Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think he is worst player I have ever seen in terms of taking shots at goal and not even getting it on target. He always shoots it way over goal. I mean at least hit the fecking target and make the keeper make a save.

haram

If Mikhi is a luxury player, what does that make Ozil? If we are fielding a player who contributes nothing defensively I'd prefer them to be better than Ozil.
Why do people keep saying this when Ozil has played under Mourinho before? How many AM's can we realistically sign that are better than Ozil anyway?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why do people keep saying this when Ozil has played under Mourinho before? How many AM's can we realistically sign that are better than Ozil anyway?
Ozil was playing in a team that's not exactly comparable to United in the Prem. And anyhow, I'd rather we sign a right winger and a left-back. After that, if it's a choice between an AM or another midfield option that could fit into a midfield 3 with Pogba and Matic I'd go for a midfielder.

LoneStar

Drop him and play Lingard. At least Lingard doesn't hide in matches like him. Pretty sure even Rooney would have contributed more in the last two matches. At least he yells at referees and passes back. Mikhitaryan can't even seem to pass forwards or backwards these days.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Drop him and play Lingard. At least Lingard doesn't hide in matches like him. Pretty sure even Rooney would have contributed more in the last two matches. At least he yells at referees and passes back. Mikhitaryan can't even seem to pass forwards or backwards these days.[/QUOTE]

There was point last night where he mishit a relatively easy (15-yard) pass and the commentator on BT paused, half laughed then went " .... oh dear."

If you saw that in a Legends game you'd say "he's aged badly.... But fair play, he's 43". Last night (and plenty of games this season (despite assist stats) and last) wasn't about ability as we know he has some, it looked more of a mental attitude.

I can cope with limited players but not ones who don't say "I'm playing poor but I'm going to fecking well run my socks off at least".

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's been awful.

However, under recent caf logic of 'the team is winning, so there is no basis to make any changes' - I can see why Jose is waiting for our first defeat to replace him!

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's been awful.

However, under recent caf logic of 'the team is winning, so there is no basis to make any changes' - I can see why Jose is waiting for our first defeat to replace him!
Or he’s letting an important player try and play his way into some form. He could probably just about risk giving him one more crack at the weekend. Big call though.

Devil may care

His better performances come after we get a goal up, but he struggles to impact a tight game, he's very much a counter attacking player, he can't dictate the attack and loses the ball too easily when pressed, it's been even harder for him without Pogba taking up the central creative slack.

caid

Think hes overall been better this season than at any point last season but he still has a long way to go and last 2 games have been really poor.
Horribly inconsistent from one minute to the next.
We could badly do with cover really, who are we going to replace him with? Lingaard?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Or he’s letting an important player try and play his way into some form. He could probably just about risk giving him one more crack at the weekend. Big call though.
Yeah, as bad as he's been recently, it took a few months to start coaxing decent performances out of him last year, so clearly his confidence is fragile. Just look at his demeanor on the pitch. He's got the body language of someone who's under threat of having a family member shot at gunpoint if he misplaces a pass. Looks permanent broken.

Djemba-Djemba

Peter Schmeichel always said one of the reasons Scholes was a great player eas because his bottom level was still ok. Even when he was having a bad day by his standards he was still decent.

Mkjitaryan must have the lowest bottom level of anyone in the current squad. When he's having a bad day he's fecking appalling.

edcunited1878

He's struggled massively the past couple of weeks and it's coincided with the loss of Pogba, then Felliani, Lukaku having a turn of form and Matic not as sharp. Must pick it up and get back to a decent level heading into early November where we'll come up against Spurs then Chelsea. Cannot have any passengers.

Robertd0803

I wish people would stop comparing him to nani who was genuinely one of the best wingers in the league for 1 or 2 seasons.
Im not comparing him quality wise to Nani in a footballing sense more the fact that Nani was one of the most frustrating players I can ever recall playing for us. Miki evokes similar levels of frustration.

I can see why we are being linked with Ozil, admittedley we wont gain anything defensivley but hes got to be more productive consistently than Miki from an attacking point of view.

Camilo

I just still see a bang average player, even at his best. Not that quick, not that skillfull, weak, poor shot, uninfluential in most games... But the way he's playing now is appalling - bench him now.

I still think he was bought because we were seriously lacking in attacking numbers, and he was relatively and therefore low risk.

Kapardin

I just still see a bang average player, even at his best. Not that quick, not that skillfull, weak, poor shot, uninfluential in most games... But the way he's playing now is appalling - bench him now.

I still think he was bought because we were seriously lacking in attacking numbers, and he was relatively and therefore low risk.
This is basically my opinion. Plus maybe a favor to Raiola.

Thinking about it, was he not a bargain for 26 mil in the current market? He has done exactly what a 26 mil player can be expected to do - is a decent squad player, scored some crucial goals and helped us win the Europa, and stat-pads even when he is not playing well. We can't expect world class talent anymore for that price.

When we upgrade on him, I think we will appreciate his contribution better when he is reduced to a bench player and puts in a shift for us when we need him. Don't regret buying him.

Cliche Guevara

This is basically my opinion. Plus maybe a favor to Raiola.

Thinking about it, was he not a bargain for 26 mil in the current market? He has done exactly what a 26 mil player can be expected to do - is a decent squad player, scored some crucial goals and helped us win the Europa, and stat-pads even when he is not playing well. We can't expect world class talent anymore for that price.

