Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad

He keeps losing the ball.
Even when he plays ‘well’ he still loses the ball in half of our attacks.

Everyone seems to think he is this great playmaker because he has 5 assists in the league, when in fact these assists came in the first 3 games and the 6 games after have been dreadful.

Not a fan of him at all and he was exactly the same last season. Too weak and too slow to run it past players and play on the counter.

Toad

Honestly, I hate him, and I never hated a player in a United shirt before.
:lol: I feel your pain.

He is just going to keep getting picked and fecking up every single attacking moment.

Every time you see him receive the ball your going to know what’s going to happen next and it will.

Every time a sub comes on you will be praying it will be him coming off but it won’t be him, which you deep down knew anyway.

Everytime a player makes a good run you will hope it’s pogba with the ball ready to make the pass, but it will be Mkhitaryan.

Whenever there is an open goal you will hope it’s anyone but Mkhitaryan on the ball, even fernando Torres, but it will always be Mkhitaryan.

No matter how hard you try to like him, you will just hate him more and more and more.

I hope this helps ;)

Raw

He's nice when you're 2-0 up and looking comfortable, I just cannot trust him to turn a game around for us.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Personally, i've never liked this obsession with stats. There's several ways of looking at this.

Is his overall play good enough, does playing Mkhi hinder us as a team even though he's delivering assists (and even a goal). Would playing someone else improve our overall game and potentially result in more goals scored, but worse stats for that player ? Or to simplify it, a Ruud vs Saha debate as to what does the team benefit the most from.

In terms of assists, he's doing great, just what we hoped for when we signed him, though I think his overall gameplay is pretty much the opposite of what i expected. Again and again he finds himself in a great position, only to waste it by trying something absurd when a simple pass would put a teammate in a great position to score.

:smirk:

finneh

My grandad put it best "I think he should probably look at playing another sport".

el3mel

It's sad to say that even with such a shite performance he's our best number 10 currently. How depressing tbh.

Griezmann, Ozil or both can't come soon enough.

SATA

There are a few players in the current team whom i won't give a shite about and have no affection for if we sell them tomorrow, he is one of them

Absolutely appalling

ti vu

Weird player. Have tools and age/experience too, but can't make most of out it. Better than his previous few games, but barely make an acceptable level, while adding very little to our team.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Not a fan. Didn't like him at Dortmund, thought he was erratic, greedy and weak whenever I saw him. He's got something about him meaning he can pop up with the odd bit of magic now and again, but that's not good enough for our starting #10. City don't play Silva or KDB hoping for just one bit of magic during a 90 minute period. They contribute for the vast majority of the game. Same with the likes of Hazard, Alli etc. Mkhi just doesn't do that

I hope he can iron out a bit of consistency, but I am not all that hopeful. He doesn't seem to have any actual competition as Mata is barely ever considered to play centrally.

Jig1234

It's hilarious that after a season of Mkhitaryan losing the ball it's Juan Mata's heavy touch that has undone us finally.

The first goal Huddersfield scored today has been coming all season. We've been constantly giving the ball away all season in the final third, attacks breaking down, won't be the first time we concede goals like that.

and we want to add Meset Ozil to this. :lol:

Mcking

Wow racist trash right here. Hmm... I am guessing folks posting from nigeria are really via vpn proxie. European laundromat invades fan sites and fan youtube.com channels.
Poor from you, because, i wasn't being racist.
Yes, it was. When you mention nationality.
So mentioning nationality is racist?
In that context, yes. He did not have to mention Ozil's background.
So anytime Hargreaves was referenced as 'Canadian-born' or Ben Johnson was referenced as 'Jamaican-born' was racist? Seems a bit of a stretch.
Did he also mention lazy player and being inferior vs nationality of someone?
This was his comment: Tagging him as a luxury player and putting him on the same level as the completely inferior Mkhitaryan is quite lazy and disrespectful to the Turk-cum-German. The mention of laziness has nothing to do with nationality. Nor is their any implication that Mkhi's supposed inferiority is related to his or Ozil's nationality.

To be honest, I'm not sure why the poster felt the need to mention Ozil's nationality, but labeling it as racist strikes me as a stretch.
It isn't a stretch, it's complete bullshit. He wasn't being racist.
Do people even know what racism means?

Two people can have different nationalities but the same race. That's actually quite common.
It really annoys me when people throw the racism card around when it has nothing to with racism.

