g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Henrikh Mkhitaryan image 22

Henrikh Mkhitaryan Armenia flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

This thread is pathetic.

He has our 2nd highest passing percentage behind Chris Smalling. He's given the ball away 2 times. Meanwhile Matic is at 4.

Minimalist

Haven't noticed him. Genuinely not sure if that's on him or because I have barely seen an attack down the middle.

OneUnited24

This thread is pathetic.

He has our 2nd highest passing percentage behind Chris Smalling. He's given the ball away 2 times. Meanwhile Matic is at 4.
Another reason why stats are balls. A number 10s passing percentage is judged differently than a defenders because you want your number 10 to play forward balls or at the very least start attacks. With him its either play it safe or lose the ball.

But hey at least his stats are good

Idxomer

He's playing his best match in a while and that's only because he's not losing the ball needlessly, other than that he's still shit and Martial would be much better in that position.

mu4c_20le

He hasn't screwed up as much as his last few games, but that doesn't mean he's been good. The reason for this is because he's been very conservative with his passing today.

Donsangre

No one ever does that so no need to convince yourself of it. He's shit and he gets called out for it, as simple as that.
Well, rating him the worst player of the game is certainly blaming for the loss. He totally doesnt deserve to be rated that bad.
For example, he gets very little ball today and plays mainly defensively. He has recovered the ball several times and I saw him defending against Hazard. How in the hell he should be doing what he is doing best when he doesnt get the ball and he defends most of the time.
There were many examples were Mkhi was suposed to get the ball but his partners decided otherwise. One particular situation where the pass to Mkhi was an obvious one but Matic decided not to give the pass an lost the ball. Either he lost the confidence of his partners or the coach decided not to play any attack through the middle. The question arises. Why in the hell he is playing MKhi then. Play Fellaini for the gods sake and don't waste MKhis energy. He just runs around for nothing.

NinjaFletch

This thread is pathetic.

Matic has also played about twice as many passes as Mhkitaryan, but you're right if you don't get on the ball you can't give it away much.

OneUnited24

No shit, but he's outdoing Matic who is another midfielder and I dont see Matic's thread bumped with complaints.
So you're comparing a DMF to a number 10? Just checking

I'd love to see the passes Matic hasnt made, i bet most are forward balls.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This thread is pathetic.

He's done alright when he's been on the ball... It's just he has very rarely been on the ball which is standard him in big games, even when he's on form.

kps88

He's definitely been better in that he hasn't given the ball away every time he got a touch.

Ekeke

So you're comparing a DMF to a number 10? Just checking

I'd love to see the passes Matic hasnt made, i bet most are forward balls.
82% pass completion, given the ball away 4 times, made a single tackle

Miki has been average, hasnt got on the ball enough. But what im reading is that he keeps giving the ball away. Yet its half as many times as our deep midfielder

Donsangre

He hasn't screwed up as much as his last few games, but that doesn't mean he's been good. The reason for this is because he's been very conservative with his passing today.
Tada, dude...
If you play conservative you can pass, but it doesnt add anything to the game, correct? If you try to do risky passing, the chances are that you might lose the ball, however, it is also possible to create something interesting. Its a balance.
Doesnt apply to todays game thou. We are attacking using flanks only.

Robindinho

Invisible once again, surprised Jose keeps sticking with him. Mata or Martial play like he has of late and they’re dropped for a month.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Well, rating him the worst player of the game is certainly blaming for the loss. He totally doesnt deserve to be rated that bad.
For example, he gets very little ball today and plays mainly defensively. He has recovered the ball several times and I saw him defending against Hazard. How in the hell he should be doing what he is doing best when he doesnt get the ball and he defends most of the time.
There were many examples were Mkhi was suposed to get the ball but his partners decided otherwise. One particular situation where the pass to Mkhi was an obvious one but Matic decided not to give the pass an lost the ball. Either he lost the confidence of his partners or the coach decided not to play any attack through the middle. The question arises. Why in the hell he is playing MKhi then. Play Fellaini for the gods sake and don't waste MKhis energy. He just runs around for nothing.
Wtf, that is some weird logic you got going on there. Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive. If you think so then really you are convincing yourself of something wrong

King.of.Red

if he is still like this till end of the season, I hope Jose will be ruthless enough to sell him. so frustating to watch. damn, I drool watching de bruyne..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thats more like it. Yeah hes been average and not been involved a lot
Yeah everyone loves to always criticize him on here, a lot of is unjust tbh. But I don't understand Mourinho playing him in games like today and vs Spurs. Play him in games that we'll dominate. Never play him in games where it's a very even contest at best, or we are playing on the break and are under pressure.

Ekeke

Yeah everyone loves to always criticize him on here, a lot of is unjust tbh. But I don't understand Mourinho playing him in games like today and vs Spurs. Play him in games that we'll dominate. Never play him in games where it's a very even contest at best, or we are playing on the break and are under pressure.
At his best, he's very good on the break and without him in the team we'll often struggle to create the chance to get on the scoresheet. He's just not in the best form and we dont have top quality replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.