g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Henrikh Mkhitaryan image 22

Henrikh Mkhitaryan Armenia flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash_G

As many have said the problem is that for one of our more senior players his end product/decision making just isn't consistently good enough. It'd be one thing if he was early 20's but at his age he needs to be better than this.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
We need to stop trying to persist with these players that are clearly not good enough. Basically, early on admit the scouting team has cocked up (again) and get shut.

smallred

looks like Micki is the latest player to be the scapegoat no matter how bad others are. nothing changed when he went off, in fact the 2nd half overall was a disgrace of a performance compared to the 1st (which was pathetic as it was). he had a poor enough game, but nowhere near the levels being depicted on here

playing him left wing, was a shambles yet Micki looked to do things and create things compared to gutless performances of the likes of Mata and lingard who offered nothing all game and should both have been off at half time.

Kostov

When he ballooned that ball when we were on a counter with Jesse and Rashford running along, I just had it with him. Feck him he should be kicked out. Absolute garbage.

Silas

looks like Micki is the latest player to be the scapegoat no matter how bad others are. nothing changed when he went off, in fact the 2nd half overall was a disgrace of a performance compared to the 1st (which was pathetic as it was). he had a poor enough game, but nowhere near the levels being depicted on here

playing him left wing, was a shambles yet Micki looked to do things and create things compared to gutless performances of the likes of Mata and lingard who offered nothing all game and should both have been off at half time.
What did Mhiki create? I only remember one cross to the near post.

Ekeke

Pretty much. His mistakes were annoying more than hindering. A balanced overview of the game would be that while he didnt play well, he was still one of our better attacking players on the day. In fact had he not played I wouldnt be surprised if it felt like we didnt create any openings at all, because he was involved in most of those we did make.

RyRoc

Not one to usually comment with something like this but would anyone be surprised if he hit the front pages of the papers for something In the upcoming weeks?

His body language is extremely interesting to the neutral. It’s almost as if if he knows when he gets the ball that he’s going to make the wrong decision/ execution but can’t do anything about it - it’s written all over his face when they zoom in on him after which suggests that his concentration levels aren’t what they should be and perhaps something else is on his mind other than football. Pure speculation of course but feels something a bit more than just being mentally weak at this point.

Ashley R1+O

OOoooooooft that was a pretty poor performance. I guess all we can do is hope for the best, but I also wouldn't be surprised if like Mata he is let go at the end of the season, he hasn't made much progress from last season.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He was better today than in previous outings, did some good tracking back and put in some nice crosses.

He just needs to keep moving in the right direction now - build on this performance, which while still not great, was better, and that's something.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It’s like someone surgically removed his talent. He was fantastic for BvB, but now he looks barely better than me and believe me, Im shite.

JMack1234

I was at the match and he was shocking.

You could feel the crowd getting increasingly annoyed with him as he got into a good position then put in a terrible cross and the cheer that went up when his number came up said it all.

Today just felt like an ending for him and Utd.

Sad really.

meamth

At least Mata started a couple of attacks and delivered a magnificent ball to Lukaku to score.

Mikhitaryan on the other hand, in 80% times he got the ball to go forward, he lost it the next move he make. Frustrating! I gave him so much time but I had it.

Mr.Plow

Mata created more chances than Mhiki. Strange post.

Foxbatt

His crossing was terrible but at least he was involved in a lot of our attacking moves. He even shot at goal and hit the target and brought a save out of their keeper.

Frank Grimes

His crossing was terrible but at least he was involved in a lot of our attacking moves. He even shot at goal and hit the target and brought a save out of their keeper.
I'm not a fan but I genuinely think we missed him when he went off. He was rubbish but he still created our second best chance imo, when Lingard missed that header at the end of the first half. Lukaku's chance was our best chance imo, really should have buried that.

stu_1992

With the exception of one cross, absolutely piss-poor final ball from this guy today. An issue that was true for most of the team, bit especially in his case. Shouldn't be playing, and most likely wouldn't be if it wasn't for our injuries.

Sgeorge

Poor from him today, just like everyone else on the field. I like him, as an excuse it didn't help that he was played out of position and with Pogba being deep, Martial not available there was no quick passing around the final third which is where he excels.

Before the club decides to let him go I would like to see him play in that number 10 or wide right position to see if he can rediscover his old form. I still think he is quality and might do well in good passing sides like Arsenal or Man City.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
This came across clear as day while watching it on TV too. When the camera panned to him sitting on the bench I have to admit I felt sorry for him. Don't think United fans should have cheered his substitution like that, was not nice.
I agree. We tried to get his chant going but people weren't interested. It must be difficult hearing a collective moan from 70,000 people every time you do something wrong.