It is like saying Rashford the England international is a fast runner. Or Lukaku the Belgian is as strong as an ox. How is that even remotely racist. Fair enough if the guy said that “Ozil is lazy because he is of Turkish and German descent” then that is racist. Some people are baffling.
That would be xenophobic, not racist. Because there are people of differing race but of the same nationality.
Yeah whatever, the point still stands regardless. Xenophobic is the fear of the unknown or fear of difference, or dislike of difference. You can be racist by referring to a whole nation, if you believe that the races of the whole nation has an inferior trait to you.
My bad, but nevertheless, I rest my case.

Distracted Steward

He needs to sit for a little bit, train well and be brought on again a weaker team in an open match. I don't think he has the heart to work his way through the problems he's showing.

He's on to provide the quickness and incision lacking in the squad. He's so wasteful at the moment he's making the team worse.

I heard on a podcast that Pogba being out may in part explain Mkhitaryan's dip in form. I can see that to an extent. He needs the space, fluidity and options that seem to have dried up since Pogba was injured. Given a more settled defense and harder passing options he's a liability.

Mata needs to take his place for now. Slow, but he works harder, has the heart and has the skill. He might not be a consistent goal threat, but he won't waste the ball.

ti vu

It's hilarious that after a season of Mkhitaryan losing the ball it's Juan Mata's heavy touch that has undone us finally.

The first goal Huddersfield scored today has been coming all season. We've been constantly giving the ball away all season in the final third, attacks breaking down, won't be the first time we concede goals like that.

and we want to add Meset Ozil to this. :lol:
How is it funny? Even irony is not working here as the difference in the way Mata &a Mkhi approach. Mkhi tries force it in attacking position, which he currently killed many of our attacks. Mata tries to get the passing rhythm going but not fast enough to work higher up the pitch so he decided to drop deep in this instance and made this mistake. That's no losing ball in final third. Mata was in front of our last defenders! Ozil being called lazy defensively because he rather sticks around up front similar to Mkhi, but tidier and stronger on ball and more consistent with his passing

Eddy_JukeZ

He's a coward.

Came on and went into hiding. Barely got on the ball. And he got brushed aside in every 50-50 battle as per usual.

Jig1234

How is it funny? Even irony is not working here as the difference in the way Mata &a Mkhi approach. Mkhi tries force it in attacking position, which he currently killed many of our attacks. Mata tries to get the passing rhythm going but not fast enough to work higher up the pitch so he decided to drop deep in this instance and made this mistake. That's no losing ball in final third. Mata was in front of our last defenders! Ozil being called lazy defensively because he rather sticks around up front similar to Mkhi, but tidier and stronger on ball and more consistent with his passing

All come with similar weaknesses. Ozil is probably an upgrade in the final third and would probably be better in possession than Mkhitaryan. Mata is constantly used as a winger while we utilised Lingard as a no.10. I don't we have the appropriate wingers and full backs to maximum the use of these no.10's. We need to invest in better options at RB/LB. Maybe even cover in CM.

Mkhitaryan does get into good positions but fails to deliver accurate through balls and in a lot of games he disappears and gives the ball away too much. Even when he came off the bench I didn't believe he would change the game or do anything.

JohnnyKills

Even when he plays ‘well’ he still loses the ball in half of our attacks.

Everyone seems to think he is this great playmaker because he has 5 assists in the league, when in fact these assists came in the first 3 games and the 6 games after have been dreadful.

Not a fan of him at all and he was exactly the same last season. Too weak and too slow to run it past players and play on the counter.
Agreed. Too lightweight and his stats are misleading.

JohnnyKills

Not a fan. Didn't like him at Dortmund, thought he was erratic, greedy and weak whenever I saw him. He's got something about him meaning he can pop up with the odd bit of magic now and again, but that's not good enough for our starting #10. City don't play Silva or KDB hoping for just one bit of magic during a 90 minute period. They contribute for the vast majority of the game. Same with the likes of Hazard, Alli etc. Mkhi just doesn't do that

I hope he can iron out a bit of consistency, but I am not all that hopeful. He doesn't seem to have any actual competition as Mata is barely ever considered to play centrally.
Nail on head.

The best No.10s dictate games, not just pop up with a goal and assist every now and then.

ti vu

All come with similar weaknesses. Ozil is probably an upgrade in the final third and would probably be better in possession than Mkhitaryan. Mata is constantly used as a winger while we utilised Lingard as a no.10. I don't we have the appropriate wingers and full backs to maximum the use of these no.10's. We need to invest in better options at RB/LB. Maybe even cover in CM.

