5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Kagawa 2.0 - Looks completely lost all the time.
Kinda feel that is being a little harsh to Kagawa :lol::lol:

I’ve no idea what has happened to Mkhitaryan, seen quite a bit of him playing for Dortmund and it’s like we bought a different player. He got a few assists early doors but he wasn’t playing particularly well and now I think Jose needs to send him on vacation for a bit to sort himself out. He’s not this poor.

SteveW

I don't think he's mentally strong enough for the central playmaker role. Can't handle the responsibility

Bobski

He has been bad, but I will go out on a limb and suggest that chasing long balls and playing off breaks might not be the best use of him. Put him in a team like City and he would probably look a different player with like minded individuals around. Not saying he is good enough to get into their team but our lack of any identifiable system of attacking play does not help.

Drop him, play Martial, Rashford and Lukaku and just hope they can find enough individuals moments until Pogba is back.

NinjaFletch

He has been bad, but I will go out on a limb and suggest that chasing long balls and playing off breaks might not be the best use of him. Put him in a team like City and he would probably look a different player with like minded individuals around. Not saying he is good enough to get into their team but our lack of any identifiable system of attacking play does not help.

Drop him, play Martial, Rashford and Lukaku and just hope they can find enough individuals moments until Pogba is back.
I don't know, he already looks fairly invisible as it is. Him not getting onto the pitch at all isn't going to look that much different to now.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor

But he's chasing feck all.

Deleted member 101472

Have defended him as much as possible but it’s just not justifiable anymore. Part of me trusted in the tactics and that the squad benefited from him being on the pitch. Now there’s a long enough period to judge and the results for Mkhitaryan aren’t pretty. In October/November he offered pretty much nothing to the team. No one looked a better player because of him, he didn’t link up well and I’m certain that he’s probably even questioning himself what the manager keeps picking him now. He needs to be benched, and hope to make an impact as a late sub to get some confidence back. I honestly reckon I could do a job against him as a defensive midfielder when he plays like the last 6 games, there’s just nothing that stands out as special.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich

I’ve no idea what has happened to Mkhitaryan, seen quite a bit of him playing for Dortmund and it’s like we bought a different player. He got a few assists early doors but he wasn’t playing particularly well and now I think Jose needs to send him on vacation for a bit to sort himself out. He’s not this poor.
His performances for United are a perfect reflection of his first two seasons at Dortmund. Decent start, but mostly productive games rather than actually playing really well followed by a truely awful second season when he was the worst player in almost every game and every single Dortmund supporter wanted him gone, because he wasn't just bad but also a huge coward in big games. His 3rd season really came out of nowhere and even in that season he was the perfect flat track bully who was still a coward and awful in pretty much all big games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Desperately needs Pogba back. I'm confident that'll see him utilised better.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Easily the worst player on the pitch and it's not even up for debate. With every player in our side you could atleast see the intention and what they had been tasked to do- eg. with Herrera you new that he was tasked with marking Hazard and also to try and rile the opposition up and so on, but with Mkhi, he was just lost on the pitch. Even if you say that it is Mourinho's fault that we played defensive football trying to keep it level till 80th minute and then try and unleash Martial- where was the defensive contribution from him. Even if you are bad at it- even then just plut an effort in ffs!

Zoo

Anyone see him get bullied off the ball by Fabregas? Little Mo Salah did the same to him at Anfield.

He is one of the most frustrating players we’ve ever had.

Jig1234

Yes it is actually. Maybe Di Maria. Kagawa did try and look a bit better in fairness. Mkhitaryan is just terrible in possession. Anonymous in most matches.

I think part of the blame must fall on Mourinho. Over at City Pep is getting a tune out of his entire squad. Stones, sterling Sane... All slowly improving while Mourinho has ostracised a young LB to use the likes of Ashley Young.

Mourinho doesn't seem to be able to get anyone improving or playing consistently well. No one looks like they are progressing under his watch. If anything players like Herrera are even worse.

Eddy_JukeZ

He got bullied off the ball by Fabregas with UTTER ease.

Such a weak player physically, but also mentally.

He's a nothing player. Can't stand him.

red4ever 79

Have said it before, I can excuse a dip in form, a crisis of confidence. However I cannot accept a lack of effort and determination which is what this guy is showing. Not good enough I'm afraid. Embarrassing

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Needs a cuddle, a cup of cocoa and a bedtime story to get the best out of him apparently.