When we upgrade on him, I think we will appreciate his contribution better when he is reduced to a bench player and puts in a shift for us when we need him. Don't regret buying him.
He was bought last season, however, and was in the final year of his contract. I think he was relatively expensive given the circumstances.

Mcking

If Mikhi is a luxury player, what does that make Ozil? If we are fielding a player who contributes nothing defensively I'd prefer them to be better than Ozil.
You could say both are not very good defensively, but thats were the comparison ends. Unlike Mkhi, Ozil can actually keep the ball and create chances. He possesses wonderful ball control, impeccable technique and unrivaled vision that makes him one of the best playmakers in the world. You can't realistically get a better playmaker than him out there. Tagging him as a luxury player and putting him on the same level as the completely inferior Mkhitaryan is quite lazy and disrespectful to the Turk-cum-German. Forget his late Arsenal form, he's got everything you need in a playmaker unless you are the hard running over technical ability type of fan and I believe he will thrive with Mourinho and better players around him.

Footballsaurus

You could say both are not very good defensively, but thats were the comparison ends. Unlike Mkhi, Ozil can actually keep the ball and create chances. He possesses wonderful ball control, impeccable technique and unrivaled vision that makes him one of the best playmakers in the world. You can't realistically get a better playmaker than him out there. Tagging him as a luxury player and putting him on the same level as the completely inferior Mkhitaryan is quite lazy and disrespectful to the Turk-cum-German. Forget his late Arsenal form, he's got everything you need in a playmaker unless you are the hard running over technical ability type of fan and I believe he will thrive with Mourinho and better players around him.
Wow racist trash right here. Hmm... I am guessing folks posting from nigeria are really via vpn proxie. European laundromat invades fan sites and fan youtube.com channels.

Mcking

His better performances come after we get a goal up, but he struggles to impact a tight game, he's very much a counter attacking player, he can't dictate the attack and loses the ball too easily when pressed, it's been even harder for him without Pogba taking up the central creative slack.
Thats what they keep telling us, but the number of counterattacks he ruins per game is bloody appalling. He either delivers a very weak through pass, or takes a poor shot, or tries to take on three to four players when passing the ball quickly is the far better option, or he loses the ball after his first touch. If there's a statistics for number of counterattacks ruined per game? Mkhi will pretty much be walking away with the trophy on regular basis.

Devil may care

Thats what they keep telling us, but the number of counterattacks he ruins per game is bloody appalling. He either delivers a very weak through pass, or takes a poor shot, or tries to take on three to four players when passing the ball quickly is the far better option, or he loses the ball after his first touch. If there's a statistics for number of counterattacks ruined per game? Mkhi will pretty much be walking away with the trophy on regular basis.
He's not gewtting anything right at the moment I agree and he does still seem to be struggling with the tempo of the PL, but at hgis best he's a counter attacking AM, not an orchestrating #10, which is why he's so poor in tight games where we have a lot of possession.

Mcking

He's not gewtting anything right at the moment I agree and he does still seem to be struggling with the tempo of the PL, but at hgis best he's a counter attacking AM, not an orchestrating #10, which is why he's so poor in tight games where we have a lot of possession.
Yea, he's more of the former than the latter. We can all agree on your first point, because he's being hurting our transistions more than he's being helping them lately, which is what he's supposed to be doing.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
His arse should be polishing the bench tomorrow. Needs to buck his ideas up.

He’s been diabolical recently.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Peter Schmeichel always said one of the reasons Scholes was a great player eas because his bottom level was still ok. Even when he was having a bad day by his standards he was still decent.

Mkjitaryan must have the lowest bottom level of anyone in the current squad. When he's having a bad day he's fecking appalling.
"People say he is a great player, but you have to define what a great player is," says Peter Schmeichel, the former United goalkeeper. "For me, it is a player who has a bottom level that means his worst performance is not noticed. If he is having a bad game, a team-mate might feel Paul Scholes is not quite on his game, but a spectator wouldn't notice. Scholes, of all the players I have played with, has the highest bottom level."

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Struggling to decide if this was his worst game in a United shirt of not. I mean his debut was fairly fecking atrocious but tonight did seem to tread new ground. He was absolutely fecking diabolical.
LOL. I can't disagree. It was as if we were playing with 10 men.
Here's a question: has any Dortmund player ever done well after moving to MUFC?

peanuthead

I used to watch Dortmund under Klopp before he joined and continued watching when he joined and in all honesty I never wanted him here. He's an enigma he does good and bad in the space of 10 seconds and this was at Dortmund never mind us. Mkhitaryan would intercept a pass and then immediately overhit a simple through ball. I remember early in the season when he was raking up assists people were saying that's all they want from their number ten, now that its dried up he offers nothing. There are several times when we're counter attacking and Martial/Rashford are in acres of space on the left when we're scoring from left to right and he just takes to long to pass and end up losing the ball.

I don't know if people notice how he p*ssys out of challenges and I'm not talking about dangerous career ending tackles just simple 50/50 he can win by applying pressure or force, its like he has no interest in that side of the game. That game at Liverpool he didn't even bother to press, chase or hustle the Liverpool players he just jogged around and they were literally passing around him. The icing on the cake was when he was subbed off he looked disappointed that he was being taken off.

He was crap against Benfica and I don't know how the hell he stayed on so long. I know Martial came on for Rashford but no way he should've lasted that long. Interestingly I think he's gonna do well at Huddersfield tomorrow and keep his place. I hate fighting down my own players but he needs to deliver big time against Spurs and Chelsea to win me over. I'm not giving up yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.