Ekeke

I agree. We tried to get his chant going but people weren't interested. It must be difficult hearing a collective moan from 70,000 people every time you do something wrong.
Takes 11 starts and 4 sub appearances for some of our "fans" to hate a player it seems. Very sad

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
For all we know he could be suffering some mental health issues or have some private issues going on we are clueless about. He didn’t seem to be a player who was just shit...it’s like he wasn’t there. He’s had large periods of unexplained absence in the past with us. Certainly he isn’t someone who is just focusing on his football at the moment.

SHARP VIEWCAM

In over 25 years of attending Old Trafford, his performance yesterday ranked among the very worst I have seen from a United player.

During warm up before the game - Lukaku, Pogba, Mata, Lingard and Henrikh were practicing attacking drills and taking unchallenged shots at goal in front of the Stretford End. 90% of Henrikh’s shots were flying all over the place, he just seemed to have no control over where he was putting the ball, even with all the time and space in the world. This was soon echoed by his crossing and passing in the game itself.

I stood amazed that this player is deemed good enough to be starting a game at Old Trafford in his current form and state of mind, especially with a player like Martial on the bench. The only conclusion I can come to is that yesterday’s game was a failed attempt to put him in the shop window before the January transfer market opens.

Yes, he’s obviously a confidence player that can do great things when he’s on form, but being a professional footballer should mean that you can maintain a decent level of performance and do the basic things right even when confidence is low. This guy can’t do that and therefore simply isn’t good enough for Manchester United.

saaypundit

I can’t believe that mhki is being scape goated like this.

It’s a damning indictment of the lack of quality in United’s attack.

He was being played out of position and did ok considering all the other attacking players looked clueless.

Imagine being Mhki’s level and being coached by a manager who doesn’t give a damn about attacking?!?

I’d be demoralised too.

Play mhki on the right or in the centre. Not left wing or left wing back like last season.

Silas

I can’t believe that mhki is being scape goated like this.

It’s a damning indictment of the lack of quality in United’s attack.

He was being played out of position and did ok considering all the other attacking players looked clueless.

Imagine being Mhki’s level and being coached by a manager who doesn’t give a damn about attacking?!?

I’d be demoralised too.

Play mhki on the right or in the centre. Not left wing or left wing back like last season.
Hardly out of position. He played more on the left (by one game) than on the right in Germany. Throughout his career, he's only played 17 more games on the right than left.

Beaucoup

massive overreaction on here, he didn't play that bad, there were quite a few others that had significantly poorer games.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
The notion that he's a scape goat is somewhat absurd.

Look, Mkhi is the player I expected to have an instant positive impact due to his age and experience. I figured Pogba would be a mint signing, but would have his ups and downs due to his age and fee, while I expected Zlatan to struggle more adapting to the pace and defenders in the league.

I said it at the start of the season, Mkhi isn't playing well but his stats are mint (which they were), but sooner rather than later his stats will either reflect the way he's actually playing and we'll have a problem, or he'll gradually improve.....People were too focused on his stats, more assist than Coutinho's best season at Liverpool etc etc. Too focused on the assist stats, and not bothering to think about how the player is actually performing and the consequence for the rest of the team.

Yesterday was another example, he'd pull off something utter mint, like what looks like an easy body feint and get into a brilliant position only to just lob the ball straight to a Southampton player. All the time in the world to put in a cross, ends up a mile away from the closest United player. So boo hoo he starts on the left, but here's the counter attacking genius player who is played on by Rashford where we have a mint chance to punish Southampton on the counter, and he floats in one of the worst crosses I've ever seen..Yet, he ends up delivering one great cross which Lingard should've scored from. For me, I'd prefer better deliveries on all his other crosses, especially from that counter attack which Rashford started.

smallred

Mata created more chances than Mhiki. Strange post.
incorrect. Mata played in one decent ball in the first 3 minutes and disappeared for the rest of the game. he should have been whipped off at half time. Micki was always looking for the ball, always looking to create things. they didnt come off but people seem to forget our best chance of the game was the one lingard missed from 6 yards, which all came from Micki.

the biggest and most crucial thing is every1 was blaming him but after he went off, things got even worse and that was with Martial on. mata and lingard offered nothing yesterday.

smallred

Yeah
People genuinely celebrated him being substituted.
another sad day for our club. people should be ashamed of themselves and stay at home if they are going to treat our players like this. its grand talking about players on forums but once inside the ground, you should support them 100%.

and whats worse, theres multiple others getting away with complete dogs*it performances week in,week out and its being ingnored on here and other forms of social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.