View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really not worried about him, think he will resign in the summer without much hassle. He knows he is rated at the club and whenever fit he is on the bench.

RedRevongge

Apparently he can leg press more weight than any other player in the squad. Beat Rooney's record earlier this season. Now he's (presumably) stopped growing he'll fill out a lot.
Real men squat! Plus im sure Valencia would leg press more than Wilson

RedRevongge

Don't be decieved by build...
I've been a regular gym goer for about 8 years and agree with you on that. I've seen really small powerlifters shift incredible amounts of weight.

However I was referring to this tweet from Rio...

I saw Valencia in the gym today...the guy throws the wieghts around like how I threw @RobbieSavage8 about! #strongestwingerinthegame #fact !

Wilson may be the strongest leg presser but I'm slightly dubious especially due to his young age as he probably hasn't fully developed yet

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I've been a regular gym goer for about 8 years and agree with you on that. I've seen really small powerlifters shift incredible amounts of weight.

I saw Valencia in the gym today...the guy throws the wieghts around like how I threw @RobbieSavage8 about! #strongestwingerinthegame #fact !

Wilson may be the strongest leg presser but I'm slightly dubious especially due to his young age as he probably hasn't fully developed yet
I'm not just making shit up.

Here's a link:

Wayne Rooney is the long- standing champion of the leg press at Manchester United’s training ground.

Peerless and willing to take on all-comers, United’s captain can lift more with his legs than bigger, heavier players in the Carrington gym.

At least he could until recently when James Wilson, the last man to score for low scoring United, surpassed him.

“I coached James when he was seven years old working on his skills,” recalls Rene Muelensteen, the former first team coach who left the club in 2013.

“He was very, very quick and has that fast twitch muscle tissue. He’s got a strong muscle set-up which enables those explosive bursts of pace."

Trizy

I honestly think Wilson will become a club great, he has everything needed! :drool:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Valencia, might be one of those gymers that skip leg day.... :lol:

dirkey

I do like the caf, when a player has been out of the first 11 for some time, there's a fierce rush to forget just how out of place they looked the last time they played there. Yep, Wilson looks promising. Does he deserve to start right now? No way. Hasn't looked at home in the first team yet, and great play in U21s means nothing in that regard.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I do like the caf, when a player has been out of the first 11 for some time, there's a fierce rush to forget just how out of place they looked the last time they played there. Yep, Wilson looks promising. Does he deserve to start right now? No way. Hasn't looked at home in the first team yet, and great play in U21s means nothing in that regard.
Deserve? Young players get random looks into the first team, not always because there wasn't a better option available.

dirkey

Deserve? Young players get random looks into the first team, not always because there wasn't a better option available.
Yes, but I think with 2 games to go, beating Arsenal to give us a slight chance of top 3 is not the time to give a young player a random look at the first team.

m1y2

So it was. He said "Wilson is unbelievable in the six-yard box," commented Butt. "He's got the best standing spring you've ever seen in your life."
still pretty poor aerial game, especially his timing, but plenty of time for him to learn that..

Roman Bellic

Prick
James Wilson won't blossom into the kind of striker we expect him to be, he won't be our main striker in the next 3-5 years.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

James Wilson won't blossom into the kind of striker we expect him to be, he won't be our main striker in the next 3-5 years.
Do you mean he won't develop into a great striker, or that he won't develop into the right type of great striker that we need?

YouOnlyLiveTwice

he won't develop into the right type of great striker that we need.
Alright, but isn't that too early to say? When i watch him he seems to be pretty good at everything, strong body, dribbling, pace and good passing ability.
He is raw atm, but he is 19 after all and still damn good for his age.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Yes, but I think with 2 games to go, beating Arsenal to give us a slight chance of top 3 is not the time to give a young player a random look at the first team.
Its enough of a challenge to excite him with little enough on the line to lose.

Its makes more sense than it would have before we secured 4th.

