ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
That's because we're shit now.
That and we still don't care that much about one day cricket. If we're shit in tests, people moan bitterly. If we're shit in ODI's, people forget we're even playing.

Boycott

Scots giving too many easy runs to Ali. Spinners usually do well to nail him so a change of plan perhaps

DOTA

What should we be aiming for on this? 330?

Jammydodger7

Am I the only one who finds the sky commentators really patronising towards the affiliates?

NinjaFletch

Am I the only one who finds the sky commentators really patronising towards the affiliates?
They're just being honest I think.

They were very complimentary of Ireland when they played, but this Scotland bowling is just a bit shit. No point dressing it up and making out that its not.

Jammydodger7

They're just being honest I think.

They were very complimentary of Ireland when they played, but this Scotland bowling is just a bit shit. No point dressing it up and making out that its not.
Yea that's fair I suppose, Scotland have been shocking! I just think they keep grouping the affiliates together when both Ireland and Afghanistan are a level above the others, they should just judge each team on their own merits rather than just "the affiliates".

NinjaFletch

If these two get to 35 overs and Ballance is the next man in I'm going to fecking murder someone.

DOTA

Yea that's fair I suppose, Scotland have been shocking! I just think they keep grouping the affiliates together when both Ireland and Afghanistan are a level above the others, they should just judge each team on their own merits rather than just "the affiliates".
Scotland battered Ireland in the warm ups, to be fair.

NinjaFletch

I don't understand why we haven't taken the power play either.

Mooen in and loves hitting over the top, so now its being used on two players who aren't in and both like picking gaps.

Absolutely staggering incompetence from all involved. At least Ballance didn't waste too much time.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Ballance is a failure IMO. Should have Hales opening and Bell at 3.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I was enjoying the match as well. Not the best run rate given the opposition (no disrespect) and the conditions, but Moeen and Bell were looking ok.

langster

Scout
This is absolutely fecking dire.

Sick to shit of this team.
It wasn't that long ago we were World T20 champions, Ashes holders and the number 1 test side in the world, and number 1 one day rankings too. The best side in the world in all formats of the game.

This lot will have The Sun burning wickets on the front cover again. :lol:

NinjaFletch

It wasn't that long ago we were World T20 champions, Ashes holders and the number 1 test side in the world, and number 1 one day rankings too. The best side in the world in all formats of the game.

This lot will have The Sun burning wickets on the front cover again. :lol:
I don't even think individually they're bad players. Morgan's woefully out of form and the bowlings not great, but thats its.

Its the direction from the top that I have a real problem with.

Flower deserved to go when he did, but Moores is just the same as him, just an inferior version.

Everything is just muddled, no consistent vision, plan or philosophy. In the past few months alone theres a whole list of absolutely baffling decisions, for example. Batting Taylor at 3 for about 8 games in a row just to drop him to 6 as soon as the World Cup starts for a player who's not done anything in ODIs. Opening the bowling with Woakes who did well, to then drop him to first change for Broad (who's been shit for about 2 years) and all the nonsense today obviously.

ha_rooney

England should be embarrassed if they don't even make 300. Pathetic after that great start.

langster

Scout
philosophy
:nervous:

Don't say that word, it will give me nightmares :lol:

On the rest, I agree completely. They are not bad players and in truth are actually a very decent side. Buttler for one was outstanding when he first came on the scene. There is so much talent and promise in the side and with good experience from players like Bell and Anderson, they should be a better side than they are. It's like being back in the 90's. The life of an English cricket fan eh?

NinjaFletch

I don't understand how Haq can have figure of 1-48.

I'm sure he's wily, but at the speed he bowls you can use your feet to him, turn everything into a full toss, throw him off his length and make him do something.

It's pathetic watching international batsmen let a club spinner just bowl to them. He'd go for about 100 if Scotland faced India.

ha_rooney

Brilliant wicket-keeping.

Love the LED lights on the stumps, small but nice addition to make decisions easier.