RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

20solskjaer

A Deluded RAWKite said:
With Suarez we were ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal, now i think we're behind both of them and City of course.
Another Deluded RAWKite said:
Why, though? What put us ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal, but now leaves us behind them? Suarez?
Only using RAWKlogic could anybody not figure that out

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
What is wrong with that? We can laugh at them but Pool are a big club.
You're missing the point. I did nothing to imply that they are not a big club. The rawkite is pissed because Borini would rather play CL than take part in a relegation battle.

BorisontheRock

It's still not as bad as this one somewhere in the pit of RAWK:

Mignolet

Moreno
Lovren
Sakho
Enrique

Vidal
Gerrard/Pogba

Reus
Sterling
Di Maria

Sturridge/Benzema

All apparently "realistic" targets and would cost less than £70m! What a bargin!
I love that they have gone all muppet on the midfield and attack (aside from debating if pogba> Gerrard and benzema> sturridge) yet they do feck all with the Gk and defence.... Can they really not think of better players than Mignolet, Moreno, Lovren, Sakho and Enrique!!! Rawkites

Maybe Brenton once said you don't need a defence to win a title and these deluded fecks are keen to prove it... As if Brenton knows anything about title wins....

thejtrain

It's still not as bad as this one somewhere in the pit of RAWK:

Mignolet

Moreno
Lovren
Sakho
Enrique

Vidal
Gerrard/Pogba

Reus
Sterling
Di Maria

Sturridge/Benzema

All apparently "realistic" targets and would cost less than £70m! What a bargin!
Surely this deserves to get a mention in the thread title? Not that I don't like the "We go edition" though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Surely this deserves to get a mention in the thread title? Not that I don't like the "We go edition" though.
Maybe I could write a book about being 2nd in the title?!

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Not from RAWK but from Rodgers nonetheless. Just came across it but think most of you guys might have already seen it.

1. ”It was a perfect away performance, apart from the first 10 minutes.”

2. “I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

3. On Luis Suarez: “He is a real warrior of spirit.”

4. “My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

5. “I am not a power freak.” (We think the lady doth protest too much!)

6. “I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings.”

7. “When we have the football, everybody’s a player.”

8. “You train dogs, I like to educate players.”

9. ‘I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.”

10.”I use a quote with the players,“Per aspera ad astra”, which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’.”

11. “When you’ve got the ball 65-70% of the time, it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we will get to. It’s death by football. You just suck the life out of them.”

12. “Joe Allen is one of the most courageous players I’ve seen.

13. “I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless.”

14. “I always say a squad is like a good meal – I’m not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time, but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.”

15. “All I’ll ever do is all I’ve ever done in any job, and that’s promise to fight for my life for the people of the city.”

16. On the ‘Being: Liverpool’ documentary: “It was something I didn’t watch, and thankfully it’s over.”

17. “I’ve always worked along the statistic, that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning a game of football.”

18. “I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence.”

19. “The problem with being a manager is it’s like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.”

20. “We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.”

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/live...ntly-cringeworthy-brendan-rodgers-quotes.html

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Not from RAWK but from Rodgers nonetheless. Just came across it but think most of you guys might have already seen it.

1. ”It was a perfect away performance, apart from the first 10 minutes.”

2. “I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

3. On Luis Suarez: “He is a real warrior of spirit.”

4. “My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

5. “I am not a power freak.” (We think the lady doth protest too much!)

6. “I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings.”

7. “When we have the football, everybody’s a player.”

8. “You train dogs, I like to educate players.”

9. ‘I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.”

10.”I use a quote with the players,“Per aspera ad astra”, which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’.”

11. “When you’ve got the ball 65-70% of the time, it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we will get to. It’s death by football. You just suck the life out of them.”

12. “Joe Allen is one of the most courageous players I’ve seen.

13. “I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless.”

14. “I always say a squad is like a good meal – I’m not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time, but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.”