Mkhitaryan does get into good positions but fails to deliver accurate through balls and in a lot of games he disappears and gives the ball away too much. Even when he came off the bench I didn't believe he would change the game or do anything.
Ozil at his worst can be I ssructed to stuck on the wing and deliver crosses, which he is head and shoulder better than our players (he is one of the better crossers out there). So for Mata is not as good on the wing, Ozil can make do.

And To be precise, Mata is not winger or used as one. He is as winger as Mkhi last season or at Dortmund, Ozil, David Silva, OR Zidane at Madrid... they constantly drift infield.

Also the requirement to get winger to the best out of a no 10 is fundamentally baseless. Italian, Spanish teams were seen playing without traditional wingers. They can benefit from a better platform which wingers can provide, but for best no.10s, it was not a must.

Jig1234

Ozil at his worst can be I ssructed to stuck on the wing and deliver crosses, which he is head and shoulder better than our players (he is one of the better crossers out there). So for Mata is not as good on the wing, Ozil can make do.

And To be precise, Mata is not winger or used as one. He is as winger as Mkhi last season or at Dortmund, Ozil, David Silva, OR Zidane at Madrid... they constantly drift infield.

Also the requirement to get winger to the best out of a no 10 is fundamentally baseless. Italian, Spanish teams were seen playing without traditional wingers. They can benefit from a better platform which wingers can provide, but for best no.10s, it was not a must.

Our system is more rigid. We don't interchange as much as Klopp's LFC or Dortmund. When we use players on the wing they will find themselves stuck out wide more at Utd but I see what you mean. I think our interchanging and passing can improve but we need better full backs to give them more of a chance.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s just shite.

I think we all need to accept that, not try and rationalise it, make excuses for him, try and get to the bottom of what ever problems we think he might have.

He is just plain old rubbish and needs to be fecked off asap.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We've seen enough of him in the PL to make some definitive observations: At his best, he is influential. But his normal level is inconsistency. And when he underperforms, he is virtually invisible, and that happens alot. Virtually the same as Kagawa.

Not sure if it's the PL, step up in class or Mourinho's style of football, but I'm not sure he will improve in PL. Which is a shame, as I like the idea of him at his best.

He would be better off in the French or German league, where the less frenetic pace gives him more time on the ball when making his decisions.

I think Mourinho should let him and Mata leave and replace with 2 out of Grizeman, Ozil and Sanchez.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
I have been frustrated with Mkhitaryan since the end of last season. He only ever turned up when the opposition were considerably weaker, which meant every Europa league game. He doesn't seem to have the fortitude to dig deep when required and that unfortunately is needed every Premier League game when teams turn up for their cup finals and desperately want to beat us.

His best career performances were for an underdog German side who opposition would regularly underestimate or be inferior to. We've seen nothing from him that would suggest he's capable of being anything more than an average player for us. This season is make or break for him in my opinion.

This post may come back to bite me and I'm aware of that, it may even be Jose's tactics that bring out the worst in him, I'm not even sure any more. All I know is that for all the attacking prowess we have on paper, on the pitch they look like a bunch of disjointed halfwits who lack the ability to break down a defence, and Mkhi is possibly the worst culprit at this.

crossy1686

career ending
We've seen enough of him in the PL to make some definitive observations: At his best, he is influential. But his normal level it is inconsistency. And when he underperforms, he is virtually invisible and it happens alot. Virtually the same as Kagawa.

Not sure if its the PL, step up in class or Mourinho's style of football, but I'm not sure he will improve in PL. Which is a shame, as I like the idea of him at his best.

He would be better off in the French or German league, where the pace of play is less frenetic, so he has more time on the ball to make his decisions.

I think Mourinho should let him and Mata leave and replace with 2 out of Grizeman, Ozil and Sanchez.
It didn't make sense to me over the summer why we were chasing Greizmann so much, especially when you consider we need to improve other area's more. I think we all know why now, and that Jose is one step ahead of us all.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It didn't make sense to me over the summer why we were chasing Greizmann so much, especially when you consider we need to improve other area's more. I think we all know why now, and that Jose is one step ahead of us all.
Yeah, I also think Mourinho has concluded that Mhkitariyan isn't working out as he predicted. Giving him undroppable status was his last attempt to force mhkitariyan to a higher level, but it isn't changing anything.

