5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I used to watch Dortmund under Klopp before he joined and continued watching when he joined and in all honesty I never wanted him here. He's an enigma he does good and bad in the space of 10 seconds and this was at Dortmund never mind us. Mkhitaryan would intercept a pass and then immediately overhit a simple through ball. I remember early in the season when he was raking up assists people were saying that's all they want from their number ten, now that its dried up he offers nothing. There are several times when we're counter attacking and Martial/Rashford are in acres of space on the left when we're scoring from left to right and he just takes to long to pass and end up losing the ball.

I don't know if people notice how he p*ssys out of challenges and I'm not talking about dangerous career ending tackles just simple 50/50 he can win by applying pressure or force, its like he has no interest in that side of the game. That game at Liverpool he didn't even bother to press, chase or hustle the Liverpool players he just jogged around and they were literally passing around him. The icing on the cake was when he was subbed off he looked disappointed that he was being taken off.

He was crap against Benfica and I don't know how the hell he stayed on so long. I know Martial came on for Rashford but no way he should've lasted that long. Interestingly I think he's gonna do well at Huddersfield tomorrow and keep his place. I hate fighting down my own players but he needs to deliver big time against Spurs and Chelsea to win me over. I'm not giving up yet though.
Didn't turn up with the rest of the squad at The Lowry. Only him and Shaw missing..... things are bad when you get lumped with Shaw??

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hopefully Jose starts somebody else, even Young would be better right now with Mata at AMC.

He needs to get out of his comfort zone.

Kapardin

He needs to be benched and get a kick up his arse, but I doubt Jose will do it as yet. His propensity to get an assist or goal is still his get-out-of-jail card.

If he does not score or assist in the next 3 games, I think he will be benched.

Litch

This period of the season is for pragmatism and discipline. I think it suits some more than others. I think we've gone a little more defensive as we miss as does some players miss Pogs creativity. I think we will see an upturn in him when this happens...

Devil81

I personally don't think he's been anything but above average since he signed for the club. We've had fantastic displays and we've had remarkably poor displays.

I've no doubt he's in the team against the likes of Liverpool away to create chances or produce a bit of magic. Unfortunately, he's not really done that during his time at the club.

peanuthead

If we win 4-0 again today I rather his performance improve rather than get assists and a goal. His overall play needs to improve and fast, so much tough games coming up and we need him in great form.

shield

Sadly, we don't have anyone to start in his place. Lingard is OK but also nothing special. Another manager would have experimented with some youth in matches like today's, but Jose is not that type. We can only hope that he regains his edge. Also, Pogba coming back would be a huge boost to him because Mkhi does not seem to be able to hold on to the ball effectively.

Hope he can play a little freely today and improve his confidence a bit.

Kapardin

For those who were panicking about Jose giving Mkhi a free pass because he was his signing, guess they can relax. No repeat of the Rooney situation ever again at this club.

Mkhi should do fine coming off the bench. Should give him motivation to perform.

jem

In that context, yes. He did not have to mention Ozil's background.
So anytime Hargreaves was referenced as 'Canadian-born' or Ben Johnson was referenced as 'Jamaican-born' was racist? Seems a bit of a stretch.

Dave46

So anytime Hargreaves was referenced as 'Canadian-born' or Ben Johnson was referenced as 'Jamaican-born' was racist? Seems a bit of a stretch.
Did he also mention lazy player and being inferior vs nationality of someone?

jem

Did he also mention lazy player and being inferior vs nationality of someone?
This was his comment: Tagging him as a luxury player and putting him on the same level as the completely inferior Mkhitaryan is quite lazy and disrespectful to the Turk-cum-German. The mention of laziness has nothing to do with nationality. Nor is their any implication that Mkhi's supposed inferiority is related to his or Ozil's nationality.

To be honest, I'm not sure why the poster felt the need to mention Ozil's nationality, but labeling it as racist strikes me as a stretch.

The Bloody-Nine

This was his comment: Tagging him as a luxury player and putting him on the same level as the completely inferior Mkhitaryan is quite lazy and disrespectful to the Turk-cum-German. The mention of laziness has nothing to do with nationality. Nor is their any implication that Mkhi's supposed inferiority is related to his or Ozil's nationality.

To be honest, I'm not sure why the poster felt the need to mention Ozil's nationality, but labeling it as racist strikes me as a stretch.
It isn't a stretch, it's complete bullshit. He wasn't being racist.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

It really annoys me when people throw the racism card around when it has nothing to with racism.

It is like saying Rashford the England international is a fast runner. Or Lukaku the Belgian is as strong as an ox. How is that even remotely racist. Fair enough if the guy said that “Ozil is lazy because he is of Turkish and German descent” then that is racist. Some people are baffling.

Fahad Jawaid

Thank God he is not starting, sick and tired of him stinking up the place. I wish we had better options then Lingard for N10. One thing that's interesting is Jose does not fancy Mata at number 10 due to lack of pace i reckon, because that's the only thing Lingard and Miki have ahead of Mata, which makes me think we wont sign Ozil. Since he is not pacy either, Griezmann looks like a perfect n10 for him. Pacy, dribbler and ability to score goals.

The Bloody-Nine

It really annoys me when people throw the racism card around when it has nothing to with racism.

It is like saying Rashford the England international is a fast runner. Or Lukaku the Belgian is as strong as an ox. How is that even remotely racist. Fair enough if the guy said that “Ozil is lazy because he is of Turkish and German descent” then that is racist. Some people are baffling.
That would be xenophobic, not racist. Because there are people of differing race but of the same nationality.

Last edited:
Huddersfield 2:1 Man Utd

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
That would be xenophobic, not racist. Because there are people of differing race but of the same nationality.
Yeah whatever, the point still stands regardless. Xenophobic is the fear of the unknown or fear of difference, or dislike of difference. You can be racist by referring to a whole nation, if you believe that the races of the whole nation has an inferior trait to you.

Dave46

Well, drop Miki, go 0:2 in the first half. First loss of the season coming up.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Well, drop Miki, go 0:2 in the first half. First loss of the season coming up.
Yep, it's hard to avoid the conclusion that benching Mkhi led directly to Jones' injury and two seperate feck ups from Mata and Lindelof. Exactly what Mkhi fans said would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.