15. “All I’ll ever do is all I’ve ever done in any job, and that’s promise to fight for my life for the people of the city.”

16. On the ‘Being: Liverpool’ documentary: “It was something I didn’t watch, and thankfully it’s over.”

17. “I’ve always worked along the statistic, that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning a game of football.”

18. “I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence.”

19. “The problem with being a manager is it’s like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.”

20. “We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.”

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/live...ntly-cringeworthy-brendan-rodgers-quotes.html
Could probably find 50 quotes from Brendan.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Does Brendan have a man crush on Joe Allan? The welsh Xavi ( a claim i take offence to as a Barça fan), then saying he's one of the most courageous players he's seen.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Given the high likelihood that 1. United will at least challenge for a top four position and 2. They won't get as many points / goals / wins as last season, this thread could prove to be a vintage we will enjoy returning to in the years ahead.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Number 9, I wonder if Stevie Me was in all three of those envelopes.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Number 9, I wonder if Stevie Me was in all three of those envelopes.
Apparently no one was in those envelopes and it was supposedly a 'man management' speciality from Rodgers. No idea why they even made that silly and cringeworthy documentary.

Lance Uppercut

I like how he says he has written the names down already, followed by "don't be in one of these envelopes." That could prove tricky, Brenton.

montpelier

childish guffaw at this, probably a narrow escape from the merciless RAWK banhammer

A good signing. Intelligent, reliable defender, a leader and organiser, and someone comfortable on either centre back position.
He should fit into Brenda's system.

Welcome, Dejan.
fecking autocorrect - my sister is a Brenda!

Nogbadthebad

Apparently no one was in those envelopes and it was supposedly a 'man management' speciality from Rodgers. No idea why they even made that silly and cringeworthy documentary.
It is a management tactic straight out of a Zig Ziglar management book.

As usual though, Brenton was close, but slipped at the end.

Obviously, once hes written three names in the envelopes and sealed, them there is feck all those three can do to avoid being in the envelopes short of making friends with Doctor Who.

What is supposed to happen is that at the end he says he wants those three to prove him wrong, and because basic psychology will mean more or less everyone thinks it is their name in an envelope, they all have the motivation to 'prove him wrong'.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Last edited:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Fergie did something similar. Without f*cking up the basics.
The difference was that SAF wrote 3 names that he said he thought would let their standards slip, after having won the title.

Rodgers wrote 3 names of players he didn't think would be good enough.

In the first one, players are thinking "it's not going to be me that lets my standards slip"...whereas with Rodgers, players will be thinking "I wonder if he thinks I am shit?"

Big difference doing it at a club that has been successful, and you have been manager of that team, to doing it to a club that has not been successful, and you have just joined.

Tarrou

I think Brenton has really toned down his silly quotes in the past year or so. I'm guessing someone told him what a pillock he sounds like.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Rodgers is a tit.

@swooshboy

Don't you post at RAWK, mate? They'll have your balls for posting in this thread :lol:

Minimalist

Clearly he gets the best out of the players regardless to be fair. I guess Gerrard and co think his verbosity means he's a genius or something.

Lance Uppercut

Clearly he gets the best out of the players regardless to be fair. I guess Gerrard and co think his verbosity means he's a genius or something.
That asshole thought Joe Cole can do everything that Mess can. Maybe better. Anything is possible.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Rodgers is a tit.

@swooshboy

Don't you post at RAWK, mate? They'll have your balls for posting in this thread :lol:
Haha - I joined in the hope of getting some Redcafe vs RAWK battles on GTA (sad I know...), but post in the United thread a bit! Not interested in getting into arguments over there - so as long as it remains civil then will probably keep posting!

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Haha - I joined in the hope of getting some Redcafe vs RAWK battles on GTA (sad I know...), but post in the United thread a bit! Not interested in getting into arguments over there - so as long as it remains civil then will probably keep posting!
Tell them Derek says that they're deluded and the whole of the internet laughs at them and their dodgy poetry.