He is a classy player with definite quality. But he is a luxury player, in the sense that many peripheral factors outside his control have to be in his favour before he makes his impact.

Donsangre

Didn't really add anything to our stale piss display.
We played so bad because there was not a single idea how to play. You see, Jose doesnt really do well on ball possesion and penetration of three layers of defense. Mkhi touched the ball a few times. Tried this and that, but when the whole team doesnt know what to do, it doesnt work. AN example when Matic tries to force himself into the box because he feels obligated to do something. A lot of times it creates misunderstanding among the players. It really worked well in the beginning because they all had their job and were doing it great.
You take a match out and the whole building collapses.
Lingard as a 10 is a complete bullshit. I hope Jose never ever does it again. The guy has no clue what to do. Mkhi was lost when he came on. I had a feeling he didnt know what to play, where to play and how to play. I blame this little things on the coach.
Lukaku started doing the same "Zlatan thing" by dropping deep to get the ball. He is awful at ball control and once he gets the ball, he drops back and passes it back or losses the ball.
He drops back because he doesnt get a ball. Well, who cares? He shoudl be still up there, not dropping. When Zlatan was doing that last year, we played like shit. No coherence at all.
I hope Jose can fix this mess up. Herrera Matic combo is obviously not working as it was planned.

Litch

I'm sure lots were saying how crap he was when we started the season like a train and he was Mr assist? Something not quite right at the moment with the team but don't see any sense of looking for individual scapegoats as at present that could be any of 9/8 players.

ti vu

I'm sure lots were saying how crap he was when we started the season like a train and he was Mr assist? Something not quite right at the moment with the team but don't see any sense of looking for individual scapegoats as at present that could be any of 9/8 players.
People questioned his overall performance when he was Mr assist, too. His role has been considered more vital ever since Pogba out injured and he has failed miserably. If he can't do the creativity work well, then at least the expectation would be he would be tidy and be involved more to give our outnumbered midfield a better control of game. He didn't even do that no being wasteful in possession thus being liability. We're talking about Lingard's level of wastefulness while being less involved than Lingard pressing, tracking runners... In a sense, in his current form he is poor man off form Ozil.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Physically, he's one of the weakest players I've ever seen in pro football.

He cannot contest the slightest of challenges. It's weird to watch.

Litch

People questioned his overall performance when he was Mr assist, too. His role has been considered more vital ever since Pogba out injured and he has failed miserably. If he can't do the creativity work well, then at least the expectation would be he would be tidy and be involved more to give our outnumbered midfield a better control of game. He didn't even do that no being wasteful in possession thus being liability. We're talking about Lingard's level of wastefulness while being less involved than Lingard pressing, tracking runners... In a sense poor man off form Ozil.
He has quality and we seen it last year at times and the start of this season. I see him for what he is and like many of players of that type, when they are good they are very good, and when not they are really bad. I think he's suffered since Pogba's injury but the whole team has....

ti vu

He has quality and we seen it last year at times and the start of this season. I see him for what he is and like many of players of that type, when they are good they are very good, and when not they are really bad. I think he's suffered since Pogba's injury but the whole team has....
Not disagree with that, but his bottom level is just very low into unacceptable zone for top level football. In his bad day, he becomes liability as we almost play like a man down.

Litch

Or disagree with that, but his bottom level is just very low into unacceptable zone for top level football. In his bad day, he becomes liability as we almost play like a man down.
You might be right but I accept that as when he's on it, he's a very dangerous game winning player. I just accept the good, the bad and the ugly.....

Georgan

When we're playing good he's really good but on the other side, when we're playing bad... Some perfomances he's been pulling off lately, but so are the rest of his teammates so be it.

Jaybomb

Said it before and I’ll say it again... the likes of Mkhitaryan, Herrera and Martial are NOT “United Players”.

Every now and then they’ll have a decent performance but on the grand of scheme of things, they just don’t compare to the players we’ve had in the past who fought blood, sweat and tears for the badge. They’re lacking that fight and passion, that never say die attitude. Physically, they’re useless and often times you’ll see them go invisible and showing terrible body language.

I’m not even comparing them to the likes of Scholes, Keane and Ronaldo. I’m comparing them to the likes of Fletcher, Nani and Tevez. They just don’t hold a candle to those guys.

We need to stop trying to make the average look awesome and replace them with worthy United players. Players who will fight for the badge.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Is he angling for a move somewhere? He's been an absolute trash for a player on his caliber.

Status
Not open for further replies.