Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's played well today you weirdos. Only Pogba and Valencia have had more touches, only Martial has made more key passes (3 for Mkhitaryan, 4 for Martial) and generally he's used the ball very well. Our best attacker alongside Lukaku. He's been a really important part of our relentless pressure.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Assist again :D
No idea why people have criticized him. He's been class again and helped a lot in terms of control and creating chances

binary bot
His linkup play has been great. Constantly keeping the ball moving when it looks like its breaking down. He's doing a lot of the work that we usually see Mata doing - don't know if we need both of them in the same team.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The amount of time he's the one recovering the ball for us in their defensive third is pretty ridiculous. Great instincts and really good defensive play. It's a really big part of our relentless attacks.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
The amount of time he's the one recovering the ball for us in their defensive third is pretty ridiculous. Great instincts and really good defensive play. It's a really big part of our relentless attacks.
Makes me miss Herrera a little less. His defensive work is pretty underrated.

el3mel

That's Mikhi. Erratic performance on the pitch but never comes out of a match with empty hands.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His work rate is superb, wins the possession in the final third and keeps the opposition under pressure.

5 assists already, just 3 more to beat Coutinho's best assists tally and there are 35 more games to go.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Top performer in the opening games for me.

All action, so many examples of great dribbling, interplay, threading the eye of a needle, set pieces, defensive work...I think he's been fantastic.

The giving the ball away thing is hugely overstated on the Caf. When you consider what we got him for just one year ago, compared to what he would cost now I think he's one of the most shrewd signings we've made..ever.

Get some goals now..

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
His position was weird. Like @Brwned stated, he seemed to be playing the role of a third CM. Under rated performance, though. A different job but played it well and bagged another assist.

FromTheBench

He seems our best corner taker at the moment. Let him.have them all.

Mata and Blind produce shitty ones.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm amazed he got another assist today:lol: Incredible when he hasn't been playing that well.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
yeah. I noticed that too.

OneUnited24

Hes basically like our Ozil... but better :devil:

Also just heard that he only got one assist in the league last season :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
5 assists out of 10 goals is unreal.

Zlatan was very complimentary about him in his recent VDO, so I'm very hopeful we could get world class consistency from him this year.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He's the perfect attacking midfielder for a counter-attacking team. Probably my favourite player in the team right now, even though I call him all sorts of names in the matchday threads lol

Yagami

Good post resistant
Bar a weird decision he made to try and take a player on instead of shooting first time in Leicesters box I thought he did well. I wonder if he'll match his 3rd season statistics at Dortmund this year.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I was sure he assisted from the free-kick yet BT decided to feck with me and say he didn't get an assist and then I checked OneFootball and it said Blind took the corner. :mad:

Keep on getting those assists Mkhi!

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I don't think I get annoyed with anyone on the team as much as him but he's been proving me wrong this so far and long may it continue.

Devil may care

He certainly does the "#8 without the ball" part of the #10 Mourinho likes better than most players of his type, and 5 assists in 3 games is excellent output.

MadMike

Bar a weird decision he made to try and take a player on instead of shooting first time in Leicesters box I thought he did well. I wonder if he'll match his 3rd season statistics at Dortmund this year.
What? 23 goals and 32 assists? Not possible. This isn't Bundesliga, it takes a truly world class player to produce such statistics here. Better players than Mkhitaryan have not reached those, like Lampard, Hazard, Bale etc. I think Only C.Ronaldo had such numbers here in terms of goals and assists total in 1 season. And we're talking about a potential GOAT in Ronaldo.

To be fair I'd be happy if he got half those numbers. 12 goals and 16 assists would make it a very productive season at this level for him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What? 23 goals and 32 assists? Not possible. This isn't Bundesliga, it takes a truly world class player to produce such statistics here. Better players than Mkhitaryan have not reached those, like Lampard, Hazard, Bale etc. I think Only C.Ronaldo had such numbers here in terms of goals and assists total in 1 season. And we're talking about a potential GOAT in Ronaldo.

To be fair I'd be happy if he got half those numbers. 12 goals and 16 assists would make it a very productive season at this level for him.
I actually forgot he scored that many - I was mainly talking about his assists. :D

I completely agree with you in regards to your second paragraph but Mkhi is on a right roll at the moment. I'm not expecting 32 assists (which, again, is more than I remembered!) but who knows.

MadMike

I actually forgot he scored that many - I was mainly talking about his assists. :D

I completely agree with you in regards to your second paragraph but Mkhi is on a right roll at the moment. I'm not expecting 32 assists (which, again, is more than I remembered!) but who knows.
Yeah, he was absolutely immense. Albeit at a distinctly lower level.

Ace of Spades

He has been great, does a lot of work defensively as well, which is not mentioned as much.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Quickly becoming my favourite player in the squad. He wasn't great today by any means but he invokes more excitement when on the ball than anyone else for me personally. Feels like he could be about to play a defense splitting ball that us mere mortals cannot anticipate at any moment.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!

Didn't Mata do a 20 and 35 season once upon a time? (before us of course)

MadMike

Didn't Mata do a 20 and 35 season once upon a time? (before us of course)
Pretty much, yeah, 19-35 but in many more games and minutes. But yeah, he came close. Peak Mata was immense for Chelsea, playing as a free role behind the striker.

Nick.

I still think he drifts in and out of games too much. He's not the type to run the game like David Silva has been for City.

izec

I still think he drifts in and out of games too much. He's not the type to run the game like David Silva has been for City.
Of course not, different players. Thas lile saying Pogba doesnt control the tempo as Scholes did

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

23 goals and 32 assists in the league or overall cause they're 2 very different things ? Still great numbers either way.

MadMike

Silva at his peak is a better player to be honest. Especially so as a playmaker. Silva's passing is both less erratic and more probing. The Spaniard rarely gives the ball away too.

Mkhi is faster on the counter and has a good cross so I reckon there's not much between them on the wing. Mkhi probably makes a better support striker though, he has a tendency to get important goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.