Scout
MAWK said:
When you lose 5-0 and your keeper is your best player

and your keeper is Simon Mignolet.

Sums it up really

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I love how confident they were after beating an Arsenal whose entire side have lost their heads, and now this.

My mate was saying how well the defence will do if they play such and such a way again.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Klopp is showing that he knows only how to play one way tactically - the way that was a success for Dortmund but in the Premier League things are different.

I'm glad we didn't get him as he lacks a lot.
Thing is he'd been found out at Dortmund long before his tenure there ended too. They had a godawful season in his last one didn't they?

Deleted member 101472

Is it true that you'll never walk alone derived from the statistics surrounding actually walking alone through Liverpool?

montpelier

now with added Carra-gate

As for shithouse of the week... Carragher. Even Neville had the balls to say the truth, and it was fecking obvious that some kinda message had been passed to the "Sky Team" at half time...even Tyler and Neville said it was an unfortunate incident - nothing more

"Having looked at it 5 or 6 times then I'm persuaded it's a sending off..."

fecking see we've realised who's paying the bills now Carra , and its not the Club...pissed me off more than the result that.

1. Initially sees it...no red.
2. Backed up by Neville...no red
3. Even Tyler...sees it no red....

4. Quote from Neville .."Well done Jon Moss, you've spoilt a good game..."

5. General agreement of all parties, it's unfortunate but not a red card...and Jon Moss has got it wrong.

6. Half time break, and back to Kolo and Carra...who's now watched it "five or six times" and has been "convinced" (WTF)...that it was a red card
7. You're telling me some one hasn't passed a message NOT to undermine the shithouse referee on national telly...

8. After half time Neville STILL sticks to his guns as no red card, yet our Carra has fecking folded...

Five or six times...with numerous camera angles, and not one shows Sadio ever looking anywhere else than the ball ...AND their keeper is back on their bench at the end of the game - waving

the 'run into his foot' man is also unmoved by minor details

Are you mental? Emerson headed the ball for fecks sake.
He's brave but he's fecking dumb!

He can see that Sadio's foot is coming up for the ball and still he goes for it - fecking stupid - no one would fault him for pulling out.

As everyone has said, it was a 50/50 which by definition means that responsibility is shared.

Sadio should not be studs up
Ederson should not be going into a contact situation where he can see that he's going to be running into someone's foot.

Gopher Brown

All this hot air - yes, Mane had no intent, but it was reckless and resulted in the injury of a player, which could have been a very serious injury. Since when was it necessary that fouls had intent behind them?

haram

It was reckless and dangerous play. Do those imbeciles not understand that :lol:.

EyeInTheSky

Here are some pre-match quotes, to contrast what will follow at FT :)

They were so bullish, bless ‘em.
Lol that Mane "Targeting Walker" for red card was funny. One because Mane targeted their keepers face with his studs and he got a red and two Walker was not playing because he got a red last time he played...

This was Epic too:

"City have looked a bit ponderous at times so far this season and i think Klopp has the measure of Guardiola. His team's tend to play into our hands and I think we'll counter the shit out of them. 2-1 Liverpool, M&S scoring the goals, following which we'll be talked up as rightful title contenders."

Needham

Just had a look at their Liverpool forum front page. More locks on it than a Saudi chastity belt.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
They always feel hard done by don't they?

I wonder if in a hypothetical scenario this was Lukaku who planted his studs in their keepers jaw, would they say it was a "shocking decision" to send him off"? FFS as far as dangerous play goes this is as textbook red as it gets

0161_UNITED

And the kopites pitied themselves
And they pitied themselves, for Saint Rafael and Saint Brenton of The Whiteteeth had been banished to The Kingdoms of Tyne and Celt. In the kingdom of Tyne, Rafael was given no silver, yet lost Gayle of the Romans, yet Brenton resorted to sorcery, casting magical spells upon his teeth, and persevered.

Last edited:

0161_UNITED

And yet, those of the Kingdom of Scouse, they wandered, as had so many before. Those tribes of Joseph, Kenny, or Graeme. They plunderered the seasides, and bins of rubbish, to complete their suits of shells. They succumbed to foriegn masters, Adi of House Das, or House Lotto, of House sportsdirectla, la.

Last edited:

Dr Baltar

All this hot air - yes, Mane had no intent, but it was reckless and resulted in the injury of a player, which could have been a very serious injury. Since when was it necessary that fouls had intent behind them?
Exactly. Unless you're a telepath intent is impossible to determine anyway. What actually takes place is the only objective evidence available. And Mane studded the keeper in the face. His decisions and reactions, even if they're nearly unconscious, led to him making that challenge and that's the essence of sport

Status
Not open for further replies.