Who the fck is scouting all these soft arse's thinking they are in the man United mould.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I don't understand Jose's persistence in playing him when he continually stinks up every game?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I remember his debut in the friendly against Blackburn and I thought "finally we've got a proper AM"

He's got worse and worse as it's gone on. He actually started the game alright for the first 10 minutes or so, but completely went missing in the 2nd half, it was embarrasing. The defensive side to his game seems to have disappeared also. Wasn't he supposed to be this really fit pressing beast that wouldn't stop running? he looks fat and slow these days.

caid

We really need back up in january.
Really doesn't warrant starting at the moment but theres no real alternatives.
I'd bring mata in to the middle but hes a very different player and I have no idea who i'd put out on the right.
I suppose you could start Fellaini, hes just had a lot more to offer most of this season.

Leaves us quite lacking in players who can dribble and beat a man or 3.
Getting pogba back would help i guess.

Jagga7

Looks awful, worst than that he's playing like a coward. Constantly pulling out of challenges and losing 50/50's. I still think hes a good footballer but he's playing dire at the moment.

ti vu

I blame Mourinho for being persistent with him. Absolute liability at the times. It's not he didn't try but seem like he reset himself to when he first arrived. No intensity whatsoever. He was there marking, but you have a feeling Chelsea players can just glide past him with ease. The build up for the goal is prime example. He was there pressing, but there was absolute no intensity and Chelsea just played passes across the pitch toward Azpilicueta like he didn't even exist. He offered nothing attacking wise neither.

I remember his debut in the friendly against Blackburn and I thought "finally we've got a proper AM"

He's got worse and worse as it's gone on. He actually started the game alright for the first 10 minutes or so, but completely went missing in the 2nd half, it was embarrasing. The defensive side to his game seems to have disappeared also. Wasn't he supposed to be this really fit pressing beast that wouldn't stop running? he looks fat and slow these days.
Kante was playing a calmer role today and Mkhi failed to test him both offensively or defensively at all. Kante was not as explosive as he normally be, yet Mkhi made us feel like playing with 10 men and Kante is free doing anything he wants without breaking a sweat. Same game Morata, Hazard, Cesc turned up with their best form, while Bakayoko showed his explosiveness, the rest of our team suffered with Mkhi ghosted during the game.

Last edited:

sugar_kane

Growing to actively hate this guy now... he has the talent but his mentality and application is piss poor.

I'd rather see the far less talented Lingard and Fellaini start for us over him every time because they work their bollocks off, this guy not only doesn't work hard enough but seems like a total pussy and not the sort of personality we need in the team.

Silverman

Why was he jogging around the pitch rather than running. He looked like he couldn't be bothered. At one point, I genuinely wondered if he was alright. He almost looked like he was in a daze at times.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Anyone see him get bullied off the ball by Fabregas? Little Mo Salah did the same to him at Anfield.

He is one of the most frustrating players we’ve ever had.
He's like Nani in that respect, except way less talented, and not as hard working, or as good on the ball...

So basically he's nothing like Nani, except the frustrating part

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Playing with 10 men when you have him starting. Invisible.
Indeed.
And it's happening in virtually every game he plays in.
Him being on the pitch or not, it amounts to the same thing.

Ban

Is he out of form or he's simply not good enough? Or both?
Can we get Ozil in January?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Why the feck did Mourinho draw diagrams for about 15 minutes before taking him off. The look on Miki’s face was one of a man that either knew or was praying he was about to get put out of his misery. Pathetic spineless performance but who can say they were surprised

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What did people expect? He was never going to be a star player. Out of his 3 seasons at Dortmund 1 was average, 1 was awful and 1 was great and even then his stats were inflated because of the EL qualifiers.

arthurka

I love the notion that Mkhi is supposed to lose the ball often as he's a no 10 :lol:

We can all tolerate that not all attempts made by a creative player comes off in the final third, that would be obscene to expect and it goes for all players independent of who they play for. Then again, that's hardly Mkhis problem. If he was linking up fine with our forwards and his through balls into the box generally fails, then feck it, who cares. The entire problem is that he's not linking up fine as he's generally losing the ball, it's absurd how he has a player open ahead of him and open to the left, and he ends up sticking the ball in the middle of them straight to a Tottenham player.

I have no idea why Mourinho persists with him and trusts him so much. Not many players would be that quickly back in the starting lineup..
People should watch Silva if they like to see how its done..

Mou uses him because its his buy.. Same with Lindelöf over Blind.. He should be nowhere near the first team..

ti vu

What did people expect? He was never going to be a star player. Out of his 3 seasons at Dortmund 1 was average, 1 was awful and 1 was great and even then his stats were inflated because of the EL qualifiers.
No one expected him to be star player. He is expected to be the better end product than Lingard and given the freedom to focus on it = supporting our forward. He failed miserably doing so. He clearly has the raw talent, so it's not much to ask given the other players do a lot weight lifting for him. It shows here and there when he can somehow bring it out. The problem is nowadays he rarely if at all performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.