mata is better at moving the ball around, though.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Problem is he needs more time on the ball than most teams will give you in the PL. His assists masks his performances a bit, but I'm not really convinced.

criticalanalysis

Agreed. A more natural wide player on the right would do a world of good to Mkhi, playing at the center. We still have too many players demanding the ball, still very few actually providing the movement and the runs behind the defenders. About Nani, I get that you are biased towards him as he showed a lot of promise during his early days. But, his mentality and consistency always remained a question mark and was probably the only thing that prevented him from reaching world class status. If he had a mentality like Rashford, he would have certainly reached there, for in terms of pure skill and ability, he was almost Cristiano's level.
Well this game again showed what we already knew. Not a wide player, incredible ability to create chances (and contrary to the other posters here) I thought he had a 'decent' game because as you said before, he got on the ball in a lot difficult situations and helped the team assert control.

However, to nit pick, perhaps he should have simply held the width and trusted his team mates i.e Herrera, Matic and Pogba to get him the ball. His instinct to drop and cut in made it hard for the midfield to spread play.

Status
Not open for further replies.