Gotta take a chance somewhere, Falcao and a not-match-fit Van Persie isn't ideal either.

khoazany

Don't think he'll start vs. Arsenal but he might start vs. Hull.

Love how people are so sure about predicting player's future.Let's tell me what's our best XI 5 seasons away from now when we're at it.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
If we played a fluid front 3 like Barca do I think they'd work well, but apparently LvG prefers a more rigid version with a big #9, so for Wilson to get games I think he is going to have to learn to play from the right of the front 3 as I don't think from what @NL Max has said he'll get to play as the lone #9 under LvG.
Completely missed this post, sorry. LvG his profile of a striker is a prime van Persie, a Lewandowski. Great at linking up play, holding up the ball and scoring goals on their own. They don't necessarily have to be Drogba's. Wilson is a tall guy and maybe van Gaal sees enough potential in him, I think he's likely to stay. He doesn't like loaning out talents because he can't mold them that way, he only does it if they have no chance of getting gametime.

Earlier in the season Wilson had alot of freedom when he came on a as a substitute, but I think now that van Gaal's methods become clear he will try to develop him into functioning piece. I see no reason why Wilson can't become a van Gaal 9, he just has to pick moments on when to dribble with the ball. Wilson can't do this too often because he'll lose the ball more. He won't be done learning when van Gaal is leaving, but he can certainly learn alot in these years.

If he sees Wilson a winger he could play on the right, but we've currently got 5 wingers + Nani, Lingard already. Memphis and Young can only play on the left effectively, it will depend if those 2 are good enough to keep that side covered or that they both get benched. I don't think that will happen so he will have to fight it out with Di Maria, Januzaj and Mata for that right spot, I think Wilson has more chance at our aging striker position.

As for Memphis and Wilson playing together? Could happen as they play in different positions.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
PULIS EYES WILSON LOAN

West Brom manager Tony Pulis will look to bring Manchester Unitedstriker James Wilson to the club on loan this summer, reports The Sun.

The Baggies are thought to be waiting for United to give the green light for the move, which depends on whether they feel the youngster would benefit from a move to the Hawthorns.

Albion are thought to have sent scouts to watch Wilson - who broke into the first-team during Ryan Giggs' short tenure as manager at the end of last season - in action for United's U21s last week.

Aston Villa are also reportedly interested in doing a deal for the 19-year-old on a short-term basis.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He can piss off. We wouldn't want him going there.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Personally I wouldn't want him going there unless Berahino leaves. Villa is an even worse idea, especially if Benteke stays put.

Wilson needs to have guaranteed first team footbal, even if that means going to the Championship. It's not such a bad idea, Jordan Ibe certainly made the most of it.

Devil may care

Personally I wouldn't want him going there unless Berahino leaves. Villa is an even worse idea, especially if Benteke stays put.

Wilson needs to have guaranteed first team footbal, even if that means going to the Championship. It's not such a bad idea, Jordan Ibe certainly made the most of it.
Villa are almost certain to sell Benteke and Sherwood seems to be good with young players so that could be a good option for Wilson as well.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I do not understand how he did not get more game time this season with our underperforming strikers(injury aside). With the assumption that we will get another attacker next season, I can not see him getting much game time either. If he does go to loan, hopefully he can make as good an impact as Welbeck did at Sunderland to ensure he becomes an important part of our team the season before next one.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yeah Championship might be better to ensure he starts every game. Villa could be good too, if Benteke leaves then Charlie Austin might come in and they are looking at Bamford too but I imagine it will be a Bamford or Wilson deal. Austin isn't the best so he give him some competition and Villa play some good open football which would suit Wilo.

jb8521

I would have brought him on today instead of Van Persie. Arsenal were leaving huge space in behind their defence so even if he hasn't scored I think his pace would have meant they couldn't press us as high as they did

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Even if he doesnt do anything production wise, he's so much more effective by the fact his runs spread defenders allowing more space for others.

I really hope he starts against Hull.